Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 22.09.16 Gatwick

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 22.09.16 Gatwick

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
PabloRed3.JPG
Pablo's Story: Pablo's family didn't have time for him, so someone took him in, but was unable to find a Rescue place. Rescue Remedies offered an emergency Rescue place saving his life. We homed Pablo for several months and he had a wonderful time, but he needs more work on his dog skills and lead walking. Pablo is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Pablo was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
PabloRed6.JPG
Pablored2.JPG
pabloDSC05939.JPG

Pablo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
30.06.18: We were emailed saying Pablo had to leave where he was tonight! No one had come forwards for him. We managed to negotiate taking him in tomorrow morning
Rescue Remedies

Re: Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x DofB 2016 Gatwick

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Pablo after being surrendered and staying with Aga while she found a rescue. Her words were, 'he is a lovely boy...'
309C876D-4874-4673-AB9A-C29E90593454.jpeg
BAC511CD-0E33-48E9-96C7-00B21C89687D.jpeg
F87334FF-AC57-48AB-AE6F-0B735625E56F.jpeg
Agata81

Re: Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 2016 Gatwick

Post by Agata81 »

Hello Beautiful Pablo hope you are doing well. Can’t wait for your updates, we miss you here. Aga - your rescuer love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Oh he is beautiful xxx

I got full on arms (ok, front legs if you must !) round my neck cuddles as I entered Pablo's kennel love4.gif
How he loves his people love4.gif
DSC05932.JPG
DSC05940.JPG
DSC05933.JPG
DSC05939.JPG
DSC05942.JPG
DSC05943.JPG
DSC05945.JPG
DSC05947.JPG
DSC05948.JPG
Pablo was initially strong on the lead but once away from the kennels in a nice quiet area he relaxed so well and walked with a lose lead, ambling along. Currently not so keen on other dogs out and about but learning all the time.
Pablo coped so well as it was sooo hot - he loved to take a drink from my water bottle !!!

Pablo is very lovely indeed :welcome.gif: love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I had the honour of walking this boy with Sarah and boy what a stunner. He is still only young but already has some manners and will wait and sit when asked. With some training he will be the most beautiful boy. love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Pablo enjoying a mid walkies drink :D
P7065127.JPG
P7065129.JPG

Walking with a lose lead away from the kennel on a quiet footpath :D
P7065130.JPG

And showing off his impeccable manners, giving a paw for a treat, bless him a teeny tiny treat relative to his size but still such a good good boy love4.gif
P7065132.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)
Well Pablo's life really does begin here. Robert and Betty have a wealth of experience with 35 years with Mastiffs and Boxers and going to offer Pablo all that to help him to bring it all together. Thank you!
Paxohomed02.JPG
Paxohomed04.JPG
Paxohomed07.JPG
Lynne I wont need the lift back thanks
Lynne I wont need the lift back thanks
xxlynne

Re: Paxo (Pablo) Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 2016 Gatwick

Post by xxlynne »

Pablo came back to us today. He has had a wonderful summer helping in the garden and being part of the furniture! House trained and very biddable. He is however very strong on the lead and can get very focused on other dogs . We need to do more work with Pablo to make him more relaxed around dogs and achieve sociability over time
anne

Re: Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 22.09.16 Gatwick

Post by anne »

The mighty Pablo was heading off for his walk this afternoon and being that he is so handsome I had to stop him to take some photos.
DSCF6430.jpgpablo.jpg
DSCF6438.jpgpablo.jpg
DSCF6448.jpgpablo.jpg
DSCF6450.jpgpablo.jpg
Pegmilly

Re: Pablo Dogue de Bordeaux x Mastiff DofB 22.09.16 Gatwick

Post by Pegmilly »

Once all the other walkers had gone home and the kennels were quiet, myself and Tony took our opportunity to take Pablo out for a walk. Without other dogs to distract him, he was surprisingly easy to walk. Yes he’s strong but no more so than I would have expected from a dog of his size. He happily accepted a cuddle and some fuss - he has lovely squishy chops which need squishing!! After a 20 minute walk, he was so relaxed he had a little lie down on the grass - laaaaaaazy boy, bless him. We didn’t pass or see any other dogs which I was happy about - I just wanted Pablo to enjoy his walk. Xx.
07BCF109-03AE-4546-A8F7-CBBA388EFEF3.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”