Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Current Status: Homed
DSCF8598.jpgvictor.jpg
Victor's Story : Owned by a small family on a farm who sadly went bankrupt and had to give Victor up: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Victor is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Victor is now in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).
DSCF8599.jpgvictor.jpg
***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Victor's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
victorIMG_5916.jpg
victorIMG_5919.JPG
victorIMG_5920.JPG
Victor's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 12.08.18: Hello Lynne
Would you be able to help with a 2 year old male rough coated Lurcher who has reached our stray kennels. From what I have been told he is fine when he knows you but has to be muzzled meeting strangers, then when he knows them he is fine. Lived a sheltered life on a farm, owner rehomed because in spite of being fine around family he was threatening with strangers / visitors. To cut a long story short he was taken to a well known Rescue but they did not keep him and brought him back to the pound. This lad faces an uncertain future.
NB I have not actually seen him but this is the information I have been given
Thank you xMargaret
Victor.jpg

sweetpea

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB TBAss Midlands Pound comes early Oct

Post by sweetpea » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:14 am

OMG sounds just like our victor in his dislike of strangers. ..
love4.gif

Wander Woman

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB TBAss Midlands Pound comes early Oct

Post by Wander Woman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:03 pm

Aaww, bless you, Victor. You just need the right family. Our Benny Lurcher's 'stranger danger' has improved so much over the years. I just know you have potential! love4.gif
"The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" - Jeremy Bentham

xxlynne

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Victor has arrived and is wary but enjoying being hand fed through his kennel door to build up trust

xxlynne

Re: Victor Deerhound Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Dear Victor has come around much quicker than we expected . The staff have been hand feeding him and everyone has been gently talking with him and he has moved closer. Charlie offered him some potent smells to support him with his nerves.

Today we talked about taking a step towards contact, other than through the door and we agreed to put a slip lead over his head if he offered it on opening his kennel, and then to gently walk him away from the kennels...all went to plan and here are some pictures and a video of Victor first appearance with Ella and Jemma

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Vicor.JPG
Victor2.JPG

April111

Post by April111 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:11 am

I’ve walked Victor 4 times this last week, he’s actually a favourite.
Had an initial intro (as in went in the kennel first and I followed) with one of the kennel girls and he really wasn’t bothered and now we’re fine. He’s so easy to walk, no pulling thinks about going for squirrels but doesn’t. When passing a stranger I keep him on a short lead and he’s fine with that, but does always like to look at them and I think he does want to make friends.
Victor will happily take a cuddle but not overly fussed and isn’t bouncy at all.
Fingers crossed for you buddy!

anne

Post by anne » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:18 pm

I echo all that April has said in the previous post. Victor has really settled and I got a friendly greeting from him when I was introduced to him in the paddock. Victor enjoyed a social walk with Billy dog this morning and both dogs showed polite, respectful behaviour and communication, enjoying sharing their walk but not bothering each other. (see video)

DSCF8594.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF8595.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF8597.jpgvictor.jpg

April111

Post by April111 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:31 pm

So great to see Victor’s social skills and relaxed around Billy.
Fabulous!

anne

Post by anne » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Victor likes a good old mooch and sniff around while he is out on his walk. Consequently he is easy to walk, very relaxed and happy. He does occasionally bark at passing dogs, but that is all it is, just noise, then he gets back to his sniffing.

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Victor has been drawing in a lot of interest...today 2 devotees arrived to make friends. Victor loved them it was very humbling to see how his eyes glowed with love.
Victorhomed.JPG
Victorhomed2.JPG
Victor is homed but is remaining with us until next Saturday

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”