Dexter (Hector) Staffie DofB 22.10.13 Clanfield Oxon

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Dexter (Hector) Staffie DofB 22.10.13 Clanfield Oxon

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Hector45.jpg
Hector's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hector is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Hector was in boarding kennels nr Guildford and then in foster with 2 other dogs and no children

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Hector's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Hector13.JPG
Hector11.JPG
Hector22.JPG
Hector1.JPG
Hector's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. We were asked to help Hector as he was very frightened in kennels
Sarahk

Re: Hector Staffie DofB ?2014 Chessington Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Hellooooo Hector :D
DSC02722 - Copy.JPG
DSC02718 - Copy.JPG
Sweet little fella who enjoyed his brief run around in my garden, now resting at Chessington, recovering from his neutering today thumbs.gif
DSC02706.JPG
very polite boy with his 'paw' :0)  but too cold to sit down properly and afterall he has only just been neutered so I really don't blame him!!!
very polite boy with his 'paw' :0) but too cold to sit down properly and afterall he has only just been neutered so I really don't blame him!!!
DSC02708.JPG
DSC02709.JPG
DSC02711.JPG
DSC02715.JPG
DSC02718.JPG
DSC02722.JPG
DSC02703.JPG
DSC02704.JPG
Good boy Hector love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

One more of this sweet boy :D
IMG_4711.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
John

Post by John »

Frankie was walking with Hector today accompanying me and Precious. I took a photo of the gorgeous couple!
Oops, its gone sideways
Oops, its gone sideways
frankie

Post by frankie »

Well I don't know about gorgeous couple John but Hector is a totally gorgeous lad . Lovely to walk not over pulley ,very friendly seems very young and has the handsomest face. We introduced him to bonny girl Precious( SR) and they liked each other and ambled along through the woods like old pals .This is a young dog totally trainable . Listens well does a nice sit and takes treats gently . He leans in to your legs for comfort and fuss . He is as John and I said at the beginning of this text GORGEOUS x
frankie

Post by frankie »

Hector is such a handsome friendly boy . Came out of kennels with a waggy tail so happy to be going for a walk .It was a lovely way to spend the morning walking in the woods with this gorgeous pup . He likes to have a good sniff at everything,often looks around to make sure you are there . He will stop when asked ,knows sit and takes treats gently. We met a friendly shih Tzu and his owner who let them say hello to each other ,Hector was fine and happy with this.
He is a darling and so lovable he will make someone very happy if they adopt him xxxxx
xxlynne

Re: Hector Staffie DofB ?2014 Billericay Essex

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Hector appeared this morning delighted to be going off 'somewhere'. Hector had a lovely walk with Mungo walked by Sabina. Hector then jumped into the backseat crate and we moved to a local park. Suddenly an enthusiastic family ...Dawn & Mark with Georgia and Amelie with the everso lovely Buffy came and immediately were meeting Hector in his crate and he welcomed meeting them and when I opened the door they saw his little trembling nerves; his shyness and they loved him more. A wonderful walk along with Buddie & Huey ended up with returning to the car and a treat session. (Hector in the foreground)

This will have to serve as a homing pictures as I forgot 'the formal'. Hector's family adore him and think he is just perfect for their 2 older dogs. Hector is going to have lots of fun and will be learning that a swimming pool is not for jumping in. His family are going to offer him training and companionship.

Thanks to Carolyn who asked us to help Hector, our vets and everyone who has help Hector to over come his nerves being n Rescue. Some of our Staffies are aware how vulnerable they and their predicament. Hector you can relax and trust now you have made it through.
pits

Re: Hector Staffie DofB 22.10.2013 Chessington Kenns

Post by pits »

I took Hector for a walk earlier. He is an extremely gentle, patient and easy dog to walk, if he walked a bit quickly he would also stop and wait for me to catch up. He was quiet and very well behaved, and enjoyed some attention from a few of us at the kennels when he was on the way to go walking. When other dog walkers passed with their dogs he didn't show a huge amount of interest and walked happily past. He was a pleasure to walk and all around is a great dog. Here's some photos I took during his walk:
His magazine cover model pose
His magazine cover model pose
1.jpg
2.jpg
Great looking dog
Great looking dog
5.jpg
He's not that big at all
He's not that big at all
Jojo18

Re: Hector Staffie DofB 22.10.2013 Chessington Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

On meeting Hector for the first time I was greeted by a stunning happy boy with a big wagging tail.He is a dream to walk , a leisurely pace by your side. No pulling and great by the busy road. He showed no interest when a dog walked by just wanted to be on his way . Gorgeous character x
jackierollinson

Re: Hector Staffie DofB 22.10.2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by jackierollinson »

Gentle Hector, what a lovely young chap he is love4.gif He's new to our Guildford kennels and I got the pleasure of taking him out exploring his new countryside surrounding today. He greeted me very enthusiastically telling me how excited he was to be going out on an adventure :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: He stood beautifully still while I harnessed him and walked with ease down the run past the other dogs. He loved walking by by side looking up and listening to instructions nicely, he's easy to walk doesn't pull and gives you lots of attention. He appears very wise for his young years, he enjoyed looking after me I felt, a real gentleman. My son joined us half way through our walk to take these lovely pictures which shows his lovely caring nature. He wasn't fazed by him approaching us, he got very excited at the prospect of someone else making a fuss of him.This young chap really does deserve his forever home soon. love4.gif

DSC_2246(1).jpg

DSC_2228(1).jpg

DSC_2215(1).jpg

DSC_2232(1).jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”