Judy Crossbreed DofB 01.01.13 Haywards Heath Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Judy Crossbreed DofB 01.01.13 Haywards Heath Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF7007.jpgjudy.jpg
Judy's Story: Judy grew up in a multi-dog household. A mating with the resident Border Collie resulted in puppies. Judy was handed in to a Rescue with all but one puppy (Penny, who we also rescued). Judy was then returned home once neutered. But sadly, both Judy and Penny ultimately lost their home, as their owner wasn't managing so many dogs. Neither had been walked, and were overweight. Rescue Remedies offered Rescue places saving both Judy and Penny. Judy is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. She was in boarding kennels near Guildford with her daughter Penny whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF6994.jpgjudyPenny.jpg
DSCF6996.jpgjudy.jpg
DSCF6988.jpgpennyJudy.jpg
Judy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
27.08.18: Please can you help 2 dogs Mother and daughter,. They are losing their home on Saturday
Judy on arrival
Judy on arrival
Deborah

Re: Judy Crossbreed DofB 01.01.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by Deborah »

These two are gorgeous. I'm sure everyone in Guildford will get them back to a fit shape soon, esspesally if they enjoy splashing about in the river.
anne

Re: Judy Crossbreed DofB 01.01.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I met these two beauties yesterday and what a joy they are. They had already had a short walk with Charlie having been to the vet and then they posed beautifully for their photo shoot. They are clearly very bonded with each other but were quick to make friends and enjoy fuss and strokes. Penny was very keen to share my treats but was gentle and polite taking them. We then went for another walk. Judy likes to take the lead but keeps an eye out for Penny to make sure she is never far away. These girls loved their walk, loved human company and are gentle and friendly. Patience, love and time was all they needed to start to relax and enjoy what life has to offer again and thanks to the Guildford walkers, they got just that and are ready for a new home and a new life.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked Judy and her daughter Penny today. They are very unsure of their situation at the moment and it took some time and patience to gain their confidence and pop leads on them, but once we were out Judy took the lead, checking frequently to make sure Penny was following and we had quite a long walk. The girls are rather out of condition at the moment and we stopped for a cuddle and sit halfway round as we wanted Judy to have a rest. It was a lovely opportunity to gain a bit more of their confidence, even though it was drizzling! They are very gentle dogs, not really interested in other dogs, passed other people without any problem and were very easy to walk. Very sweet girls.
anne

Post by anne »

Judy and Penny's confidence is growing all the time and they are loving going out for walks. It is lovely to see how much they enjoy their walks, Judy in particular has a great time, preferring to walk in front but always checking to see if Penny is close by. Penny is just happy to follow wherever Judy goes. We took them down to the stream today as it was warm and Judy enjoyed a paddle and a refreshing drink. Penny was happy to watch and have a cuddle.
DSCF7750.jpgjudy.jpg
DSCF7751.jpgpenny.jpg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked Judy and Penny today and oh what a difference 2 weeks make! They couldn’t wait to go for their walk today. Judy likes to take the lead and checks regularly that Penny is following and happy. She sets off like a little steam engine, which is worrying because she is still not very fit, although you can see that she has already lost some weight. We had a pause and a sit halfway round so that Judy recovered herself a bit and she did enjoy having strokes and cuddles, as did Penny. Back in the paddock she even had a little run around with Penny. Both these girls are very gentle, and are not bothered at all by other dogs, but they were quite interested in the squirrels!
JennyW

Post by JennyW »

These two are simply adorable - they’ve gone from being very scared to confident chunky explorers (working on explorer levels of fitness!). The experts at Rescue Remedies have worked wonders with these two (amazing work), they sit to be harnessed, love fuss and you can see in their eyes they’re taking their new walking world all in! See you soon for increasingly longer walks :smiley-chores002.gif: love4.gif .
82986BE2-AE96-43C6-A099-A0879B600193.jpeg
680FC65E-AAE7-4A38-9928-E2F2529FA129.jpeg
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

I was quite surprised today when I walked these two with Fran, a little portly at the moment I wasn’t expecting such an enthusiastic walk at such a pace. They just love being out and they love each other, checking where the other is along the way. They are growing in confidence and know that going out of the kennel means fun. Good luck lovely ladies on finding your own special home. thumbs.gif :havefun.gif: :havefun.gif: thumbs.gif
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

I was quite surprised today when I walked these two with Fran, a little portly at the moment I wasn’t expecting such an enthusiastic walk at such a pace. They just love being out and they love each other, checking where the other is along the way. They are growing in confidence and know that going out of the kennel means fun. Good luck lovely ladies on finding your own special home. thumbs.gif :havefun.gif: :havefun.gif: thumbs.gif
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Myself and Mandy walked Judy and Penny respectively. These two now slightly less portly ladies adore each other. We had a strong walk and a few rest stops, as we were out for a reasonable distance, but there are such easy dogs that are just enjoying getting out and about. They would make a lovely addition to home, you need one person to walk them each (currently), and there is never a bad word between them and they are very soft / receptive to human fuss. :smiley-chores002.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”