Barley Parson's JRT DOB 2007 Rowfant W Sussex

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Re: Barley Parson's JRT DOB 2007 Godstone Kenns

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Snoozing next to me on the sofa...Top spottie ear :)

Playtime...

Quick back scratch mid playtime !!!

Back to playtime...

Tummy tickle :)

Cheeky chappie :wink:
Big brown eyes :)

Then it was bathtime...
... not Barleys favourite thing and he'd rather not have been in the bath, so I'm writing this update slightly damp myself !!! We did succeed though and now aswell as super cute he's super fluffy and sweet smelling too :D

Plus, he has quite enjoyed the drying off time... Snug as a bug :love4:

Barley is soooo much more relaxed than last night, what a difference a day makes, wonderful to see him unwind, love him :love4:
Rescue Remedies

And I hope they help capture Barley his home :love4:

He's been such a wonderful guest, if it wasn't for work I would love to have him to stay longer but kennel o'clock came all too soon for us today :shock:

He's definitely earned his weekend pass for mine whenever I'm around but after showing me his super-soft side mr affectionate side out of the kennels I do hope someone spots him and whisks him away into their family ever so soon, he really is a gem and won me over big time :love4:

My neighbour popped round too, Barley met her very politely, she was smitten with him instantly, bless !

Some pics below out on our morning walk, showing off his white fluffy post bath coat ! He walks really well, no pulling from this little man whether on his shorter lead or the extender. Barley shows no reaction around cyclists, a family of 5 passed us in close proximity and Barley barely looked up !

Feast your eyes on the ever so wonderful Barley boy :love4:

Best 'sit' for a treat :D

More playtime...gave him a new tennis ball and he was very taken with it !!!
Awww, soooo cute :)

Playtime makes you sleepy...

Looking out the window from the comfort of the sofa !

And this is the Barley I got to know this weekend, the one who loves to pop his front paws on your leg if your sat on the sofa or your arm if you're lying in bed ! Love him loads :love4:

And now for a couple of his gorgeous little face in close up...

Go on, someone out there must be tempted by now !!
Hoping for his new home soon, he's waited far too long, he'll give a family so much joy in the relaxed environment of a cozy warm home,
wish wish wish
xxx
Rescue Remedies

It was great to see Barley again today! :)

I must admit that I would rather him be in his own home, and not at the kennels, but all the time he is with us I shall enjoy his company. He is such a great little boy. I love him. :love4:

We had a lovely walk in the afternoon sun. Barley is so well behaved and doesn't pull on the lead. A joy to walk.

Rescue Remedies

Lucky Barley had two walks today

After walking Arthur couldn't resist taking Barley out for a run around the paddock - he was his usual self when he greeted me tail about to drop off wagging so much.
We found a tennis ball so we had a game of chase the ball although someone forgot to tell Barley that he's meant to give me the ball back - not drop it ten feet away and then when I'm close enough to pick the ball up he decides to pick the ball and run off in the opposite direction, drop the ball and waits - same again he runs off with it - guess he decided I needed the exercise :D

I realized this was the first time I've been with Barley off lead - so I thought i'd see what his recall was like - he is so responsive when you call him - he was almost at the other end of the paddock I went down on my knees and called him back - he looked up and he came sprinting back to see what I wanted - after being rewarded with a treat he went off sniffing again,I waited until he was a distance from me and called him back again - again he came back straight away - very impressive :)

We then decided to do a walk down to the farm and back - he ignored the horses close by and even a squirrel - guess the ball game had worn him out
Rescue Remedies

We had the chance to walk Barley today - after a short road walk we headed back to the paddock for the little man to burn off some steam:

he was right at the end of the paddock when I noticed he'd spotted something that made him very interested:

thinking about it:

he's off:

After running around it was time for a treat:

And as always with Barley we finish the walk with a big cuddle

Rescue Remedies

I got the chance to walk Barley again yesterday.

First of all we went for a walk in the sun. Barley is really good on the lead and walks very nicely. A typical Terrier, he loves to have a good sniff.

We then went into the paddock where he had a run around, a play with the toys and cuddles. Barley just loves his cuddles and how can you possibly resist? :)

Rescue Remedies

I agree. The only thing that ruffles Barley is the expectation of a treat.....and even then he just about contains his excitement. Bless this little one.
Video: Barley would definitely like a treat

However even with my bag full of delicious treats, walking with a beautiful backdrop of bluebells was not going to be Barley's idea of fun when there was a whole verge of fabulous scents to explore.

As gorgeous as he is, he is still a terrier and they know best.
Video: Barley knows best
Rescue Remedies

I got to take out the gorgeous Barley yesterday.

Just love spending time with this boy.

He would so love a home of his own
Rescue Remedies

Had the pleasure of walking Barley on the charity walk today :)

Once in the car he made himself comfortable on Rachel's lap and was quite intrigued to see who we had in the back of the car - Once he recognised it was his old mate Dexter he settled down to watch the world go by.

Barley behaved like a perfect gentleman on the walk - he really enjoyed doing what terriers do - sniff every bush (in between having the odd treat - home made liver cake).

Walked side by side with Dexter and was very good in the company of several bigger dogs around him - an absolute star :)

On the way back he started off on Rachels lap but think Dexters snoring got on his nerves as he soon fell asleep in the footwell.

As Barley insisted on checking how how muddy it was when we got back to the kennels we gave him a quick shower which he enjoyed.
WaggyTails

Re: Barley Parson's JRT DOB 2007 Chessington Kenns

Post by WaggyTails »

Oh yay, I got to spend some time with Barley yesterday. He is scrummy. Really manageable little terrier....can bathe him, blow-dry, touch him all over, clip his nails, strip his coat, no problems. He now looks a few years younger, and will probably feel better in the heat too. I apologize for the terrible after photos, but he knew I had a treat for him, and hiding it made no difference, he wouldn't leave my side!
P1120006.JPG
P1120012.JPG
P1120018.JPG
P1120020.JPG
P1120023.JPG
P1120029.JPG
P1120030.JPG

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”