TimmyTim Am Bulldogx Staffie DOB ?2010 Broxbourne Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

TimmyTim Am Bulldogx Staffie DOB ?2010 Broxbourne Kenns

Postby Rescue Remedies » Sat May 31, 2014 3:25 pm

Originally posted Wed May 09, 2012 by xxlynne
Current Status Available
TimmyTim edit.jpg

tim stand.jpg

Homing Requirements: TimmyTim needs a settling period to unpack and allow him to adjust having been in kennels for many, many months. He chews with boredom in his kennel so needs awareness when leaving him. Needs calm routine with infrequent visitors. Only pet status with a secure garden or area for off lead pottering. Not for children. Happy around other dogs away from the kennel environment.

Video: Timmy playing fetch
Video: Timmy Tim playing ball
Video: Timmy Tim on a walk
video: Timmy Tim with his stick
Video: Timmy Paddock
Video: Timmy Vs Branch
Video: Timmy Tim at large!

His Story: TimmyTim was found tied up in a park on Christmas day very thin and covered in bite marks. He has built his confidence up since and now meets other dogs well. Still in kennels and needs the opportunity to prove himself. Neutered, vax'd and chipped.

Advert: TimmyTim wins hearts and is winning his way towards his ultimate goal; a family to call his own. We are currently suggesting 'only dog' so he can relax in his home. He meets dogs outside well in controlled circumstances as with all our dogs. TimmyTim is definitely a "people person" and warms and welcomes all. Easy to manage on a lead and delights in having walks. Would not recommend using a crate for TimmyTim, he has to feel comfortable and relaxed in his home. Travels well in a car.

TimmyTim is a larger Staffie and his calm disposition and colouring suggests American Bulldog. His head and laughing smiles are all Staffie, together with a very loving nature. As with all bull breed dogs, his energy should be kept calm, so within his control so no 'tuggie' but fetch and Treat Trail are great for TimmyTim. TimmyTim welcomes and truly cares.

Interested in homing TimmyTim? Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

Please visit Timmy Tim''s thread on our forum to find out if he is still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing. Timmy Tim is featured on http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk

Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs.

Tim sit1.jpg
Tim sit.jpg
tim face.jpg
Tim Dexter.jpg
tim run edit.jpg

See TimmyTim's thread below: Watch his progress through our Rescue

Referral Details: May 2012 This is Timmy Tim- he was found on Christmas day 2011 tied to a tree and covered in dog bites, he was deathly thin and in a bad way. Five months later he has turned around and is turning out to be a lovely boy. Lots of one to one and showing him that he can trust has changed this boy completely. He still needs work and understanding but is far from the dog I first met and has lots of promise. xx Thank you Niall Animal Welfare Officer
timmytim4.jpg
timmytim5.jpg
Rescue Remedies

Re: TimmyTim Am Bulldogx Staffie DOB 10 Godstone Kenns

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 by Anne

I now know why TimmyTim has such a big fan club. He is quite a large chunky monkey of a staffie, very busy and enthusiatic and happy but with a calm aura about him and so affectionate and cuddley. He kept himself busy for the whole time we were out, sniffing and investigating. He was not the easiest of subjects to photograph as he is a very busy boy so I hope I did him justice.

mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:25 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 by Anne

Got the chance to walk TT again today. What a handsome hunk he is. He sits and give paw for a treat and he loved romping around in the long grass.

mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 by DebbieandColin

Walked Timmy Tim for the first time on Tuesday, he seemed very pleased to see me when I went into his kennel and after a couple of jumps up he stood patiently while I attached his leads. He was great to walk, very bright and alert -interested in everything around him but not worried or bothered at all by the other dogs.

Here he is burying his head in the grass, which he seemed to enjoy doing :D

mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 by chinquest

TimmyTim and I joined Liz, Jefferson and 7 Rottweilers for a training session today. We worked with a half check collar and gentle leader, TT wasn't overkeen on the gentle leader which was the only reason he hasn't got a gold star from me, def between a silver and gold though :D

He picked up the watch me command very quickly, heeled nicely in between trying to get the leader off that was down to me letting him get away with it picked up the bunny hops (sitting and waiting while I walked backwards to end of lead then called him) again very quickly. Whilst he was very excited to be let off lead he did recall albeit not immediately but for a dog living in kennels without access to any off lead time he did brilliantly.

All in all he was a very good boy and totally uninterested in the other dogs around him even when they circled us while we practised watch me.

Very proud of him

Here he is taking a little stroll before going back into kennels

mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 by aloepeter

Timmy Tim on the Charity Walk today with Barry
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 by gsdlover

Timmy tim & Barry at the walk yesterday

mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 by Nina

Another picture of Timmy Tim in Ashdown Forest with Barry. He really does deserve a home now - who could resist this stunning boy
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 by becca1984

Dan walked Timmy Tim yesterday. Dan hasn't walked Timmy Tim for a while and was impressed with the changes he has seen; from the timid, hand shy dog who first came to kennels to the happy, friendly and trusting dog he has become.

Timmy was excited in his kennel but after some cuddles he let Dan harness him. We set off on our walk and Timmy Tim walked really nicely. Dan told him to 'sit' before crossing roads and he did so every time- what a super boy! Dan stopped to give Timmy Tim lots of fuss and attention and he loved it! Timmy Tim walked really well beside Maggie and Dan is really looking forward to walking him again soon. What a handsome boy he is. :)

mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 by Anne

I had a lovely walk with the smiley, cuddley boy TT this morning. He is so good walking along the road, and just such a happy companion to be out and about with.

mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012by chinquest

TimmyTim joined the Rottie training class today for the third time (we joined in last week too). TimmyTim is very good, he isn't keen on the gentle leader (we will practise in this) and the only time his concentration slipped was when he tried to remove it. We did recall on a longline and he was very good both on relaxed recall and sit, wait recall making us wonder if he hadn't done some training in his past.

TimmyTim isn't bothered by the dogs all around him but did react when one got into his space so he will need care if offlead dogs are around.

Barry took loads of photos so hopefully will post soon, after watching and observing this week Barry will be joining in the classes with TimmyTim next week unless TT is lucky enough to find his forever home (please)!
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 by chinquest

TT has the watch command sussed

while the rest of class pass by closely (well closeish)

probably waiting our turn

sit and wait while handlers chat

heel

having a rest (it was very hot)

recall

and class over

mod2

Next

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS