Boots Springer Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 nr Sittingbourne

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Boots Springer Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 nr Sittingbourne

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Boots83.JPG
Boots' Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Boots came into Rescue as a pup and sadly he hasn't done well in his kennel manners and behaviour outside all related to fear reactions. Boots has failed 2 rescues due to them not having the time to offer him to prepare him for homing. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Boots is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Not for children at this time.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Boots' thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Boots58.JPG
Boots70.JPG
Boots81.JPG
Boots' progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. A pound pulling organisation Safe & Sound ask us to help Boots so he could be prepared for homing
Boots60.jpg
Boots45.jpg
Boots come into Rescue Remedies on the 21st June
CoraMc

Re: Boots Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by CoraMc »

I can only ever speak as I find and expected to find a troubled boy when I met Boots for the first time yesterday. Far from it! When I was in the kennel next door to his, Boots was peering over so he wasn't left out and said hello and took some treats very nicely. Later in the day, Lynne entered his kennel for us so as not to spook him early with too many new folks and he greeted her like a long lost friend. Boots walked smartly out of the block and was very friendly with us.

Sarah and I took Boots on the woodland walk and it's fair to say he's pretty stick obsessed!! But he trotted along smartly with us with a suitable stick in his mouth and was simply adorable!

We then took Boots to the paddock where he only had eyes for his stick. He sat back very nicely to let us throw it for him and wasn't protective of it but loved the game.

Boots then walked back.very nicely to his kennel.

So it's early days for us with this boy and he with us. But he's the cutest little soul with bright button eyes. We didn't rush him or ask anything of him, yet he's already looking to offer friendship. We'll get to know him better but so far to know Boots is to love him. We all have a history and this boys is a sad one but my spidey sense tells me he wants to move forward with love.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

It was my first time of meeting and walking Boots today. I was greeted like a long lost friend as I entered his kennel. No issues passing dogs down the kennel block. We headed off on the woodland walk to start with which Boots loved as he was spoilt for choice with branches on the ground! Unfortunately Boots decided that the biggest branch that he could find was the one that he wanted to carry. He was determined to take it although it was far to big to get between the trees on the path. Luckily the branch snapped and Boots was left with a nice sized piece to proudly carry around :biggrin.gif: We went into the paddock and Boots loved a good run around and a sniff. He had a little game of ball but wasn't that fussed. Carrying a branch is much more his thing! We went into some more woods for a walk afterwards. It was lovely to see Boots with a waggy tail clearly enjoying himself. Early days for Boots but I think that he will do just fine within our rescue. Lots of friends to make who will all help him on the next stage of his journey. love4.gif xx
20170625_102507.jpg
Sits when asked and takes treats nicely - such a good boy
20170625_102631.jpg
20170625_102546.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Oh what a beautiful boy love4.gif
DSC06583.JPG
DSC06581.JPG
DSC06570.JPG
DSC06554.JPG
DSC06573.JPG
DSC06564.JPG
DSC06555.JPG
DSC06558.JPG
DSC06561.JPG
Isn't he stunning thumbs.gif
DSC06563.JPG
DSC06576.JPG
DSC06577.JPG
DSC06578.JPG
DSC06579.JPG
DSC06580.JPG
Super boy, our handsome Boots xxx
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Boots this morning. He was very excited when I entered his kennel but this is only him dancing about and he is no problem at all to get ready and he walked happily past the other dogs with no fuss. He was happy to be out, sniffing around and I was surprised how connected he was. He listened very well to me and he only tried to grab a very large stick once and responded immediately to an assertive but calm 'LEAVE IT' from me. Such a good boy. Boots seemed unfazed by traffic and waited patiently if I stopped for a minute or two to cross a road or open a gate or to talk to someone. He is a delight and because he listens and responds so well he should be easy to teach.
anne

Post by anne »

Boots was a little star this morning. We walked with Louise and Carlos and he settled very quickly into a calm and relaxed walk. Mindful of his stick obsession, we walked along the road and down the bridle path where there was less to distract him from his walk. Without sticks to worry about he is much more relaxed and responsive and took his time to stop and sniff and listen to sounds. I am falling love with this little chap - he really is a smart, affectionate little guy.
anne

Post by anne »

Boots was super excited when I entered his kennel this morning. However his enthusiasm is not a problem, in fact it is joyful and infectious and both his enthusiasm and his ability to tune in and listen make Boots easy to work with. He already knows 'wait', 'sit' and 'leave'. When I asked him to wait before crossing the road he sat, then looked up at me with such joy when I told him he was a good boy. In fact he thrives when you tell him what a good boy he is. Boots enjoyed a walk along the road, down the bridle way, through the long grass, through the wood and he had a paddle in the stream. He was brilliant throughout. We passed a couple of dogs and Boots just waited quietly without fuss while they passed and one lady commented what a gorgeous dog he was.
DSCF9291.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9294.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9296.jpgboots.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Boots this morning. Initially he found a suitable size stick to carry, but he was not over frantic with it today, just calmly carried it until we got to the stream. He dropped it in the stream where he lost interest as it was more fun running about in the stream. For the rest of the walk Boots was very calm indeed. He made no further attempt to grab or collect any sticks, instead happy to just sniff around and take in his surroundings. He knows his name and as I have said before is very connected and responsive and is pleased with himself when he has done what you have asked of him and he is praised. He is a super boy who learns quickly and is fun and friendly.
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely relaxed walk with Boots this morning. We were accompanied by Louise walking with Carlos. Boots was paw perfect for the whole walk. He is busy, busy, busy on his walks, darting about, looking at things, sniffing and investigating his surroundings. He was happy to wait for Carlos to catch up on several occasions, just amusing himself while I stood still. Boots pays little attention to other dogs, he is just busy enjoying his walk. His intelligence and energy need harnessing, so he would be wonderful to do training with and occupy him in anything which uses his brain and/or his energy such as agility, flyball, sniffing games, or just teaching him some tricks.
DSCF9421.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9426.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9429.jpgboots.jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

I love reading about Boots. He seems to be doing so well. He looks and acts so like my girl Izzy (who I lost in April) and the way he is quick at training. Izzy was a Springer/Kelpie Collie Cross and was black and white I wonder if Boots has Kelpie Collie in him too?. Really really adorable boy xxxx love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”