Huckleberry Hound! DOB 11.12 Ashford Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rescue Remedies

Huckleberry Hound! DOB 11.12 Ashford Kent

Post by Rescue Remedies »

First came to us Nov 16, 2013 8:09 pm
Current Status Homed
Huckleberry1.jpg
Huckleberry needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Huckleberry was found in a park stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Huckleberry's life. His finders have been there for him and although they cant home him they have found him his rescue place and supported his first month kennelling. Huckleberry was homed and then returned as he reacted to confrontation. His fosterers worked with him to break down his nerves and he has enjoyed being part of his foster pack. He is now ready to home. Huckleberry came back into boarding kennels mid August 17. Homed again for several month in with a cat but had a nerves episode with the visiting children.

Huckleberry enjoys living with other dogs & doing so well in a training foster home. Walks to heel, sits on command, give paw, leaves. Huckleberry doesn’t like confrontation so anyone with ‘dominance theory’ which we don’t agree with need not apply. Recommend a relationship strengthening focus. May had harsh treatment in his past. Huckleberry needs a kind home where he has guidance with fondness & joy in your voice. Hounddog

Visit Huckleberry's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Huckleberry2 (1).jpg
Huckleberry's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: We were approached by Huckleberry's finder to offer him a Rescue Place.
Huckleberry arrived today.
Rescue Remedies

Re: Huckleberry Hound! DOB 11.2012 Benfleet Essex

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 by thr62

Had the pleasure of meeting Huckleberry when he arrived today and after getting lots of kisses from him managed to take a few pictures..

Introducing himself and being the perfect gentleman...

Rescue Remedies_3

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 by SarahK

Huckleberry, how gorgeous are you

Delighted to meet Huckleberry today, easy to harness and keen on cuddles, walked like a dream as we were out with Erin and Ronnie, no pulling, just a dream boy. He does have a young feel to him with his gushing enthusiasm, feeling of innocence and love, gorgeous face and really great floppy ears, impossible not to fall for his charms

And he gives a paw :D

Takes treats very gently, he so loves a cuddle it's really difficult to get a picture of him ! These really don't do him justice, he's so amazing in the flesh :love4:

Lovely lovely boy
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 by SharonR

Our first dog of the day at our photoshoot today and we needed something special ... meet Huckleberry!

With our HelenG...

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 by brialing47

My wife and I had the pleasure of accompanying Huckleberry on the Charity Walk on Saturday. He was full of beans, which the walk did nothing to diminish :)

He travelled well in the car there and back. He was keen to set off on the walk as soon as we arrived at Ashdown, so we strolled around calmly whilst waiting to set off.

As soon as the walk started he seemed determined to get to the front, full steam ahead. He was curious about other dogs but had no issue about being amongst so many dogs and people, other than he wanted to pass them all :). He was still full of energy at the end of the walk, no flopping down in the car afterwards and sleeping for him. Still alert and curious. Seems to like seeing the road ahead, though maybe it was just the opportunity to rest his head on my shoulder whilst I was driving. :)

He is a sweet and lovely dog and is very affectionate. He likes to keep in touch with his humans.

Whilst not many opportunities to take pictures of him on the walk, here are a few, taken of the lovely Huckleberry, which don't do him justice.

Brian & Heather

Image :)
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 by Elaine Deehan

I met Huckleberry for the first time time today, he looked very strong and I thought 'what am I doing?' Â But he is adorable, I got kisses when I went into his kennel and on the walk he keeps looking around for reassurance, he has a lovely face and is very gentle on the lead. Â The horses came over to meet us and he was quite happy. Â He wasn't phased when two other staffies passed by and ignored the cat, much preferring to chase the kennel maid for cuddles!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 by SarahW

Got to meet this gorgeous boy before he headed off for his walk last Sunday. He is a lovely affectionate boy with the cutest big floppy ears. He does seem very puppy like so I hope he is not with us for long as he would thrive in a home environment!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 by chapmania

I got to meet Huckleberry for the first time yesterday. He was very excited to see me but once he was harnessed and we were out walking he was fine.

As we walked down the drive he saw a pheasant and had a good look. He looked at the horses to but wasn't bothered by them.

Huckleberry loves his cuddles and is very generous with his kisses! Santa

When I went to give him a treat he sat down straight away and took them very gently. Such a good boy.

This lovely boy has so much love to give and needs a home of his own.
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Huckleberry Staffie DOB 11.2012 Benfleet Essex

Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 by SharonR

Finn has been homed so it must be Huckleberry's turn! New pics from Saturday's photoshoot showing a nicely chilled and relaxed boy ... what a softee he is!

Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Huckleberry Staffie DOB 11.2012 Benfleet Essex

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 by xxlynne
(Since returned)

Yes today was a coming together of Huckleberry and Peter

Peter and Brenda are already truly deeply! How wonderful

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”