Sasha Rottie x Staffie DofB 16.01.12 Crowborough E Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
Elliesmum

Re: Sasha Rottie x Staffie DofB 16.01.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I made friends with the lovely Sasha today. She is nervous in her kennel but definitely friendly once outside. She relaxed and wagged her tail on our walk and she is one of those dogs that you are glad you made friends with. Kim walked Bailey with us and both dogs got on very well and walked happily side by side. Sasha is a very lovely lady and I feel very sorry for her that she has had to come to kennels, so I hope she gets a home very soon, she really is a nice girl.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Re: Sasha Rottie x Staffie DofB 16.01.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Sasha was in her bed when I went to take her for a walk yesterday. No hesitation when she saw me, she was out of bed and standing waiting by the door in a flash. She walks calmly past the other dogs and is a delight to walk with, no pulling, no trying to chase squirrels. She is intelligent, connected and responsive and a joy to spend time with.
DSCF9848.jpgsasha.jpg
LindaS

Re: Sasha Rottie x Staffie DofB 16.01.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS »

Linda at the kennels brought Sasha to me and we had a nice sensible introduction (kennels are obviously overwhelming for Sasha) we then went on a lovely long walk with Luna and Marge. Sasha's tail was nicely up and wagging 5 mins into the walk and we had a lovely time; she is a lovely girl, the big gaggle of geese at the lake were no distraction and she was happy to walk either in front or behind the other girls. Sasha is simply a lovely girl that has had her world turned upside down and wants to trust, some things are a bit overwhelming, but her personality is there and it shines through. I can't wait to walk her again. love4.gif love4.gif
Sasha.jpg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

I've walked Sasha a couple of times now and she really is a gem, she walks lovely along the calm RR chums, her 'sit and look and me is fautless' and she loves a nice good walk. Walking her one on one you feel like a little team. In every photo i've taken she looks serious, but that seems to be her giving you her attention and trying to preempt what you might say. Her eyes light up at 'good girl' ....Lovely girl love4.gif
Sasha1.JPG
Sasha2.JPG
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Sasha is walking out happily from kennels now and I thought now would be the time to take her on a little explore. On thursday we went over to Winkworth NT; she had brilliant manners in the car (siting in the crate whilst leads are taken off/on and only jumping in/out when asked), she meet my other half well (gentle slow introduction but with the bonus of chicken to tempt) and we had a lovely time walking around. Sasha was up for a good walk and she walked past all the families and small children easily with 'good girl' encouragement.
Listerning intently
Listerning intently
On seeing children and people she doesn't know, she is best with a bit of distance, but walks past confidently taking confidence from the human .... at other dogs she sees them, but with space again she walks past easily. The only time she barked was at two seperate small dogs, they were both black coloured and a tad bit bouncy and even then it was one assertive bark and she carried on walknig away. At the cafe we sat outside and even though is was busier than we expected, Sasha did very well... she sat close and leant in whilst watching all the comings and goings.
She is a lovely angel13.gif]
Sasha4.jpg
Sasha5.jpg
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

It is very clear this dear little girl has been loved, she is unbelievably affectionate and knows a lot of tricks. I can’t imagine she will be around long. She put her paws on my lap today and just wanted to be loved. If a little anxious on first meeting she very quickly makes friends and I am sure she will make a loyal and loving companion in a safe peaceful home. Fingers crossed you don’t have to wait long Sasha. angel13.gif] angel13.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

I was working from home on friday and Sasha joined me love4.gif Collecting her from Guildford she jumped straight into the dog crate, short drive over to the other side of Guildford and out she hopped. We went for a quick walk down the road to the small green and for her to get her bearings and then into the house. On entering she sat and allowed my to wipe her feat (lay on your back and give all, fours tummy tickles expected also). I then let her into the front room which had a dog bed, toys, food, drink etc and we had a little play. Play for Sasha is more commands eg ask her to stay and then hide the toy out of sight and 'go get it' ..... she is not really a throw the ball kind or girl. I then went up to the office to carry on working. She dutifully followed
Do you need help with this work stuff?
Do you need help with this work stuff?
She liked to have cuddles every so often and laid on the carpet for a bit, I then moved the dog bed up into the room and she laid down for some zzzzs
Sasha7.JPG
Break? Tummy tickles please?
Break? Tummy tickles please?
We then went for a nice hour walk; Sasha was fine going past the road works (rather noisey) and walked very well along the paths up to the common. When my other half came home we were already watching TV and we went through gentle intoductions and she then happily snuggled up with both of us. We had the last walk just before bed, she then settled in the dog bed and i slept on the sofa bed in the same room .... she stayed in her bed all night. Around 6am I woke up to a little face looking up at me. Quick visit outside and back in for cuddles (no hesitation from Sasha and she proceeded to sleep some more, but this time snuggled up alongside.
Sasha11.jpg
. Proper walk and then we drove down to West Whittering, the sea was out and she loved the space only one dog ran up close, she gave one bark and the owners called him back, it was lovely to see here tail up in excitment and taking in all the sights / smells.
Sasha9.jpg
Sasha10.jpg
Afterwards we went to the pub, we were prepared to sit outside in the (cold) pub garden, but the owner said we should come inside as the fire was on, Sasha sat under the table had chicken and we had our sandwiches. All very easy.

Sasha loves cuddles, will go to her bed when you are eating, only goes on the sofa when invited, house training is intact, travelled well in the car, didn't sneak into the bed whilst i was asleep, happy exploring new places, no toy was destroyed .... a sensitive soul and a right little smasher! Lovely couple of days angel13.gif]
Last edited by LindaS on Mon 14 Jan 2019 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

What a wonderful treat for Sasha, lovely write up, come on Sasha’s home :crossfingers.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
pits

Post by pits »

Here's Sasha earlier with volunteer Mel, look at how many tricks she can do! Almost seems like those highly trained collie type dogs. She's a great looking dog.

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Ooooh fingers and paws crossed :goodluck.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”