Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Stansted

Dogs that have found their forever home
Judy

Re: Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I took Nero out this afternoon and despite the muddy wet ground he enjoyed being out and about. Nero does love to take time sniffing all the new smells occasionally rolling around on his back, I did make sure he wasn't rolling in anything unpleasant as this may have affected us having a good cuddle when we returned from our walk? Nero is a very alert boy and likes to check out the undergrowth if he sees anything moving. Nero is a lovely boy, I do hope he will find his forever home very soon. Heart fill with love.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

Nero is a young, energetic dog who certainly needs and enjoys getting out and about. He is an affectionate boy when he knows you and seems to love getting approval. Yesterday's weather was fine and sunny and Nero had a lovely run in the paddock first before setting off for snuffles and sniffs in the woods. He will make someone a really lovely companion. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Nero enjoying the fresh grass yesterday on our walk...
P5044396.JPG
P5044398.JPG
P5044399.JPG
xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
MrsP

Re: Nero Patterdale DofB 01.09.16 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

My fave little man is back in Guildford and we had a lovely time together on Friday. Nero benefits from being encouraged to take his time and enjoy his surroundings. He is an absolutely lovely dog with lots of skills, just needs a little guidance when he gets excited, very easily done. Who wouldn't want to spend time with this face?
What 'cha got?
What 'cha got?
Loooooking, waaaaaaaaaaiiiit
Loooooking, waaaaaaaaaaiiiit
good boy
good boy
aaaaaaaaaand sit.
aaaaaaaaaand sit.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Nero is adorable! I took Nero out for our first walk together on Wednesday. He still has a very puppy like personality - full of wiggly bum excitement! We were accompanied by Cookie (Terrier RR) on his walk and Nero was so well behaved around Cookie's calm demeanor. We passed all dogs well - of course Nero was interested in saying hello to all of them. We stopped to looked at the cows, some of whom were lying in the shade next to the fence. So Nero decided he was going to plonk himself in the grass next to them as if he was part of their pack 0002.gif] . Back at kennels Nero showed me his fantastic 'sits' and 'paws' so I just had to give him a few (several) sausages, didn't I? Nero is a young boy full of enthusiastic energy and needing that right home to give him the input he needs. Gorgeous boy love4.gif
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180606_165834.jpg
Lovely Nero such a loving little boy.
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Nero is so puppy paterdale, he started by zig zag past the kennel residents telling all the others about his time he was going to have, then commando crawls on his belly on the grass round the bag. He is a very happy chappy and at the sight of the river wey, he literally dived in like a person from a diving board and for a small boy this took me by surprise .... but Nero was very happy swimming doggy paddle, I on the other hand was not sure how he was going to get out. It turned into a very undignified exit, me using the harness and his effort we got there (in the end). The river was busy and we only walked a short way to the island, passing countless dogs, a few exchanged barks (small dog, typical pattie he did start it). Then is was zip into the river again, this time from a dignified ground level. All the cows were in the shade under a tree and yes Nero wanted to say hi/ chattered. Back in the kennel he showed me the normal format ie I sit, look lovely, you give me some fuss and then I get treats (he was sure I had more in my rucksac and did check) 0002.gif]
Nero.jpg
Nero3.jpg
joner

Post by joner »

Just had this little fella for a few days foster an absolute doddle and a dream around the home, house trained and funny with it he had us fits of laughter on many occasions, the barmaids at the 4 horseshoes Chobham want to adopt him along with the Golf club staff. Somebody is missing a trick in not taking this fella on, what a brilliant little terrier, on walks he pulls a bit at first but steadies after a short distance and really enjoys the ponds and streams that we came across, he will make somebody a great family dog.
YasminAA

Post by YasminAA »

I have not walked Nero in a while, but walking him today was a reminder of how much fun he is and how desperately he needs to be in a home of his own. He was very excitable in the kennels, but once he was calmed down and understood we were going out, was happy to be harnessed. We went for a walk by the river and he did not hesitate to go for a paddle (taking me with him!). Some canal boats were going along and Nero stopped to watch them go bye and wag his tail. He has an interest in passing dogs, so he needs to be kept controlled around them at this time. He is otherwise very inquisitive and lots of fun; absolutely oodles of energy. We came back and went into the paddock where we played with several balls; this did not seem to tire him out very much!

Upon going back to kennels, he was easy to unharness. Sad to leave him there but hopefully someone reading this will be tempted to give this little boy a forever home.

Video of Nero playing ball.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”