Victor Picardi x Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Maplethorpe Lincs

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Victor Picardi x Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Maplethorpe Lincs

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF8598.jpgvictor.jpg
Victor's Story: Victor was owned by a family on a small farm living with another dog. They sadly went bankrupt and had to give Victor up. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Victor needs support when meeting new people. Victor is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Victor was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF8599.jpgvictor.jpg
victorIMG_5916.jpg
victorIMG_5919.JPG
victorIMG_5920.JPG
Victor's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
12.08.18: Hello Lynne,
Would you be able to help with a 2 year old male rough coated Lurcher who has reached our stray kennels. From what I have been told he is fine when he knows you but has to be muzzled meeting strangers, then when he knows them he is fine. Lived a sheltered life on a farm, owner rehomed because in spite of being fine around family he was threatening with strangers/visitors. To cut a long story short he was taken to a well known Rescue but they did not keep him and brought him back to the pound. This lad faces an uncertain future. NB I have not actually seen him but this is the information I have been given. Thank you. x Margaret
Victor.jpg
Wander Woman

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB TBAss Midlands Pound comes early Oct

Post by Wander Woman »

Aaww, bless you, Victor. You just need the right family. Our Lurcher's 'stranger danger' has improved so much over the years. I just know you have potential! love4.gif
xxlynne

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Victor has arrived and is wary but enjoying being hand fed through his kennel door to build up trust
xxlynne

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Dear Victor has come around much quicker than we expected . The staff have been hand feeding him and everyone has been gently talking with him and he has moved closer. Charlie offered him some potent smells to support him with his nerves.

Today we talked about taking a step towards contact, other than through the door and we agreed to put a slip lead over his head if he offered it on opening his kennel, and then to gently walk him away from the kennels...all went to plan and here are some pictures and a video of Victor first appearance with Ella and Jemma

Vicor.JPG
Victor2.JPG
April111

Post by April111 »

I’ve walked Victor 4 times this last week, he’s actually a favourite.
Had an initial intro (as in went in the kennel first and I followed) with one of the kennel girls and he really wasn’t bothered and now we’re fine. He’s so easy to walk, no pulling thinks about going for squirrels but doesn’t. When passing a stranger I keep him on a short lead and he’s fine with that, but does always like to look at them and I think he does want to make friends.
Victor will happily take a cuddle but not overly fussed and isn’t bouncy at all.
Fingers crossed for you buddy!
anne

Post by anne »

I echo all that April has said in the previous post. Victor has really settled and I got a friendly greeting from him when I was introduced to him in the paddock. Victor enjoyed a social walk with Billy dog this morning and both dogs showed polite, respectful behaviour and communication, enjoying sharing their walk but not bothering each other. (see video)
DSCF8594.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF8595.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF8597.jpgvictor.jpg
April111

Post by April111 »

So great to see Victor’s social skills and relaxed around Billy.
Fabulous!
anne

Post by anne »

Victor likes a good old mooch and sniff around while he is out on his walk. Consequently he is easy to walk, very relaxed and happy. He does occasionally bark at passing dogs, but that is all it is, just noise, then he gets back to his sniffing.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

(Since Returned)

Victor has been drawing in a lot of interest...today 2 devotees arrived to make friends. Victor loved them it was very humbling to see how his eyes glowed with love.
Victorhomed.JPG
Victorhomed2.JPG
anne

Post by anne »

Sadly Victor is back with us but he is looking really well and quite magnificent.
We shared a very relaxed walk yesterday.
DSCF9835.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF9838.jpgvictor.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”