In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008- May 2022

Post by xxlynne »

Blossom89.jpg
Blossom.jpg
Blossom's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Blossom's Story: Blossom is our little petal. Before she came to us in 2015, she led a sheltered life owned by a drug dealer in with 4 other dogs and she was frightened. Blossom needs an understanding retirement home that will continue to help her gain skills and confidence while they support her in new situations. She has spent time in foster and is proven within a home. Blossom is good with other dogs and has lived within a pack. Our walkers regularly match her with companion dogs on her walks. Blossom has been homed by us 2x but return after 3 months spells once when the owner fed her dogs in the same room despite us asking for her to be fed separately. Blossom is, at her heart, a gentle, quiet soul who has waited a long time for her quiet, loving forever home.

Blossom grew up with five other dogs in her household. The relationship between their owners broke down, and Blossom moved into another home with one of the owners. Blossom was then taken back into her original home after the other former owner saw how neglected she was. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Blossom joined her litter sister, Peppermint (now rehomed), who we had already rescued. Peppermint offered Blossom the confidence boost she needed. Blossom has been spayed, chipped and is fully vaccinated. Blossom is currently in kennels near Gatwick.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance, and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Blossom73.JPG
Videos - very early days in the Rescue, 2015. You can see her lack of self-confidence. Blossom has blossomed since then!

Blossom35.JPG
Blossom54.JPG
Blossom72.jpg
Blossom71.jpg
Blossom's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Blossom and her litter sister have been living with a drug dealer and addict. Their relationship broke down... we were asked by the council to help Peppermint and three months later her litter sister, Blossom.
Blossom 1.jpg
Blossom 2.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Godstone Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Blossom arrived yesterday with the animal welfare officer who couldn't wait to get her out of her 'dark' situation and into our care. Her arrival was reminiscent of how Peppermint arrived closed down, fearful and like the sky was about to fall on her back. The introduction to Peppermint her litter sister helped her considerably despite the fact she was overwhelmed in every way being in the kennel environment and have the opportunity to run free in the large paddock with her sister. Peppermint still carries her past but has become much more confident with the time she has spent with us but Blossom initially gets supportive measures from Peppermint and then suddenly to see Peppermint cowering and showing yes she too carries the uncertainties and impoverished skill set which only time and hopefully a caring foster or permanent home can provide.

I left the kennels with Karen Toops in their kennel giving Blossom support as she had parked herself on the concrete floor of their run. Over the next few days she will learn to trust and begin to believe in humans and tentatively grasp that life can offer her rewards and caring
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Blossom is starting to blossom :D
image.jpg
Hester and I walked Peppermint and Blossom today, they are a gorgeous pair, and seeing how Peppermint has come out of her shell with us and now her offering Blossom that very same support and confidence that she's gained, it's sooooo heartwarming to see :)

Off on their walk...
image.jpg
This is how you do fences Blossom says Peppermint :0)
This is how you do fences Blossom says Peppermint :0)
image.jpg
image.jpg
Isn't Blossom gorgeous...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
After our walk we popped into the paddock and that tail of Blossoms went sky high and wagged to her hearts content :D
Blossom and Peppermint loved running, wonderful to see them letting their fur down :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Look at these 2 happy lovelies :smiley-love014.gif: :smiley-love014.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Blossom and Peppermint are so sweet the way they bump along together :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

Anne and I had the pleasure of walking Blossom and Peppermint today and what can I say, these two have, well, blossomed! So cute to see them interacting, little kisses for each other, looking back to see where the other one is, such sweeties! They have both grown in confidence so much since they arrived at Godstone. It would be so good to see them homed together. Christmas wish Santa? christmas.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Helen and I have been walking Peppermint and Blossom each Saturday. Blossom has found her feet with the help of her sister and is now the more lively of the two! Great to see them give each other confidence in kennels. They are another pair that are easier together than apart. They love each other, look after each other and are so similar in looks but but different with very distinct personalities! I really love just watching these two together. Here are photos from the last 3 Saturdays.
pb1.jpg
pb2.jpg
pb2.jpg
pb2.jpg
blos2.jpg
bloss1.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Kim and myself walked the lovely duo, peppermint and blossom. We found out today how much peppermint loves a ball - she loved squeezing the water out of them. Blossom takes comfort from peppermint, following her lead. Blossom wanted in on the action and she too started chasing the ball. The change in these two girls from the shut down dogs who arrived, to now, is remarkable. Kim and I both said they used to hurt your arms trying to get them to go for a walk, now they hurt your arms in their enthusiasm to get walking. Just lovely to see and truly heart warming. bighug.gif
xxlynne

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 New Romney Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Blossom has stepped back a little bit today as today she left her litter sister and arrived in foster to begin to find herself under John's loving care

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

I have just taken the opportunity of reading through Blossom's "thread" and it is quite obvious that she made good progress when she was in kennels under the watchful eyes of her walkers and aided by her sister, Peppermint. Her confidence took a knock when she first arrived here in New Romney with her tail between her legs and hiding behind a chair when left alone in her bedroom for any length of time.

It's all changed now, with her walking with her tail in a normal "droopy" position.but straight out behind her when she runs around after a ball in the garden, She snuggles up to me at night and makes herself comfortable on the bed when she is left by herself,

I can't say she is anything less than very nervous when meeting her walkers each day, but she quickly comes out of her shell and enjoys the new smells of the beach, the fields and the Royal Military Canal nearby....the walkers taking her to the chosen walking area in the car so she doesn't have to contend with the cars travelling down the lane.

Blossom has a good appetite and enjoys the additional banana she is having at the moment as she may have a potassium deficiency.

She is very affectionate to anyone she knows and appears to have exceptionally good dog skills.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Blossom has changed out of all recognition....in the garden she runs around with her tail held high and comes back to me with a wagging tail and does, occasionally, rest her big paws against my thighs. She is still unsure when meeting her walkers and, even when I put her lead on, her tail goes down between her legs....I do hope that will disappear in due course.

She snuggles up to me when I go and sit with her on her bed, with her legs across mine, She loves to lick my hands, face and neck, and follows me around hoping to go out into the garden again.

She eats with enthusiasm and her confidence is improving every day. She will need encouragement to continue her progress, but she is really affectionate and loves to share the sofa with anyone willing to be sit beside her.
Last edited by johnfowle on Tue 01 Mar 2016 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”