Louie Collie x Lurcher DofB 01.07.15 Guildford Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
xxlynne

Louie Collie x Lurcher DofB 01.07.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Current Status: Available
Louie is our Rescueremedies Dog of the Month for August
Louie2.jpg
Louie's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Northern council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Louie is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Louie is now in boarding kennels nr Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Louie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Louie3.jpg
Louie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 24.03.18: Morning Lynne.
Loui.jpg
Hope all is good with you. I have another boy-who is currently with a rescue friend but they cannot rehome him as he has lunged on a walk. We believe Louie is afraid of strangers.

Seems good other dogs. He's only a young dog so God knows what he's been through Carolynx

anne

Re: Louie Collie x Lurcher DofB 01.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Lynne introduced me to Louie today and we all had a lovely relaxed walk together. Louie did bark at a couple of passing dogs to let them know he was around but other than that he seemed quite settled with us. Early days but you can see the intelligence in his eyes and he is rather handsome.
DSCF2874.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2876.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2877.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2881.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2882.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2884.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2885.jpglouie.jpg

RosC

Post by RosC » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Oh welcome Louie, a bit more than 'rather' handsome I think Anne, maybe VERY handsome love4.gif Lovely pictures - I can't wait to meet him at the weekend!

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Louie love4.gif xx

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:57 pm

I had my first walk with Louie today. He seems quite timid but very friendly. He walked very nicely and took no notice of the traffic. He sat nicely whilst a couple of other dogs passed us in the car park but did have a little bark at Mika who was barking at him so who can blame him!
Lovely boy!

CarolynRob

Post by CarolynRob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Its lovely to see Louie doing so well. His former rescue worked very hard with him . Thank you Lynne for once again taking a difficult boy and giving him a chance to shine . xx

anne

Post by anne » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

I had the pleasure of walking with Louie this morning. Louie gave me a lovely welcome in his kennel and we were soon heading out into the sunshine. Louie has a lovely relaxed vibe and we wandered slowly, Louie walking with a loose lead and stopping now and again to investigate all the new smells. We passed a couple of Labradors on lead and Louie looked but then walked on with no fuss. He was very tuned in and connected and was happy to go wherever I asked him to, or move on if asked. He did take an interest in the squirrels in the wood but again it was easy to get him to focus back on his walk. Back in his kennel, Louie leaned into my leg for cuddles and politely took his treat. What a wonderful, friendly boy. xx

anne

Post by anne » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Now that I have got to know Louie better, turns out he is just a big softie. Sporting a new harness we headed out into the sunshine and other than if he spotted some interesting wildlife, Louie just walked calmly by my side with a loose lead. He is very tuned in and very responsive so even if he does think about chasing something he is easily distracted to focus back on his walk. I think his paws are a bit sore or sensitive at the moment so we didn't walk too far but sat down in the grass for a while. Louie tried to get all of him onto my lap but when that didn't work he snuggled up as close as he could get and as soon as I rubbed him tummy, he rolled over and just lay there, legs in the air, grin on his face. love4.gif
DSCF3032.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3034.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3046.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3049.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3052.jpglouie.jpg
Last edited by anne on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:26 pm

What a handsome lad you are .
You’ll be ok in no time now you’re in the care of RR xxx

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”