In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Poppy (Penny) Vizsla x DofB 24.01.09 - 28th May 2022

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Penny67.jpg
Sadly Poppy slipped away this morning xxxBethany
PoppyPenny.jpg
Poppy's Story : Poppy was abandoned in boarding kennels by her owner and eventually when calls were blocked++ we were asked if we could offer her a Rescue place: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Poppy is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Poppy came into our Rescue on the 28.04.18 and was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick/ Guildford awaiting her new family, then temp foster in Reading as an only pet.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Penny's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Penny60.jpg
Penny61.jpg
Penny62.jpg
Poppy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. March 2018: Please can you help us we have a lovely dog in our kennels who has been abandoned by her owner. Can you offer her a Rescue place. xxKelly
Elliesmum

Re: Penny Vizsla x DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I'm sorry, I didn't manage to get photos this morning. Poppy is a real Lady and a gentle girl. She was understandably unsure of herself on her first walk this morning, but soon joined in walking with Hugo and Chase. Poppy is completely unbothered by other dogs and is very comfortable around them. She walks like a dream and I found her very connected with me and responsive. Very lovely Lady, it was an honour to meet and walk her today. Can't wait to see her character emerge when she isn't so concerned about finding herself in kennels.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Poppy (Penny) Vizsla x DofB 24.01.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Wowsers, Poppy is beautiful and such a gorgeous gentle loving nature love4.gif
DSC03351.JPG
DSC03350.JPG
DSC03357.JPG
DSC03369.JPG
DSC03372.JPG
I said she was beautiful !!!

Loves her humans too xxx
DSC03308.JPG
I can't believe her story, how could anyone not collect her from kennels ???, she is one amazing dog and whoever is lucky enough to adopt this beauty is going to have a life filled with joy love4.gif I'd get those forms in quick, she's not going to be with us long thumbs.gif

Feast your eyes on some more pics love4.gif
DSC03346.JPG
DSC03348.JPG
DSC03347.JPG
DSC03352.JPG
DSC03362.JPG
DSC03365.JPG
DSC03353.JPG
Simply beautiful xxx
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
jan&nick

Re: Penny Vizsla x DofB 24.01.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

penny really is a sweet and beautiful dog - easy to walk loves affection an all round great doggie
sweetpea

Re: Penny Vizsla x DofB 24.01.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sweetpea »

My friend has vizslas they are lovely dogs love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I had the absolute pleasure of walking the lovely Penny on Wednesday. We wanted a calm, dog friendly pup to walk with Marlee and Lynne said Penny was the girl for the job. This long legged bronze haired beauty is just so gentle. Really easy to walk, very happy to be getting out of kennels and into the countryside to enjoy lots of sniffs. Very very gentle taking the treats offered, happy walking by my side and by Marlee’s side, but really loved getting close to Geoff, who was walking Marlee. She is a poppet. I cannot understand how anyone could abandon her, but not knowing circumstances at least she was left in kennels where they could assume efforts would be made to place her in safety. This lovely girl is going to make some lucky family very happy.

8E46388A-EFC4-40F3-9978-40EE92A14EBE.jpeg

F70E5AD8-6E75-4EB7-AAD7-B6AF300301BB.jpeg

5AFC10F7-DB67-4E19-BBA4-0F3DD886A29C.jpeg

07281B88-3933-44BF-9BC8-AF2577414AE3.jpeg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

wow you are never disappointed walking the pretty, placid,perfect,penny..... a great walk never pulled once loves a few cuddles takes treats so gently a genuine all round superstar lucky person who gets this doggie
P1010609.JPG
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Walked the absolutely delightful Penny on Thursday alongside Hugo and Geoff. Penny is a beautiful, very gentle girl with an anxious expression who could do with putting a bit more weight on. She is a very easy dog to walk, waits patiently for her harness even when she has an idiot (me) trying to get it on. There is no impatience with Penny, not even the slightly sideways look some of the other pups give me when I’m messing up putting their harness on, there’s no ‘seriously what do you think you are doing?’ expression from her, just a lovely patient sort of ‘shall we try again?’!!! She walks beautifully beside you, glances up occasionally for reassurance. Penny is perfect.
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

The very pretty Penny was my first walk today. thumbs.gif What a stunning and very special girl she is! We walked with the equally serene and delightful Maisie, and Maria. It was a real joy to see the two lovely dogs being so happy in each other's company. (They'd make a splendid easy going pair if someone had room in their hearts for two dogs!) Penny walked so beautifully, enjoying sniffing everything but stopping for cuddles and kisses which she just loves. She was very happy to eat bits of roast chicken (she's SO gentle) alongside Maisie who wanted a share (and is very polite too!) Penny looked a bit concerned about noisy vehicles passing by but seemed to gain confidence from 'checking in' with me and listening to my voice. It's confirmed I'm truly smitten - I just adore our Penny! love4.gif thumbs.gif
Nurse Flo

Re: Penny Vizsla x DofB 24.01.09 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

Oh Penny - you heartbreaker you!
This beautiful girl has moved to Guildford so I met her for the first time yesterday.
She welcomed me happily into her kennel and couldn't wait to get out.
We had a lovely amble in the sunshine and it really was an amble - no pulling at all.
Penny is THE most sweetest, calmest and gentle of souls and is such an easy walk.
8993783F-90BC-47A8-81BD-2954D4808A4B.jpeg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”