Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Richmond Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Richmond Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Sonny9.jpg
Sonny's Story: Sonny was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Sonny was homed with a family with two pre-teen children for 3 months, however the family and our Rescue came to the conclusion that Sonny would be happier in a home with older (14+) children or adults only. Sonny is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Sonny is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Sonny8.jpg
Sonny10.jpg
Sonny has a long scar so has had surgery in past. No limp
Sonny has a long scar so has had surgery in past. No limp
Sonny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Urgent call as Sonny was booked in to be put to sleep - we thought we had missed the deadline, but found out he was still alive, so picked him up the next morning.
Sonny came into our Rescue 15.05.18
Sonny3.JPG
Sonny7.JPG
Sonny45.JPG
aloepeter

Re: Sonny Staffiex DofB ?2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by aloepeter »

Sonny by name, sunny by nature! Transported this stunning boy to kennels today through the heat and noise of midday motorway traffic. Despite travelling with a car full of dogs (mine), and all the distractions outside, Sonny was well mannered on arrival and I was rewarded with super licks. After I'd collected Flora, and Sonny had returned from the cool woods with one of the walkers, there were goodbye licks ... and a leg wrap. Oh, and did I mention that Sonny has the most beautiful amber eyes ...
anne

Post by anne »

Sonny is just the most wonderful, friendly boy you could meet. He gives the bestest hugs ever. In fact I have nicknamed him 'Velcro dog' because he will press himself as hard as he can against your body for cuddles or drape himself across your lap.
Despite being warned he was nervous as soon as I entered his kennel he pressed himself against my legs while I clipped his leads on. He was keen to get out and get going but took no notice of all the other dogs barking at him as we walked along by the kennel block. Sonny is brilliant on the lead. He likes to take his time on his walk, stopping to sniff all the smells along the way. He listened and responded happily to what I was saying. Such a good boy. I decided to stop and sit on the grass to take some photos and immediately, Sonny was on my lap, pressing himself against me for cuddles. Not easy to take photos of him like this but I got a couple. 0002.gif] We moved on, Sonny quite happy to resume his walk. Next time I stopped, Sonny was more independent and took time to sniff and eat grass which allowed me to get some more photos. This boy is stunning and coupled with the fact he gives the best cuddles, I for one, am smitten!
(Sonny saw one of the cats when we came back, judging by his reaction, perhaps he is not up for living with cats!)
DSCF3579.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3582.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3588.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3591.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3596.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3599.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3602.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3604.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3612.jpgsonny.jpg
DSCF3615.jpgsonny.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I had another super walk with Sonny this morning. I can only say wonderful positive things about this wonderful dog. Sonny was easy to walk and we of course stopped for cuddles along the way and for a paddle in the stream. We met Chief and Biscuit on the way back. Biscuit barked at Sonny so he barked back and would have loved to follow them I think but he was getting a bit to excited so we went a different way, only to meet up with them again 5 mins later, when Sonny walked very calmly and quietly behind them. I did have to smile then when we walked back along the outside of the kennel block where there are some of the bigger dogs and when they barked at him he hid behind me. Bless him.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

WOW Sonny is stunning love4.gif
DSC04260.JPG
DSC04262.JPG
DSC04263.JPG
DSC04264.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Omg if you want a cuddle and feel better, Sonny Is your boy. For past Hank fans, you will love Sonny!
I took Sonny to the paddock today and sat in the grass. He plonked himself in my lap, rested his head on my shoulder and actually hugged me. He really is a lovely boy and so desperate for love. We had a walk through the woods, he was easy on the lead and had no reaction to other dogs. Sonny is new to the rescue so a little bewildered with kennels so I would say he's a little needy for attention and love. Nice boy.
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

walking with Sonny
anne

Post by anne »

Sonny and the horse
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely relaxed walk with Sonny this morning. I got lovely hugs when I entered his kennel and he was keen to be going out. Sonny was quite alert to the birds and squirrels and you could see the conflict going on in his head as on one hand he would quite liked to have chased some squirrels but on the other hand he did not really want to leave my side as his human companion is currently his security blanket while he is out and about. The trees were very wet this morning and we did find out that if there is a squirrel leaping about shaking the top of the tree and you are standing underneath watching you get showered! 0002.gif]
DSCF3807.jpgsonny.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF3809.jpgsonny.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”