Chase Labrador x DofB 08.01.16 Wimbledon

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Chase Labrador x DofB 08.01.16 Wimbledon

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Chase4.jpg
Chase's Story: Chase was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Midlands council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Chase is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Chase was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Chase7.jpg
Chase2.jpg
Chase3.jpg
Chase9.jpg

Chase's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
22.03.18: Hi Lynne
We were wondering if you could possibly help us with Chase please who we think may be lab x mastiff. He’s a golden colour boy. We’ve had Chase in kennels since January. He’s an unclaimed poundie from Nottingham. We have had Chase neutered and he has recovered well.
This was what the dog warden originally sent to us re Chase Jan18:
On his microchip he is down as an Labrador x .
He is an entire male 2 yrs old he weighs 37 kg and about rotti size.
He was initially fearful in kennels but now has settled down and is responding in a friendly way.
He was very friendly with all the vet staff this morning when I took him for his vaccs. He is in good health.
He appears to be friendly with other dogs as well.
He responds to basic commands and will happily jump in and out of the van.
He is strong on the lead.
Kind regards Amanda x Safe&Sound
MrsP

Re: Chase Labradorx DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Chase already knew I loved him as we've been chatting for quite some time, from back when the lovely Bambi was his next door neighbour. Today he became an RR dog and we could FINALLY go galavanting together woo.gif] He's a complete puppy through and through, but a full sized one! He's strong leaving kennels cos he's super excited and then he walks like an absolute dollop, plodding at my side without a care in the world. He's defo a bit Lab-y, led by his tummy and a tad goofy but full of the mastiff gentleness I've grown to adore. The only time he gets excited is around other dogs who he is just desperate to meet, all wags and play bows and puppy paw tapping. He is a big lad though so the dogs at the river looked a bit unsure of the clumsy oaf, Chase would LOVE some playdates please! You may have guessed that I think he's a smasher!
soooooo handsome!
soooooo handsome!
Chase love.jpg
Chase profile.jpg
Chase goofball2.jpg
and a complete goofball!
and a complete goofball!
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Clarkes304

Post by Clarkes304 »

I can’t resist a big Mastiff boy so I had to take lovely Chase out for a walk yesterday. What a gorgeous dog; he is pretty big but so gentle and soppy. I entered his kennel and we had a lovely hello, he didn’t jump up and just enjoyed the fuss. Harness and leads on no problem and off we went. He is a bit of a steam train out of the kennels but after the initial excitement he is happy to plod along. Chase makes the sweetest snorty, snuffling noises as he went on and really seemed to enjoy taking in all the sights and smells.
We came across a couple of dogs and he was veeeery interested - I had to hang on tight! - but it was all friendly and could tell he just wanted to say hello.
We had a lovely cool down by the river, even though he was a massive wuss and didn’t want to go in completely haha. He daintily dipped a toe in and had a drink and then decided that was quite enough thank you. I then got the chance to properly have some strokes and he has the most gorgeous wrinkly mastiff head and those soulful eyes love4.gif
Loose lead plodding
Loose lead plodding
Snuffling
Snuffling
What you looking at, silly hooman
What you looking at, silly hooman
I’m so gorgeous!
I’m so gorgeous!
Chase is such a happy and loving dog that he can’t stop wagging his tail in his kennel and it is getting very sore smiley-sad010.gif He really shouldn’t be there, so come on people, get your homing applications in! He would make an amazing family dog.
Sarahk

Re: Chase Labrador DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Wowsers, Chase had me under his spell in no time on friday, I wasn't the only one to fall for his charms, Chase is utterly gorgeous, stunning stunning boy love4.gif
DSC03193.JPG
Handsome handsome boy love4.gif
DSC03212.JPG
Look at those eyes, heart melting, soft eyes xxx
Look at those eyes, heart melting, soft eyes xxx
And quite the poser for the camera !
DSC03194.JPG
DSC03197.JPG
DSC03203.JPG
oops, quite a few more pics, Chase was irresistible xxx
DSC03196.JPG
DSC03199.JPG
DSC03200.JPG
DSC03205.JPG
DSC03206.JPG
DSC03207.JPG
DSC03209.JPG
DSC03210.JPG
and off on his walkies with Helen ...
DSC03215.JPG
I'd be quick with those forms, I can't imagine Chase will be with us for long :crossfingers.gif:
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
SarahW

Re: Chase Labradorx DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I had with my first walk with Chase yesterday. He is a very easy boy on the lead, no pulling, just wanting a good sniff. He does not like muddy conditions as the video shows. 0002.gif] A super boy who is a wonderful companion on a walk. I am sure he will be a popular dog with the volunteers. hopefully he will get whisked off to his forever home soon.
Waiting for a treat
Waiting for a treat
I am part Labrador you know, so another treat ins in order...
I am part Labrador you know, so another treat ins in order...
Such a handsome boy
Such a handsome boy
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Elliesmum

Re: Chase Labradorx DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I walked Penny alongside Chase with new walker, Emma. Emma did very well as Chase is a very strong dog and he did pull her along a fair bit! Chase and Penny got along very well together and both seem very dog friendly. Although strong, Chase is definitely a loving, adorable boy. Very handsome and yes, he does look like Hugs!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
xxlynne

Re: Chase Labrador x DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Chase is doing well but is suffering from 'happy tail' so the tip of his tail has broken down with him hitting it on the kennel wall. 3 days ago we moved him into the house to avoid this and give his tail a chance to heal. He lounges on my sofa and is enjoying the peace. He has visual contact with Blossom who is very quiet but he keeps an eye. The dogs in the house enjoy 30-45 mins in the big paddock first thing so he chills out. He lost weight also so now with his more relaxing lifestyle we will build up again with extra lunchtime meals.

He meets dogs beautifully when he is sharing the aligned paddocks.

Very easy in the vets receiving his vaccinations. Very easily in the front passenger seat in the dog mobile travelling..very loving boy
Pegmilly

Re: Chase Labrador x DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

1FD083F0-8386-4EFD-9EC8-05559F666F80.jpeg
6BB332A1-D280-442D-839B-82A299ACB892.jpeg
0A6A3BE4-E3C7-4DF7-8E6D-3B849032431C.jpeg
Chase is a gentle soul, a very loving young man. He loves everyone and in his quest to say hello to every human who passes by, he can pull.....but that’s because he wants to make new friends. Other dogs are greeted with a waggy tail, a happy, playful demeanour.......he would soooooo love to go and play with them. Chase adores being cuddled, fussed and loves being told what a good boy he is. For a big dog he’s an easy boy - and charms everyone he meets.xx.
xxlynne

Re: Chase Labrador x DofB 08.01.16 Winchester, Hampshire

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)
Chase has had an interesting week healing from his tail breaking down and then this morning I found a huge tick on his forehead...removed and chilled in the paddock Chase was defo showing signs he was ready for the off... enter Chase's new family and the last glimpse I saw of Chase was his head looking out of the back car window surrounded by his new family. Ros will share all!

Our thanks to Safeandsound for saving Chase's life and bringing him into our safe care.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”