Astral Doberman DofB 14.12.10 - 10.08.17

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Astral Doberman DofB 14.12.10 - 10.08.17

Post by xxlynne »

Astral87.JPG
Sadly Astral was given Peace today. She was found to have a large very nasty canerous growth at the base of her stomach. There was nothing our vets could do further .............. but to give her Peace
Astral.jpg
Astral's Story : Astral was handed into a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Astral is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Astral came into us on 18th June 17

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Astral's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Astral96.JPG
Astral99.JPG
Astral's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust.
Hi Lynne, I'm just wondering if any spaces coming up please Lynne. I have these ones looking incl.
Doberman girl 6 years old. Owner hand in. Not been walked for over 3 years. Absolutely petrified of everything. She will not go outside. No luck with Dobie rescues so far- she will need a heck of a lot of work. Cx
Astral.jpg
Astral comes Sunday 18th June
Christinetully

Re: Astral Doberman DofB 2009 Coming 18th

Post by Christinetully »

Can't wait to meet Astral - she'll find out what fun life can be with lots of loving and time to adjust :welcome.gif:
Chapmania

Re: Astral Doberman DofB 14.12.10 Coming 18th Gatwick

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Astral love4.gif I am sure that you will do just fine with us thumbs.gif xx
xxlynne

Re: Astral Doberman DofB 14.12.10 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Astral has arrived and yes she is fearful. She reminds me of Dee Dee the Dobie who was Rescued by Dee 8 years ago. At the moment she has to adjust after a long hot journey and allow the sedation drugs to get out of her system.
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Welcome beautiful. You are with the best rescue and we will bring you back to normality in no time xx
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Bless her ... I hope Astral settles down and sleeps tonight. Poor lass ... reassurance, company, cuddles and lots of love & care, will hopefully help her to adjust. I look forward to meeting her this week. :crossfingers.gif:
cobden28

Post by cobden28 »

Hopefully she will at least be willing to go into the garden, even if not out into the great wide world ....
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Astral is in our isolation kennel which is very quiet and backs on to a huge paddock/ field.

Day 1 and her highness has had some very special guest first Princess Helen who spent an hour and half with her sitting and reading to her...then Charlie came to be with her; her second trip yesterday she had a lovely aroma session. I have visited her periodically throughout the day with her food and changing her water, chatting to her. Tonight when it was cooler I went and met her again and like yesterday attached her lead to a long lead and tried to coach her out.

I managed to stroke her head many times, and she was receptive to it and then position her so she could appreciate the large paddock. I have left her looking with the long lead attached and will go back to see if the cookie is cooked.
19.06.17 003.JPG
19.06.17 004.JPG

Our Star is here and will begin to shine
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Well a glimpse and I couldnt believe my eyes just 20 mins later I found my eye scanning to find a figure at the other end of the paddock.
She relieved herself and allowed me to approach. Im now reassured she is noway has the scale of fear Dee's, DeeDee has. Astral will rehab easily though she does have the flight instinct evident at the moment but thankfully its moves easily into submission.

I decided to set up the parameters so she didn't linger in her quaking nerves so coaxed her to walk back with me and she came a little way. I then put the long lead over my shoulder and hauled and kept walking and suddenly she found her feet and in fact over took me. The second video is where we are approaching her Iso. kennel and then she suddenly decides no more but my mission was to lead her back, to compartmentalise the session, so a welcome out and time to go back (I needed to let Fredds and my dogs out who had also been closed in with the heat of the day). I also wanted her to get the welcome out and the return; the welcome out and then the return. She needed to know her nerves were not commanding the rehab, we are leading her, caring for her and meeting her needs
Atral7.JPG
Atral5.JPG
Atral6.JPG
Atral4.JPG
Atral3.JPG

Tomorrow will be a much easier day for Astral
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Wow! Well done Astral! What a great first full day of absorbing new experiences and surroundings. Fantastic Lynne .... tomorrow will hopefully see her relax a little thumbs.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”