Jordon Ambull x DOB 02.13 Bulgaria

Dogs that have found their forever home
marknsal

Re: Jordon Crossbreed DOB 02.2013 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by marknsal »

We met Jordon for a ramble round Lee Valley and he is a lovely young dog. A bit enthusiastic to start with but as the walk progressed he chilled out and walked ever so nicely. Not hugely treat orientated, left a pigs ear at the car, but does a very good sit and down and very keen on getting into the car so knows they mean a good time. Fine with Bella once it was agreed she would not play and when he was a bit boisterous at the beginning the usual remedy of ignoring and turning your back soon brought things back into a calmer mode.
Mark Brentwood

Post by Mark Brentwood »

Jordan joined team Duggles on Sunday for a nice stroll , and what a nice "stroll" it was. , Jordon was one of the first dogs I walked at Broxbourne when we started walking there last year and he I s lot different from how I remembered , we walked for an hour with a total slack lead , other than sniffing in the hedgerow from time he just trotted along perfectly with his tail proudly bolt upright like s flagpole , to sum up he is a great friendly well mannered lump of a dog. Very impressed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Out with Jordan today who was very excited to begin with, I think Tia might be a bad influence on him :smiley-signs002.gif: He settled down after a run and was soon back to his usual silly self :D
Jordan1.jpg
Jordan2.jpg
Jordan3.jpg
Jordan4.jpg
Jordan5.jpg
Jordan6.jpg
Jordan7.jpg
Jordan8.jpg
Jordan9.jpg
Jordan10.jpg
Jordan11.jpg
Jordan12.jpg
Jordan13.jpg
Jordan14.jpg
Hoonercat

Re: Jordon Crossbreed DOB 02.2013 Broxbourne Kenns Dartford

Post by Hoonercat »

We had the pleasure of Jordan's company this weekend, another AmBull who is very affectionate in the home.
We went for a walk before we got home, straight away Jordan was over excited, grabbing the lead, dancing and prancing in front of me. He gets a bit frustrated at not being able to follow Tia once she gets out of range of the extender lead and it did take a while to calm him down, but this side of him improved dramatically over the weekend once our communication became clearer. Once home Jordan had a good explore of the house then some lunch though he wasn't keen on either the raw or good quality wet food, only eating a small amount when offered (though he was better when hand fed - yuk :o ).
Jordan is excellent in the home. He had a bath then seemed to settle very quickly and was on the sofa in no time. He did manage to find just about every toy in the house (always dog toys, good boy) and had a good chew on the doggie duvet (he was still damp from his bath). I gave both Jordan and Tia a pig's ear each, Tia went to her bed with hers but Jordan didn't know what to do with his so tried to bury it in the doggie duvet :D He kept looking at Tia to see if she was watching then used his muzzle to push the folds of the duvet over the pig's ear, very clever. I took it off him and tried a game of tug to get him to bite down on it which did the trick and had him eating his treat.
Jordan has always been very submissive to Tia but he was a bit different in the house when he was getting a fuss. Understandably being fussed over is a big thing for Jordan and the first few times Tia tried to join us on the sofa he gave a small growl, though by the evening he was much better.
Jordan needs very firm vocalization and is very very good once you get the tone right, always listens and acts. This was most evident on his later walks when he got excited and began to chew the lead, a firm command and he was excellent, stopping almost straight away. He is hand shy so you have to be careful not to appear too threatening ie no shouting just firm. If you try to grab the lead or his collar he flinches away from you, panics and just pulls away further through fear of what might happen.
Back home and Jordan is an absolute cuddle monster, he adores companionship and loves to lay as close to you as he can. He was a bit worried when he met my son Luke and had a few low growls but was sitting on the sofa beside him by the evening.
The biggest surprise was how well he got on with the cats. They didn't come in to the house until last night, Jordan's first experience was with the fearless cat in the garden, he tried to get close and got a bop on the nose. Back in the house and the other cat came in, who is usually very nervous of new dogs. Jordan was on the lead but keen to investigate so I let him get closer. He was a bit concerned that he might get another bop but surprised me by doing a play bow in front of the cat, who just hissed at him. He did get to sniff the cat a couple of minutes later once I felt confident that he wasn't up to no good, and after that he completely lost interest. I kept him on the lead to be safe but we walked past the cat several times over the next hour and he showed no interest.
Another surprise was how he 'manned up' with Tia. Out on walks he really wanted to play but Tia insisted on laying down the rules and was pushing it a bit to which Jordan did eventually stand up for himself, twice. I had to shout them apart and Jordan was excellent, breaking away immediately. To be fair it was Tia who was being the naughtier of the two and Jordan just got frustrated by her refusal to play.
So all in a very good weekend. Jordan and Tia don't get on as well in the home as the do when at kennels, I think Jordan wants to be the man of the house and Tia's not so keen on letting him :? Jordan was much calmer than I'd expected, he had the odd silly moment without getting over excited and played very gently with Chelsey, and me for that matter. His house training was excellent though his manners when we were eating need some work :D By this morning he had decided that he did like raw food after all, having turned his nose up at Forthglade and then Chappie which both got a few nibbles but nothing more.
We also discovered that he travels very well in the car, isn't bothered by fireworks but does startle if you approach him from behind without him realizing. He is a very lovable lump who adores company and is still quite puppyish in some respects yet easy around the house.
walk1.jpg
walk2.jpg
walk3.jpg
walk4.jpg
walk5.jpg
walk6.jpg
walk7.jpg
walk8.jpg
walk9.jpg
walk10.jpg
walk11.jpg
Jordan chelsey1.jpg
Jordan chelsey2.jpg
Jordan chelsey3.jpg
Jordan chelsey4.jpg
Jordan chelsey5.jpg
House1.jpg
House2.jpg
House3.jpg
House4.jpg
House5.jpg
House6.jpg
House7.jpg
House8.jpg
House9.jpg
House10.jpg
House11.jpg
House12.jpg
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Jordan happy after his bath.
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Showing what a good boy he is around food.

xxlynne

Re: Jordon Crossbreed DOB 02.2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Jordon was out in the pack today and as soon as he saw me he knew he'd have a lovely walk. Jordan really needs a lift his eyes and muzzle and paws are very sore and his skin / fur are lacking luster: 2 years in years has taken its toll. Jordan needs a change so he can begin to feel safe around new people so I decided to take Jordon over to Gatwick and gradually build his confidence up.

Jordon occupied the front seat and as you can see he kipped for the journey
JordanJan1.jpg
JordanJan2.jpg
JordanJan3.jpg
JordanJan4.jpg
JordanJan5.jpg
JordanJan6.jpg
JordanJan7.jpg
Jordan has a huge bed full of blankets and will find his 2 shepherd neighbours a comfort. Sweet dreams Jordan
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Popped in to walk Jordan late this afternoon, as Lynne says he is struggling and his head seems to be all over the place. Took about 10 minutes before he relaxed enough to literally collapse in to me for a cuddle and let me put his leads on.
No such worries with Tia, he was delighted to see her :smiley-gen132.gif: We set off on a very muddy walk and Jordan was soon chirping up, though thankfully he didn't go back to full-on Jordan until after we had slid through the worst of the mud. We had a walk around the common, Jordan tried to get Tia to play but she was having none of it, before heading out to the main road, Jordan not being at all fazed by passing traffic. On the way back we had to navigate along a thin and muddy grass verge and I got to see the Jordan that we saw when we fostered him - not much room so he tried to walk in the road, a firm command and he was straight back on the grass, same again a little further on. From walking Jordan at Broxbourne, this side of him is hard to imagine as he's always the goofy dog wanting to play and be silly, but he's actually very good at listening and obeying commands. Back to kennels and I spent about 20 minutes with him, hoping to settle him in but he was so happy to have someone in his kennel that all he wanted to do was play - ok partly my fault for offering him the tug toy but he loved it, rolling around on his bed playing with his toy while I gave him a belly rub and a scratch. I left with a very heavy heart and the promise that he'll be spending next weekend with us for some TLC - he's really struggling in kennels and could ideally do with a long break, if anyone can offer him this.
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

I'd read plenty about this gorgeous boy and was keen to offer him a warm Gatwick welcome and to help him settle. Jordan was unsure on our first meeting and took a bit of convincing I was friendly. Then suddenly he decided I was and off we cavorted for a walk. Jordan settled well, has moments of giddiness but was mostly so delighted to be out and to sniff and check out his surroundings.

He's an easy walk and checks back what you're up to. And he has a hilarious habit of wanting to chew sticks, branches and trees on his walk. A few times he wanted to pause and have a chew before proudly picking up his stick/branch/tree (well, he tries!) and trotting off happily with it.

I gave Jordan his space on our walk as we'd just met, however back in his kennel, he leant into me and playfully bowed and confirmed our friendship. My sense is it's best not to rush in, let him decide you're friends and then you're best mates! He's a lovely boy and very welcoming once he trusts. Perhaps he's been let down on the past, yet he so wants to like you.

Jordan is a loyal boy and not just incredibly handsome, he has a dear personality. Perhaps overlooked for his size and sensitivity, while the former is a given, the latter is rapidly overcome. Definitely ready for a loving home.
Steve A

Post by Steve A »

I met Jordan for the first time today. It's important to take things very slowly and gently as he'appears to be wary of new people . He is though clearly capable of building trust and accepting you as a friend. I needed the assistance of an established friend to harness him as he was backing away from me and upset. Once harnessed we were fine .He walks very well enjoying lots of sniffs. He's obviously decided to disregard advice not to pick up and chew sticks as at regular intervals he'll pounce and proudly display his latest find. He is completely unfazed by other dogs we met several including a free running ,uncontrolled 5 month old Lab puppy that was all over Him. Jordan was exemplary totally disregarding the youngster. We also met a galloping horse , he merely had a look and displayed no reaction. He was nervous of people heading towards us he tried to head the other way however with gentle encouragement and a biscuit or two he overcame his nerves. He's a lovely chap all that's required is the gentle touch and patience. Steve A

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”