Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Warlingham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Warlingham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
13C4EE81-FA39-48AE-BA36-8A7BBDA4A15A.jpeg
Louie's Story: Louie was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Louie is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Louie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick he was in foster for 2 months as an only pet whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Louie2.jpg
Louie3.jpg
Louie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
24.03.18: Morning Lynne. Hope all is good with you. I have another boy-who is currently with a rescue friend. We believe Louie is afraid of strangers. Seems good with other dogs. He's only a young dog so God knows what he's been through Carolynx
Loui.jpg
anne

Re: Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Lynne introduced me to Louie today and we all had a lovely relaxed walk together. Louie did bark at a couple of passing dogs to let them know he was around but other than that he seemed quite settled with us. Early days but you can see the intelligence in his eyes and he is rather handsome.
DSCF2874.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2876.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2877.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2881.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2882.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2884.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF2885.jpglouie.jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

I had my first walk with Louie today. He seems quite timid but very friendly. He walked very nicely and took no notice of the traffic. He sat nicely whilst a couple of other dogs passed us in the car park but did have a little bark at Mika who was barking at him so who can blame him!
Lovely boy!
CarolynRob

Post by CarolynRob »

Its lovely to see Louie doing so well. His former rescue worked very hard with him . Thank you Lynne for once again taking a difficult boy and giving him a chance to shine . xx
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of walking with Louie this morning. Louie gave me a lovely welcome in his kennel and we were soon heading out into the sunshine. Louie has a lovely relaxed vibe and we wandered slowly, Louie walking with a loose lead and stopping now and again to investigate all the new smells. We passed a couple of Labradors on lead and Louie looked but then walked on with no fuss. He was very tuned in and connected and was happy to go wherever I asked him to, or move on if asked. He did take an interest in the squirrels in the wood but again it was easy to get him to focus back on his walk. Back in his kennel, Louie leaned into my leg for cuddles and politely took his treat. What a wonderful, friendly boy. xx
anne

Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Now that I have got to know Louie better, turns out he is just a big softie. Sporting a new harness we headed out into the sunshine and other than if he spotted some interesting wildlife, Louie just walked calmly by my side with a loose lead. He is very tuned in and very responsive so even if he does think about chasing something he is easily distracted to focus back on his walk. I think his paws are a bit sore or sensitive at the moment so we didn't walk too far but sat down in the grass for a while. Louie tried to get all of him onto my lap but when that didn't work he snuggled up as close as he could get and as soon as I rubbed him tummy, he rolled over and just lay there, legs in the air, grin on his face. love4.gif
DSCF3032.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3034.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3046.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3049.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3052.jpglouie.jpg
Last edited by anne on Thu 19 Apr 2018 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

anne

Post by anne »

Louie approves of the name for the new prince. Prince Louie sounds good to me. We had a lovely relaxed walk this morning. Louie is intelligent, connected and walks with a loose lead most of the time. He listens and responds and is a lovely boy to spend time with. He showed me his playful side this morning. He does however have a fascination for squirrels and he would dearly love to chase them up the trees. He jumps up on his hind legs and does a huffy bark at them.
I do believe Prince Louie is the most handsome boy on the block.
DSCF3255.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3258.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF3260.jpglouie.jpg
squirrel watching
squirrel watching
DSCF3263.jpglouie.jpg
April111

Post by April111 »

I took Louie out today. He was fab, happy to get out as he was one of the last to get walked, good to harness and get out, did mouth at a few of his neighbours as a lot of them are want to do.
He was happy to trot along, we stopped to let a lady and young girl pass and they made a comment about his handsome face. He made no movement to go to them. I walked him last weekend and stopped to chat to a lady who patted him on the head. Again, very good and sat down then when we had a chat. I like walking Louie as he really enjoys his time out, is very gentle and easy going.
Hope we find him a home soon!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had a lovely first walk with Louie this week. He really is an easy boy to walk, no pulling, just enjoying sniffing and trotting along. A really lovely boy!

He had two ticks on his head and was fine letting these be removed when we got back to the kennels. What a good boy. love4.gif
2018-04-24 14.08.46.jpg
2018-04-24 14.16.57.jpg
2018-04-24 14.19.37.jpg
2018-04-24 14.20.09.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”