Chelsey Malinois x Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
SarahW

Re: Chelsey Belgian Shepherd Malinois x DofB 05.07.16 New Romney Foster

Post by SarahW »

I visited John and Sylvie and got to meet and make friends with darling Chelsey this week. She really is a fun girl to play with in the garden. She loves playing fetch. She took treats off me very nicely and then would take them away, drop them in a pile and come back for another! 0002.gif] Clever girl is Chelsey. Once inside she came up to me and had cuddles, all the time charming me and getting more treats. She trained me very well!

My photos don't do her justice. She is strikingly beautiful, her brindle coat and her eyes are just stunning. She is adorable!
2019-02-13 17.12.57.jpg
2019-02-13 17.10.42.jpg
2019-02-13 17.10.07.jpg
2019-02-13 17.10.01.jpg
2019-02-13 17.09.50.jpg
2019-02-13 17.09.12.jpg
2019-02-13 17.07.06.jpg
Attachments
2019-02-13 17.12.43.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

One final picture of Chelsey giving a paw for a treat. I think she has Sylvie trained well too... :biggrin.gif:
2019-02-13 17.18.11.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Here is a video of Chelsey training me into giving her treats! Clever girl! thumbs.gif
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Chelsey is a truly super girl, full of fun and very affectionate. She is so much better on her walks, but still barks and dances on her back legs when she sees or meets dogs she hasn't come across before. She greets her walkers enthusiastically and, when they take her into the garden for some playtime, she really enjoys playing fetch. With understanding and more training she will make an active couple or family a great companion.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Chelsey has been with us since before Christmas....remember, Sylvie and I are not puppy people so, for Chelsey to be with us still, speaks volumes for the way she has blossomed over the last three and a half months. Yes, she still has her moments, but the walkers have found a "turf field" which nobody else uses (perhaps they shouldn't either) but, until we're told otherwise, that'll be the regular walk. She has a long extender and makes full use of it, haring around....up and down....back and forth, rolling on the lovely, new green grass before coming back to the walker for a few treats and a cuddle, then off again.
Chelsey does still bark and dance on meeting new dogs, but she doesn't now cower behind her walker when the heavy lorries belt down the lane to the new building site on the fields of the old potato company....she is much less nervous of loud noises, and the many who work there often comment upon her attractive coat and markings.
I do hope somebody comes along soon to offer this lovely lady a forever home....she still has a way to go, but there is no doubt that she is keen to learn and will reward the owner with a great deal of enjoyment and affection.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

John sent me some lovely pics of Chelsey enjoying the beach. She has even been enjoying some swimming in the water not just a paddle!

She is looking so well and obviously a very happy pup!
IMG_0797 - Edited.jpg
IMG_0798 - Edited.jpg
IMG_0800 - Edited.jpg
IMG_0801 - Edited.jpg
IMG_0804 - Edited.jpg
IMG_0809 - Edited.jpg
IMG_0812 - Edited.jpg
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Thank you Sarah for putting up these photos of lovely Chelsey. She is making really good progress now....much less excitable when meeting other dogs and seeing other walkers. As Sarah says, Chelsey does enjoy a real swim in a pond nearby....proper swimming, not just wading....and then, of course, shakes herself off almost drowning her walker. It is also worth noting that when she arrived she was quite vocal, but now only barks when somebody comes to the front door or stops to talk outside the house.
In the garden she loves playing chase and usually(!!!) returns the ball to the thrower....she can be difficult when it's time to go back into the bungalow....she regards it as a bit of fun....but only, I believe, because she has never had any recall training....I hope it will come over time.
We all love her, and she loves life with a constantly wagging tail and ever keen to offer slobbery kisses.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Chelsey came to us on December 12th last year as a nervous and excitable young lady....barking at everybody, even her walkers, reacting at dogs but cowering behind her walker when encountering any noisy vehicle. Now she has so much more confidence, welcomes her walkers with enthusiasm, rarely barks at other dogs and usually sits quietly when her walker stops to talk to other people she meets.
She goes out into the garden for an hour or so each day and really enjoys her time chasing after one of her balls, playing tug or spending time in her bath!!
She really is ready for her forever home now....she is keen to learn, loves a cuddle and has very attractive colouring....ideal for an active family....I think she can walk for the entire day, given the chance!
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Chelsey has been out for two hours today and had a great time in the fields on a long extender. On her return she dived into her breakfast....or was it her lunch....I don't really know....but she ate it with gusto! She is such a different lady to the one she was when she arrived just before Christmas last year....still has the occasional bark or her walks, but appears to be such a happy soul whenever she has time in the garden; rushing up and down, chasing anything thrown for her, rolling onto her back for tummy rubs or destroying those "tuggy" things....she really makes us laugh!!! You're really missing out on this girl who is keen to learn, but needs time to settle in any new environment.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

My dad and I went to visit John, Sylvie and dogs on Wednesday. The change in Chelsey is truly remarkable since when I last saw her in February. She was co confident meeting my dad for the first time. No barking or stress, she had a sniff and that was it, she was fine. In fact I think she might be a bit of a social butterfly! She sat with my dad nearly the whole time!

I could not believe the change in her! She showed no signs of fear or apprehension that I have seen in the past. She was playful and funny and so affectionate. It was wonderful to 'meet' the real Chelsey. The happy, bright sweet girl that she truly is.

I have more pictures and videos to sort through but here is a video for now showing he playing with her new friend!!

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”