Loki Akita DofB 02.11.16 Odiham Hampshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
FranB

Re: Loki Akita DofB 02.11.16 Guildford Kennels

Post by FranB »

Loki was full of beans today despite the heat and after his first paddle, tried to dash round in circles like a mad thing, but he soon calmed down and listened. I find the best thing with him when he gets bouncy is to just walk on and he soon focuses on his walk again. It was so hot I had a little paddle myself so he could go in a little deeper. He had a nice brush when we got home.
4B2520F4-CE5F-4E7C-96AD-520ACA298622.jpeg
6856A212-9177-47B3-9666-A924729B5C56.jpeg
8397B263-07CC-457B-A486-A22F4E0F2B61.jpeg
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

I immediately fell in love with Loki, his gorgeous brown eyes and bear-like coat, and was thrilled when I walked him to find that his character was just as attractive. He is very friendly, loves his treats and walks well on the lead with the odd energetic puppy-like bouncing around when something excites him, but as Fran says he stops quickly if you calmly walk on.

We met a black labrador on a lead last week and Loki was very well behaved, greeting him politely while I talked with his owners. Today, we walked past a group of people standing around, including some children, and he seemed curious as to why they were all there, but walked right by them without any reaction.

It breaks my heart that such a young dog has been in kennels since December. All I can think is that it's because he is a big dog (akin to the size of a german shepherd), because he really is so responsive and friendly (to RR walkers, passers by and dogs) that I think he would react well to training and the love of a family and be the perfect addition to his forever home.
YasminAA

Post by YasminAA »

I am puzzled as to how Loki is still in kennels. He is not only beautiful to look at (like a teddy bear), but his personality is just so playful. He is like a big puppy! I have only had the pleasure of taking him out once, but if he is still in kennels the next time I come to walk dogs, I would not hesitate to take him out. Despite appearing "large" due to his beautiful fur coat, he is not intimidating or overly difficult to handle. Playful, yes, but during my wander with him and play in the paddock, at no point was he beyond my control. He has the most adorable face and the video below shows him doing a playful little bouncy run. I so wish I could give him a home, but living in a flat with cats is not appropriate for him. I hope his family comes forward for him now as what a wonderful member of the family Loki will be! Two videos below:

FranB

Post by FranB »

Loki had a nice run today, he quite enjoys canicross. He got a bit excited at the start and did his whizzing around but he soon settled and was very responsive when I said no and he calmed down. He enjoyed several paddles and found a large stick in the river. On the way back we passed two on lead greyhounds, he wanted to play but I held on to him by his harness grip, he was strong but not at all aggressive and as soon as they went by, just carried on without a fuss.
72A12B1E-0CA6-4435-8E25-2E23D2253BD4.jpeg
0C2A3BA0-2EE2-41F0-9D7D-F6B5911B9C18.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Loki and I had another run yesterday morning before it got too warm, he was very good, calm and just ran alongside me. Having taken him out two days in a row and doing a bit of running with him, he was so calm and settled and he loved getting into the river to cool down along the way.
Jojo18

Re: Loki Akita DofB 02.11.16 Totton Southampton Foster

Post by Jojo18 »

Bev and Tony came to visit Loki today after his stunning photo jumped out at them. They brought along their two rescue dogs Harry and Libbie to meet the excited young boy and wow was he pleased to see them all !! We took the three dogs on an introduction walk, all dogs happily meeting, sniffing and walking alongside each other , followed by a long paddock play session where the dogs could relax around each other, play tennis balls, giving Bev and Tony a chance to watch the dogs interacting together.
Loki was playful, excited but knew when to give the dogs space . A happy yes all round and Loki was out that gate, in the car without a second glance.
Loki has a lovely foster family , dog companions and lovely country running and walking to look forward to.
Thankyou Bev and Tony x
Loki

Post by Loki »

Loki has been in foster care with us for 2 weeks now and is really coming out of his shell, he is very clean in the house and always asks when he wants to go out, he has a huge amount of energy and will need an active home where he can go for lots of long walks. His walking has improved massively, before he would pull and jump around now he walks along beside you and sniffs like a proper dog should. He loves a good game of tug of war even though he isn't any good at it and always loses. He is now settling well at night, at first he would take 10 - 15 minutes to settle but now lays down and goes straight to sleep. Loki is not cat friendly and has a high chase drive. You just instantly fall in love with this boy, he really deserve his for ever home.
EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

Great update thank you, sending you lots of love you beautiful boy Loki!! . Thanks for giving this super lad a chance to shine away from kennels ❤️

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”