Blaze (Flake) Husky DofB ?01.17 Maidenhead Berks

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Blaze (Flake) Husky DofB ?01.17 Maidenhead Berks

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Flake8.JPG
Flake's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a South Coast council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Flake is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Flake was now in boarding kennels nr Guildford.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Flake's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Flake1.JPG
Flake3.JPG
Flake7.JPG
Flake's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Flake's dog warden ask us to prep Flake for his new home and find his new family
Froggie757

Re: Flake Husky DofB ?01.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Froggie757 »

I had the pleasure of this beautiful boy's company for a walk in the woods yesterday, what a gorgeous boy he is! Very easy to get a harness on him, he was very interested in any and all of the local wildlife but was also happy to watch the other dogs pass by. He wanted to show his agility skills off so any time we crossed the small gulleys and streams he leapt over whilst I took the more mundane bridges, stunning boy! Who wouldn't want this face looking at them while requesting a treat ?????
IMG_0952.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Wowser, Flake is one stunning boy, eyes popping out your head handsome love4.gif
DSC04575.JPG
DSC04584.JPG
DSC04585.JPG
DSC04586.JPG
See what I mean !
DSC04571.JPG
DSC04578.JPG
DSC04579.JPG
DSC04580.JPG
DSC04581.JPG
DSC04577.JPG
DSC04587.JPG
DSC04572.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

I already love this boy! We met properly for the first time today - he was ever so pleased to be going out to explore and was pretty enthusiastic! We walked through the big woods and Flake sniffed everything with huge enthusiasm .... I think he smelled a water vole as his nose disappeared into the ground for a frantic search! On reaching the bridge with the stiles I told Flake to wait, which he did. I then said, 'Sit' and Flake lay down and waited while I climbed over the stile. When told to, Flake jumped nimbly over to join me. We went over the second stile in the same way - Flake is a bright boy who has had some training. When we got to a grassy area I asked Flake to lie down while I took some pictures of him; he seemed to understand the request to 'Stay!' and was really pleased that he got cuddles and chicken treats afterwards. Flake responded well to my voice and 'checked in' with me periodically during the rest of the walk, which gained him praise and lots of stoking - he leaned into me and snuggled up, really seemed to enjoy the calm stroking. Hw went happily back into his run with me promising that I'd take him our again soon .... unless this beautiful, happy boy gets his forever home! He's a stunner with huge potential and a really soft cuddly side, not to mention a gorgeously cute face!
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Met this lovely boy today. Very friendly and is curious and playful in typical husky fashion. Flake travelled really well in the car between kennels
He really is as gorgeous as his photos make him out to be! love4.gif
Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Met Flake today. What a cool dude he his, not flustered by the kennel run area, seems an all - round good boy who has had some training.
Gareth.C

Re: Flake Husky DofB ?01.17 Guildford Kenns

Post by Gareth.C »

I had the pleasure of taking Flake out for a walk this Saturday and he was an absolute dream. We walked with kennel mate Carter and Flake was not bothered by him at all, he was just happy to be out of his kennel. He was very easy to harness and walk - he is quite busy while walking and wanted to sniff and look at everything but despite this he is not overly strong on the lead.
IMG_2485[1]_opt.jpg
It was quite warm on Saturday so it was not surprising that he jumped straight in the river
IMG_2488[1]_opt.jpg
After our walk I gave Flake a good brush for probably 10/15 minutes - Flake sat patiently the entire time and just seemed to be happy to have the company. He also showed off his Sit, Shake and Drop - he is very responsive to commands and obviously very bright. It's very hard to see why he's ended up homeless!
FranB

Post by FranB »

My first walk with Flake last Thursday. He was very keen to get going and I needed a hand to get his harness on, not because he did anything but because he was so wriggly. Once we got going he was such a good boy, he passed several dogs really well, I think he would have loved to play but he listened and kept on walking. He enjoyed a little jog around the park and a splash in the water. He is such a happy, nice natured personality. 0028.gif
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180618_161609.jpg
Flake cooling down after a walk on a very hot Day. We sat together under the tree brushing his beautiful coat .
Meshelle

Post by Meshelle »

He looks like such a gorgeous boy xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”