Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5.2017 Oxted Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5.2017 Oxted Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF9791.jpgsara.jpga.jpg
Sara's Story: Sara was born in Spain. For sad reasons she needed to be given the chance for a stable home, so was sent to the UK. Unfortunately, she has already passed through five or six homes, has ended up stuck in kennels, and has lost her confidence in the process. We were asked to help Sara build her trust again and find her deserved forever home. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Sara is neutered, chipped, and vaccinated. Sara was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9779.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF9784.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF9781.jpgsara.jpg
Sara's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Hope all well your end ? All in hand here for Sara to come to you on 1st Dec. Am asking for a write up on her to forward to you from her .
Vet will be sending evidence of vaccs this week. She is spayed. Attached photos from when she was in Spain and a recent of her in uk on pink bed.
Thanks so much for helping her. Claire x
Sara3.jpg
Sara Puppy
Sara Puppy
Sara.jpg
Sara1.jpg
anne

Sara Spanish Greyhound x Podenco (Hound) Andaluz DofB 5/2017 Guildford Kenns

Post by anne »

I met and walked Sara this morning. What a sweet, pretty little girl she is. Sara is understandably a little nervous at the moment but she welcomed me into her kennel and was excited at the prospect of a walk. She is very light on the lead and she walked beautifully with Maizie. After initially greeting each other nicely they walked alongside each other but were very independent, sniffing in different places.
DSCF9768.jpgsaramaizie.jpg
DSCF9770.jpgsaramaizie.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Sara has a very expressive face. love4.gif
DSCF9785.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF9778.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF9783.jpgsara.jpg
DSCF9788.jpgsara.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sara is such a gentle easy girl. She meets all dogs with grace and manners. She is very settled in herself and easy to manage in and around the kennels. Pretty pretty girl
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Sara is a beautiful, gentle girl with easy manners around other dogs, and a lovely warm nature. So forgiving given how bewildering life has been for her. I'm sure it won't be long before a very lucky family come along to give her a settled home.
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

It was so lovely to walk Sara on Saturday, she really is an adorable girl. Very gentle on the lead and she clearly enjoyed being out for a walk, responding well to encouragement. I got some lovely waggy tail moments when the treats appeared. We met a large group of walkers and dogs on our walk and she coped brilliantly with some over friendly dogs. This girl really is special.
sara2.jpg
jackierollinson

Post by jackierollinson »

Today I met Sara for the first time. She was understandably a little nervous of a new face. I took my time outside her kennel getting to know her. Once we both aquatinted I entered her kennel. She was super friendly and very excited when she saw her harness and leads. I easily harnessed her and off we went to explore the river. She was eager to walk and explore her new surroundings. She didn’t mind meeting other on lead dogs or humans. She’s a dear sweet, pretty little girl who doesn’t deserve to be in kennels. Hopefully this delicate little beauty will find her forever family soon. angel13.gif]
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

What an absolute sweetheart Sara is. She was so happy when I went into her kennel on Sunday, she harnesses so easily! She rather has a trot about her which is very endearing. We went on a really lovely long walk with Jo and Simon and Mandy and Rizzie. What a happy trio they were it was such a great walk. Sara is happy in the company of other dogs she wants to say hello most of the time but obviously we kept distance. I found out she did not like the horses in the field but other than that she was smiling all the time. We were out for a 2 hours and they all loved every minute as did the trio of volunteers! Rizzie with his little times of insecurity seemed to be very happy to be around Sara and Simon. Sara walks to heel on a loose lead and knows her commands, she waits, sits when asks and when you ask her to gently take the treat she does so. Cannot wait to walk her again a true little diamond. angel13.gif] love4.gif love4.gif
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

Another lovely walk with the beautiful Sara yesterday. She seems to be growing in confidence and was more excited to be out and about this time. Keen on treats which should provide good opportunities for ongoing training. She was also great at telling me when she was a bit worried about a couple of things on our walk, as well as body language cues she makes a little snorty puff of air noise, like a warning signal, so I was able to provide reassurance and then everything was absolutely fine - she is such a clever girl!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Sara is such a sweetheart. Again yesterday we were joined on our walk by Simon and Jo his walker and little Rizzie and his walker Mandy. This trio absolutely love going out together, it gives Sara the confidence and also little Rizzie. Sara's confidence has grown around Simon and Rizzie and they love each others company so much. She has a prey drive and her sense of hearing and sight is absolutely incredible she can see and hear a squirrel from quite some way off and wants to "go see it". When we see a cat on our travels she has a funny little way of getting on her back legs and putting her front legs in the air and crossing them over she even then does not pull!! She is light on the lead at all times so responsive to commands and wants to please. She loved walking with her pals and we had a great 2 hour walk yesterday. You could walk for many more hours with her she adores just looking, she gazes so longingly at the very open fields that we cross as if she would love to bound over them! Sara is a complete darling and I love taking her out she has the sweetest nature. A complete angel13.gif] who would love to have her own humans and her very own sofa. Sara is also incredibly clean in her kennel she will only go when desperate so that is a very good sign too. Who is out there for this darling?? xxx
"If I do a trick with my ears do I get a special treat? "
"If I do a trick with my ears do I get a special treat? "

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”