Georgi Mastiff x DOB 2011 - 22nd December 22

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Originally posted Mon Feb 24, 2014 by xxlynne
Georgi3a.jpg
Vikki and Andy lost Georgi today at the age of 11....Heartrenching
Georgi (2).jpg
Georgi's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Georgi needs: a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.Georgi will do well under the loving guidance of a family who have managed a large dog before. Georgi would love to be an only dog, as his people are precious to him. He is not for cats. Georgi needs a secure garden and front door exit management. Georgi delights in meeting children outside but is unproven to live with children. He has excellent people skills inside and outside the home. Georgi can be left for short periods. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Georgi was found stray in East London. He had been waiting for over a year for a rescue place and we were asked if we could help him find his home. Georgi is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Georgi is in boarding kennels near Godstone awaiting his home.

About Georgi: Georgi has charisma in bucket loads. He is easy to manage. He is housetrained and settling on lead walks, mixing well with most dogs he meets outside. He can be trusted as an off lead dog once settled, and his handler has achieved confidence. Georgi is receptive to people and children on his walks and loves receiving visitors. He was fostered with a Shepherd but preferred to be an only pet, have his beloved people to himself, and to focus on dog contact outside the house. He is a stunner who lifts the heart on meeting. Georgi is adaptable and travels well. Georgi is human

Georgi is a large crossbreed with a rich, thick, brindle and white coat. He is friendly and attentive to his handler and walks well on his lead. Georgi isn't pully or leapy; he is calm within himself, receptive to being handled and stroked, and exchanges affection readily. Georgi is playful and enjoys engaging in play with all those who will offer him the time, if not he entertains himself with his toys. Georgi still has some of his puppish behaviour intact: he is inquisitive, sensitive, clumsy, playful and cheeky. He is a highly intelligent dog who excels at learning and would do well to have the stimulation further training and games provide. Georgi Porgi is a cuddly bear.

Interested in homing Georgi?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, Click our forum link. Georgi is also featured on http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requests a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***

Georgi1.jpg

Georgi3.JPG

Georgi4.jpg

Georgi7.jpg

Georgi10.jpg

Georgi18.jpg

Georgi Coco.jpg

See Georgi's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue
Original Referral Details: Rescue friends approached us if we were able to offer Georgi the chance within our Rescue. We heard he had been waiting so long and were delighted to offer him a Rescue place.
Rescue Remedies

Re: Georgi Large Crossbeed DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

What a treat today - meeting gorgeous Georgi
P1000212+(640x480).jpg
So gentle & polite...
P1000213+(495x640).jpg
Lovely to see him stretch his legs, chill out & potter about
Rescue Remedies

Time to meet Georgi, the new Teddy Bear on the block!
Georgi1.jpg
Georgi3.jpg
Georgi2.jpg
Georgi4.jpg
Georgi6b.jpg
Georgi6.jpg
Georgi with Susiebee
Georgi8.jpg
Georgi9.jpg
Georgi7.jpg
Georgi11.jpg
Georgi+Montage.jpg
Georgi+Head.jpg
Rescue Remedies

Woo woo! I was the lucky one who got to walk this chap on Saturday. He is GORGEOUS! :smiley-love029.gif: Very easy to harness and get out of the block, no issues at all. He is a bigger boy but is very well mannered with it.

No pulling, so he is a breeze to walk. He was interested in a squirrel in the tree and also bunnies and birds in the fields but did not rush after them, just took a keen spectator's view! Did I mention he is gorgeous?! So friendly and super soft fur. Such a handsome lad that I have to say I did fall in love rather quickly!

No pictures due to phone issues, such a shame, as he deserves to be seen in all his stunning glory!
Rescue Remedies

It's a testament to how much of a gentle giant Georgie that I felt completely sure he would be absolutely fine playing with a new walker.

Also it's a great sign of how good he is that the new walker felt happy taking the ball he offered from a very soft mouth. He has such an air of gentleness that he really instils confidence in him very quickly.

So much to love with this boy. Just utterly adorable.
Rescue Remedies

The gorgeous Georgi was my first walk on Saturday and as before he was a breeze to harness and get out of the kennel block. We spotted the paddock was free and headed straight in.

Georgi is excellent at fetch. I only had to say drop and he duly obliged. He is such a good boy and so well-mannered. I have to say it was the best game of fetch I have played in ages. He even caught the ball mid air a few times, such a clever boy. He always bought the ball back. I could even take the ball from his mouth without any reluctance from him.

This dog is wonderful! :smiley-love029.gif: He is so easy to walk. Despite being on the bigger side and very strong he was attentive and so well behaved! I can't sing his praises enough!
Georgi1.jpg
Georgi2.jpg
Georgi3.jpg
Rescue Remedies

Charlie picked up Georgi and off we trotted for a super long walk with the rather gorgeous pair Georgi & Beau

Georgi and Beau, quite a ring to it !!! :smiley-gen132.gif:

Georgi rather liked the look of Beau but was happy that Beau played it cool to start with...
image.jpg
She's looking out the corner of her eye and thinking "mmmm, he's rather handsome but I'll play hard to get"!!!

"Well maybe a closer look"...
image2.jpg
She could resist no longer, in she goes !!!!
image3.jpg
image4.jpg
All I can say is you have very good taste Beau, Georgi is rather a catch !!!
image5.jpg
image6.jpg
image7.jpg
A really enjoyable walk with both Georgi and Beau on long leads and sooo relaxed in each other's company, total joy :)
image8.jpg
They parted at the kennel entrance but hope to see each other again soon !!!!

Hope Georgi is having sweet dreams

Great day :D :D :D
Rescue Remedies

We walked Diamond and Georgi together today and they were quite chilled in each other's company...
image.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
Georgi in the bluebells...
image4.jpg
Then Georgi and Diamond trotted along some more ...
image5.jpg
image6.jpg
Beautiful gentle boy, that's our Georgi :love4:
image7.jpg
image8.jpg
Happy easter Georgi, I'm wishing for your home soon :)
Rescue Remedies

Georgie enjoyed a peaceful walk with Diamond today.

2 truly beautiful, gentle dogs.

Rescue Remedies

Gorgeous Georgi enjoying a Sunday walk with his mate Atlas ...
DSC00785.JPG
and Bisto joining the fun !
DSC00787.JPG
Georgi is such a laid back lovable boy :D

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”