Trixie Staffie x DOB 10.12 Ifield Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Trixie Staffie x DOB 10.12 Godalming W/E Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Trixie was my companion today in the front seat and we did 240 miles together. Perfect front seat drive hardly knew she was there. She greeted various dogs into the large crate and small crate in the back through the grid. She did do a dance, little monkey, when trying to vaccinate her, so our vet took her out the back to ask the vet nurse for assistance and she immediately relaxed and was accepting. Trixie is in very good health.
katz

Post by katz »

Trixie is a lovely dog and she is gaining confidence all the time. This weekend she went exploring the countryside with us, enjoying a long walk on Yateley Common where she met an off lead dog who wanted to nick her ball nicely, then she enjoyed the delights of Crowthorne High Street including a visit to a fishing tackle shop which she found fascinating.

Next it was off for a pub lunch where she got a treat and fuss from the barman. This all involved much time in the car which she seems to enjoy more than she did at the start of our foster weekends.

She may not know "paw" but she knows "ball" and will look for it when asked to and will play fetch until exhaustion if allowed. Loves a cuddle but will also take herself off to bed for some time alone so isn't needy, though gives you a great greeting if you pop out for a little while, her tail whirls in delight when you return. Here's a couple of photos from the weekend
Walking on Yateley Common
Walking on Yateley Common
Two ball Trixie
Two ball Trixie
Enjoying the grass at the pub
Enjoying the grass at the pub
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

I took Trixie to the paddock on Friday for some off lead play. Wow! This girls loves a ball and to run. It was lovely to see her SOOOOOO very happy! She wasn't at all possesive over her ball and would happily bring it back to where I was so that I could throw it again. We managed to squeeze in a cuddle or two during playtime which she seemed to enjoy for a minute or two before it was back to chasing that ball. A happy girl who would love a garden and a ball of her own. As before, she didn't show any reaction whatsoever when we walked back to the kennels past many dogs that were rudely shouting at her. A sweetheart.
katz

Post by katz »

Trixie came to stay for an extra long weekend break - and boy was it a busy one! Fortunately she started off with some rest
Chilling on the bed
Chilling on the bed
Chilling on the sofa
Chilling on the sofa
Chilling with Andy
Chilling with Andy
On Saturday we had to stop by a huge and busy DIY store, Trixie and I hung around outside whilst Andy got the DIY stuff. There were lots of noisy trolleys, after she met the first one she ignored the rest, cars, people coming and going, she decided to make a new friend of a passing man of her own accord which was amazing when you think of how nervous she can be meeting strangers. One of the trolley boys came over to make a fuss of her before I could warn him she could be a little timid with new people but she took it in her stride, both people loved her. She wasn't phased at all, such a good girl. No pics I'm afraid.

Then it was off for a long journey in bank holiday traffic to Andy's parents who Trixie hadn't met before. She travels so well in the car now, loves to watch what is going on through the window. She made friends with Andy's parents straight away and was soon playing her favourite game of "chase me" around the garden and second favourite game of fetch with two balls (sometimes three!). It was lovely for her to be able to play freely in a secure garden. She also discovered a new fun game called "chase the pigeon", pigeon won fortunately! She enjoyed the attention of all four of us, stopping between playing for a fuss and cuddles.

We had a yummy lunch of lamb chops and veg and after much patient waiting in the kitchen Trixie had her own helping which she tucked in to. Then it was time for a walk then some more games of fetch and chase - she couldn't keep her eyes open in the car on the way home.
Just one ball this time
Just one ball this time
Waiting for lunch
Waiting for lunch
Lunch is served
Lunch is served
Having a fuss with Andy's mum
Having a fuss with Andy's mum
Exhausted girl
Exhausted girl
On Sunday we went for a long walk and stopped at a pub for lunch where she met a lovely couple who fell in love with her instantly. If they didn't have 3 cats I think we would have had Trixie dog napped from us there and then!
Surveying the pub garden
Surveying the pub garden
Making friends at the pub
Making friends at the pub
Happy with her new friends
Happy with her new friends
On Monday we met up with Andy's brother, niece and nephew and their Cockapoo Merlin and went for a walk on Thursley Common. Trixie was very interested in Merlin. As we settled into the walk she alternated between ignoring him and wanting to play. They both played together in a small pond briefly, neither being water dogs it was quite funny to watch. She really enjoyed it. Still needs support meeting some dogs, mainly ones that are bigger than her. The more exposure she gets the more her confidence grows. Of course it was off to the pub afterwards where she was one chilled puppy.
Walking on the Common
Walking on the Common
Watching the kids play
Watching the kids play
Relaxing at yet another pub
Relaxing at yet another pub
This was the most relaxed we have seen Trixie, she is maturing and not so nervous around strangers, she was reluctant to go back to kennels and who can blame her? If you want a cheeky, happy, gregarious young girl who will return your love in spades please consider giving Trixie a home.
katz

Post by katz »

Firstly I must say how well Trixie travels in the car now, she loves watching out the window and takes it very seriously, here a pic from one of our trips out from a couple of weeks ago - her harness allows her enough leeway to look out the front window comfortably :D
Trixie loves to watch where she is going on days out
Trixie loves to watch where she is going on days out
She also has developed her table manners at the pub
Time for a pub lunch?
Time for a pub lunch?
She clearly needed some R&R when she came out of kennels on Saturday
Lapdog time
Lapdog time
I was very proud of her last weekend. She had a tick and I didn't have a tick remover so we walked to PAH in Godalming to buy one and some other treats for her. She met some lovely youngsters who fussed her and fell in love with her, made friends in the queue at the till with a number of people who couldn't believe she was still looking for forever home when I told them her story as she was such a happy and friendly girl with them.

There was a fair going on in the town centre and I thought it would be a good challenge to see how she got on. Lots of people, dogs and noise. First stop was a stall selling home made doggy treats, she got a toad in the hole which she enjoyed much to the delight of the lady running the stall who she made friends with, giving her kisses and cuddles. Trixie did try to pull to every dog she saw showing interest and not fear which is positive though we still need to work on her enthusiasm. Whilst she was trying to drag me to say hello to two Great Danes a young gentleman working on one of the stalls commented on her and we stopped for a chat. He thought she was lovely and I told him all about RR, he lives locally and said he and his girlfriend would be interested in walking the dogs as Trixie had made such a good impression - fingers crossed they get in touch! He posed with Trixie and you can she what a good girl she was below
Enjoying a fuss at the fair
Enjoying a fuss at the fair
Next we watched some dancing in the main arena, Trixie decided to nuzzle up to one of the audience, she obviously sensed they were doggie people and we had a long chat again about the rescue and what a wonderful dog Trixie is, Trixie decided to have a roll in the grass and attracted another admirer, a young girl who rubbed her tummy - really amazing how relaxed she was in such a challenging environment.

On Sunday we went to the pub (surprise surprise!) for a Sunday roast. Again she got a fuss from youngsters and enjoyed rolling on the grass.
Pub lunch - again!
Pub lunch - again!
She is one happy little lady
Staffie smile
Staffie smile
...and she loves to go topless ;)
Enjoying the open air
Enjoying the open air
katz

Post by katz »

Interested in adopting Trixie? Here are some things that we have learned about her since we've been weekend fostering her over the last few months:

- She is a very cheeky girl and can be quite puppyish, she does mouth but knows what you mean when you say no, stop, ah ah or point a stern finger in her direction
- She is nervous of strangers but quickly becomes friends after a proper introduction
- She doesn't like the sound of human nail clippers, they freak her out!
- She loves to play ball, particularly with two balls, would continue until she keeled over if allowed
- She loves to have her tummy tickled
- She seems very interested in other dogs but can be reactive when she first meets them, though she has proved that she will play with them under a managed introduction
- She is a sensitive soul who needs reassurance
- She really enjoys a good roll on the grass
- She knows what wait and go means when crossing a road
- She doesn't know what paw means
- She knows what ball means!
- She travels well in the car
- Her house training is amazing - this is a little girl who has a sensitive stomach who has never had an accident in our 2nd floor flat
- She likes cuddles on her own terms and occasionally to sit on your lap
- She is a fussy eater!
- She loves to sniff and is a bit of a hound dog when she gets on a scent
- Small furries interest her greatly
- She adores playing chase me
- She has a very waggy tail
- She has a very soft tongue
- She takes treats gently and is not greedy
- She has been good with the children she has met
- She loves apples
- She is a sweet loving girl with an independent streak
- She is a good guard dog, you always know when someone is coming to the door
- She doesn't like having ticks removed
- She has lots of energy
- She likes being out and about and enjoys new experiences, she doesn't like being cooped up

With Trixie, you get out what you put in - she is a quick learner and sometimes too smart for her own good little minx!

Here are a few pics from her last couple of stays:
Watching the canoeists on the Wey
Watching the canoeists on the Wey
Sheer delight with her ball
Sheer delight with her ball
Striding out in the countryside
Striding out in the countryside
Watching the kite surfers at Lancing beach
Watching the kite surfers at Lancing beach
Bunnyowl

Post by Bunnyowl »

Met Trixie for the first time today. She is beautiful! Loves to sniff everything! Very good on the lead and very excited. What a lovely girl! And what a good little poser for pictures! That cheeky smile! :smiley-dance017.gif:
20150722_135411 (1)_opt.jpg
Bunnyowl

Post by Bunnyowl »

Trixie was a good girl as usual today walking very very well on a very loose lead, I don't think she enjoyed the rain much! Bless her! She is going to make a very lucky family very happy soon!
Looking out into the distance
Looking out into the distance
katz

Post by katz »

So good to see Trixie getting out of kennels during the week, especially when we couldn't foster her last weekend.

I haven't updated her thread for a while as work has been a bit busy but she has had a few sleep overs in the last month. She is a pleasure to have around and gains confidence with every trip out.

Trixie loves long grass, walking in it, running in it, rolling in it and trying to hide in it
Trixie and long grass
Trixie and long grass
She also enjoys snuggling up for a cuddle
Cuddle time
Cuddle time
She is always ready for a game of fetch
Throw it please
Throw it please
She loves getting out for a walk
Enjoying a walk on the heath
Enjoying a walk on the heath
Followed by a trip to the pub
Always pleased to be at the pub
Always pleased to be at the pub
xxlynne

Re: Trixie Staffie x DOB 10.12 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Trixie has arrived at Broxbourne She first had a lovely walk around Lee valley Reserve with laura alongside Darcie and Eddie

Adam the kennel owner says now the play begins!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”