Shadow Greyhound x DOB 2007 - 14th September 2020

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Shadow Greyhound x DOB 2007 - 14th September 2020

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Shadow09.JPG
Dear Dear Shadow reached 13 years old and yes he was old and of late has struggled with his joints. Today Shadow gained freedom and flew off in Peace surrounded by LOVE & BLESSINGS
Shadowgrey.jpg
Shadow's Story: Shadow was owned since a puppy. His owner died, and he travelled into a Rescue from Leicester. Shadow then came to us when a volunteer asked us if we could help. Shadow has been with our rescue since 2014; he could really use his very own retirement home where he can spend his twilight years. Shadow is neutered, chipped and vaccinated. He was in foster in New Romney and adopted by his fosterers.

Shadow has a chase/prey drive so needs to be muzzled in public. Shadow is not for small furries. He is now more relaxed around dogs, but needs support when meeting some dogs outside. Shadow needs an enclosed secure garden so he can enjoy off lead exercise. Shadow could live around children providing there is strict exit management and front door safety. Shadow travels well and is a Greyhound sofa loafer. He arrived in rescue with half a tail. He has gained weight and his tummy has settled on a raw food diet. Shadow has lost some fur, which is probably due to stress from long-term kennelling. Our vet has investigated and found no conditional cause; Shadow is not bothered by this.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Shadow44.jpg
Shadow87.JPG
Shadow93.JPG
Shadow's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Urgent referral via one of our volunteers to help Shadow whose Rescue is not going to continue with him. Shadow came to us very under weight but over the course of a week has been wormed and he is on a build diet and beginning to put on weight again. He is house trained and tries to keep his kennel clean. He is beginning to walk with other dogs and beginning to relax in their company. We are going to muzzle him on his walks so he can relax more.
MrsP

Re: Shadow Greyhound lurcher DOB 2007 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Shadow is an affectionate and gorgeous boy, he's not a fan of other dogs at the moment but has been walking with Sam & Chris' lurcher Peggy who's very chilled and an excellent role model. He gives the most awesome cuddles, takes treats gently, sits beautifully, play bows and offers you his tuggy toy, kisses your hands and wags his little stumpy tail ten to the dozen, ADORABLE. Went out with Sasha today and he was easily distracted from any concern about other dogs with a 'sit' and a some strokes.
Can't wait to see him again!
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Some photos of the lovely boy after his walk with Estelle, I got a few lovely cuddles. I can't see him without kissing his head, he's very special.
IMG_0886.JPG
IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0888.JPG
IMG_0889.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Shadow definitely has a very kissable head :)
He won many more admirers at Godstone yesterday, and enjoyed a lovely long walk with China and then Roxy and Sandy joined in the fun too. After his walk it was time for a photoshoot for this very handsome boy :smiley-love014.gif: ...
DSC00409.JPG
DSC00384.JPG
DSC00386.JPG
DSC00387.JPG
DSC00393.JPG
DSC00394.JPG
DSC00400.JPG
DSC00395.JPG
DSC00402.JPG
DSC00389.JPG
Wow is what you think when you meet this beautiful mild mannered boy :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
gsdlover

Re: Shadow Greyhound lurcher DOB 2007 Godstone Kenns

Post by gsdlover »

I had the absolute pleasure of walking Shadow both on Saturday and when i went yesterday :biggrin.gif:

I got a greeting like i was a long lost friend :oops:

A Greyhound is a new breed for me and what a lovely experience it was. He is a very calm, gentle boy when out walking - walks beautifully on the lead....hardly know he's there.

Yesterday, he had a walk with our lovely Obama (& Debbie) who is also such a calm boy so they literally walked alongside each other for the whole walk with no problems at all.

This boy has so much potential and would be an easy addition to most families.
Purple Poppy

Post by Purple Poppy »

Shadow is an amazing dog and has stolen my heart. He adores people and if he had to chose between a treat or human praise, it would always be the later, without a doubt.

When he was at the Guildford kennels I walked him nearly everyday and I found him very easy to train as he is so 'people orientated'. He loves his walks and is very good on the lead. If he does become nervous of a dominant dog approaching too close, he will always let you know by looking up at you and all you have to do it to calmly tell him to sit until the dog has passed.

He will make a fantastic loyal pet and it is just so unfortunate that his original owner died. All he wants is the simple life and for an owner to call his own. Please someone give Shadow a loving and safe home x
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

First walk with Shadow on Saturday. He gave me a very affectione welcome in the kennel and was easy to harness. We headed to the paddock where I assummed he would be off running around but instead he stayed close and just wanted cuddles. Such a sweet boy. He is a delight. Then we headed off for our walk and was a good as gold. A wonderful boy.
Shadow1.jpg
Shadow2.jpg
Shadow3.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

I was lucky enough to walk Shadow on Tuesday (he's a popular boy) what can I say, such a sweet gentle lad who was an absolute pleasure to walk. He has the patience of a saint, he was wearing a coat I had no idea how it came off well I walked into his kennel a complete stranger and manouvered his legs through their holes and he just stood there soo trusting and patient :smiley-love029.gif:
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I walked the glorious Shadow yesterday and like Chinquest said before he was super patient while I manoeuvred his coat off, I too was not too sure how to do it but Shadow helped by being such a good boy.

He really in a sweet, affectionate boy who is such good company!
Shadow5.jpg
Shadow4.jpg
Shadow3.jpg
Shadow2.jpg
Shadow1.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

Lucky me got to walk Shadow again today. A lovely greeting in his kennel where he presented me with his squeaky :) coat off, harness on and we were off for a leisurely walk. Whilst still walking perfectly calmly and with a slack lead, Shadow took more notice of his surroundings today, a good sniff here and there which I love, it is their walk after all. A horse came over to say hi, Shadow just stood transfixed, when the horse got bored and moved off Shadow looked at me and we were off with Shadow giving lots of backward glances lest we were followed :D After walkies we headed for the small paddock where Shadow showed me he can run, and run :biggrin.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”