Chelsey Malinois x Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Chelsey Malinois x Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
chelsey1DSCF2129a.jpg
Chelsey's Story: Chelsey lost her home at the age of 7 months, as her owner couldn't take her with him into his new home. Chelsey was then misread and misunderstood by her new family for the next six months. She ended up in the dreadful situation of living in a small crate, muzzled, and only taken out three times a day for toileting. She also had restricted water intake. Her family booked her in to be put to sleep, and the vet nurse began asking questions... The nurse secured a rescue place with ourselves and also paid for Chelsey's spay. A family member then took Chelsey in for 4 days post-spay recovery, and was able to pass her into to our Rescue with very positive information. Chelsey is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Chelsey was now in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
chelsey3DSCF2111.jpg
chelsey9DSCF2123a.jpg
Chelsey46.JPG
Chelsey53.JPG
Chelsey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
A call from Donna a vet nurse friend who had a young dog being booked into the be put to sleep. Apparently she had nipped and no rescues would touch her. We agreed to find a place.
Chelsey02.JPG
0995E14A-FD1E-439A-8D32-18BBC15B15E7.jpeg
xxlynne

Re: Chelsey Belgian Shepherd Malinois x DofB 05.07.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Here are few pictures celebrating the lovely Chesley
Enjoying freedom from a crate its great!
Enjoying freedom from a crate its great!
Chelsey decided to carry her 'puppy towel' with her everywhere
Chelsey decided to carry her 'puppy towel' with her everywhere
Chelsey04.JPG
Chelsey06.JPG
Chelsey05.JPG
Meeting Ros as she is introduced to Gatwick Kennels
Meeting Ros as she is introduced to Gatwick Kennels
Chelsey08.JPG
Chelsey letting her fur down
Chelsey letting her fur down
Chelsey10.JPG
Tonight in her kennel
Tonight in her kennel
Chelsey13.JPG
Chelsey14.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Chelsey is a timid little girl right now but a gentle approach makes friends and I was able to clip her leads on in her kennel - into the big paddock we went and Chelsey strutted her elegant stuff ! This beautiful baby has superb radar ears !!!
DSC08057 - Copy.JPG
DSC08050 - Copy.JPG
DSC08049.JPG
DSC08050.JPG
DSC08057.JPG
beautiful ears from the back aswell !!
beautiful ears from the back aswell !!
DSC08055.JPG
DSC08046.JPG
DSC08047.JPG
DSC08053.JPG
DSC08051.JPG
That tail of yours will be up and wagging in no time sweet baby girl love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Kim and I met a timid Chelsey on her kennel today. She livened up as soon as I clipped the lead on and she realised it meant she was going out. We took her to the paddock and let her wander loose to potter about and do what she wanted. She did run after a tennis ball a few times and then me and Kim sat in the shade and waited while Chelsey did her own thing. After a while, she came to us and enjoyed some fuss. Chelsey is a quiet, sweet natured girl, who, if you wait for her to come to you, without rushing her, will show lots of affection. In a very short time today, she put her trust in us and really enjoyed her paddock time. When we out her back in her kennel, she was very much more alert and confident and barked through the window at us as we were walking away. I think she was telling us off for leaving her. Lovely girl.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Toops

Post by Toops »

I have had the absolute pleasure of the company of this stunning little girl for the last two afternoons and if it wasn't for the fact that I already have three hounds and a very small car she would already be homed!

Sunday: When I entered her kennel for the first time she initially retreated to her bed but a couple of pieces of chicken later and we were already firm friends and she easily allowed me to clip her lead on and set off for the woodland walk. She walked along really nicely, not really pulling on the lead at all unless she caught a particularly interesting scent. We enjoyed a few minutes in the Poets Hut and she did briefly get onto the sofa beside me. Unfortunately I was a bit slow with the camera so have no photographic proof!
IMG_1915.JPG
Further round the woodland a very scary tree stump frightened Chelsey but she soon told it off and then had a good sniff around it.

Towards the end of our woodland walk we came across some of Eddie's pipe which proved very interesting to Chelsey.

IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
Next we moved on to the regular walk outside of the kennel grounds. Here there were lots of new sniffs to be had. We did attempt crossing the bridge over the stream but Chelsey wasn't too keen on the idea, although she did manage to get her front feet up onto the stile.
IMG_1926.JPG
Back at kennels we went into the paddock for some off lead play and Chelsey was happy to give her toy to me to throw for her, in exchange for pieces of chicken. After a few throws like this she was happy to bring the toy to me and drop it at my feet for me to throw again.

Monday: Today I was greeted with a lovely wagging tail and we were soon on our way on another walk. Didn't attempt the bridge right away but instead followed the path to the open fields. Chelsey managed these stiles easily and we were soon heading off around the fields. She took rather a fancy to a cow pat and decided to carry it with her for a while!
P1020486.JPG
The pill box in the second field needed investigating
P1020485.JPG
Then we had a sit down in the shade and Chelsey enjoyed a couple of raw duck feet which I'd brought for her.
P1020492.JPG
On our return trip I decided to try the bridge again and Chelsey made it over both stiles. We went on to the stream as I thought she might enjoy a bit of a splash in the water, she did get her feet wet but wasn't sure about getting right in - may try an extending lead next time.

Back at the kennels she spotted the lovely Bengal cat in the cattery and showed absolutely no interest whatsoever!
IMG_1933.JPG
Love, love, love this little girl who really seems to be coming out of her shell now. She really is a little star and very cuddly and affectionate once she gets to know and trust you.
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Gorgeous gorgeous girl! Having met Chelsey on Sunday, I took her out this afternoon. She was a bit wary when I first went over but seemed to recognise me and was persuaded by some left over chicken. We went for a pootle first around the Woodland walk and came across Kevin and Nicki who were in the paddock. The two dogs had a look at each other, some wagging of respective tails went on, then they ignored each other, then they had another closer look at each other with more wagging of respective tails, then more ignoring each other. Then Chelsey found a stick ..... We then tried to continue our bimble whilst carrying THE BIGGEST STICK in the world until Chelsey realised that there were other sticks just as lovely - pictures of which I have and will upload. After the Woodland walk, we crossed the bridge and turned right to say hello to the workmen at the electricity station (or whatever it is). I was a bit concerned that it might be a bit too much but I so shouldn't have been concerned. She was straight in there saying hello to them, having a good sniff around all their stuff and did at one point climb into the back of one of the vans. They fell in love with her as it seems everyone who has met her has done. Chelsey is a gentle, beautiful girl whose confidence is growing day by day. love4.gif
Toops

Post by Toops »

Chelsey's confidence is certainly growing and she is now quite strong on the lead as I found out yesterday when SHE took ME for a walk in the pouring rain. She's not fussed about getting wet, unlike my 'sensitive' boys, who won't go out in the rain if they can possibly avoid it!!

I decided to take her towards the village yesterday to see how she reacted to traffic and it's safe to say she wasn't at all bothered by it, even going over the motorway bridge was not a problem with no reaction from Chelsey at all - to be honest she was more interested in the yellow tape around the pipework on the bridge and helped herself to a long piece of it. She is an excellent 'litter picker' we just need to train her to drop it into a rubbish bag and the area along Hathersham Lane will be spotless! She loves to carry a plastic bottle with her. The only problem I really had was when she found a stick with the most enormous prickles on it - I was so worried she would hurt herself but a few treats thrown ahead of us on the pavement and I managed to get far enough away from it to stop her grabbing it again.

She did have a couple of little grumbles at people passing us on the pavement, but I think this may just have been her being a little protective of me. She was easily distracted with a treat and happily allowed a lady pushing her cycle to pass us by.

Back in her kennel she loved being towel dried, although it was a bit of a game to start with when she grabbed a corner and didn't want to let go. Luckily it was a large towel and as soon as I started to rub her down she released it and really enjoyed herself.
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

It's amazing how her confidence is growing day by day. You can literally see her blossoming under your eyes. She was alert, responsive, happy, prancy and waggy of tail. But most of all she was lover of sticks.
chelsey 31.8.17.jpg
We met several off lead dogs - most of whom ignored her and she ignored them. She had a little chat with a staffie after the owner put it on a lead and came over to say hello. One of dogs she met was a beagle (I think) and did come charging over barking and growling with its owner hot on its heels so the two didn't actually come in contact. Chelsey just hid behind me but no barking, growling from her​ or any retaliation whatsoever. On her return to her kennel, she was delighted to see that breakfast had been served. She happily scoffed it down! And oh yes, she knows "sit" and "paw" when treats are in the vicinity
RosC

Post by RosC »

It is wonderful to see how Chelsey is coming out of her shell and shaking off the memories of her previous life. It was apparent from her spending a few days in a proper home before coming to us how quickly she would learn to trust that people can be nice and life can be fun!
I knew you would love her Karen and it is fantastic that you have been helping her settle in. Someone is missing out on an amazing dog here - I would have taken her home myself if Bertha wasn't already there love4.gif
From the photos I just love her idea of a 'stick' 0002.gif]
Toops

Post by Toops »

I walked Chelsey again yesterday and used Leylah's 'Gentle Leader' to see if we could walk without quite as much pulling on the lead. Success! She walked along really nicely and didn't try to scrape it off her nose (unlike Leylah who keeps rubbing her face on Tom's neck).

We walked the footpath along the back of the houses and met an off-lead Cockerpoo. Chelsey was initially wary of the face to face meeting but soon relaxed when his owner turned his back to her so she could 'become acquainted' without him in her face. Further up the path we bumped into Charlie, Sarah K and Chris and followed them back to kennels. Chelsey was quite keen to catch up with the group.

Back at kennels we took 15 minutes in the Paddock where we played with a football and a tennis ball. Chelsey is quite happy now to drop the ball at your feet for you to throw again, but sometimes gives a little lurcher 'play with me' growl. She allows me to hold the ball while it's in her mouth and play tuggy with it, all the time vocalising.

Back to her kennel for some raw chicken feet and then I had to go back to work. Looking forward to taking her to the Dormansland Show tomorrow.

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”