Shelby Tri-colour JRT DofB ?2013 Norbury London

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Sheldon Tri-colour JRT DofB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Sheldon joined Lynne in the dog mobile today and headed over to mine to meet up with Chloe and Fredds who both travelled up with John and also Marmite who came with his family to find a new foster brother/sis. They all got on just great and I was so pleased when Sheldon seemed to recognise where he was (he enjoyed an overnight foster with me on arrival) and gave me a lovely tail wag in recognition and then kisses when I scooped him up for a cuddle in close up love4.gif

Sheldon did so well with all the other woofers...
IMG_4536.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG
IMG_4552.JPG
IMG_4550.JPG
IMG_4551.JPG
IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4548.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG
IMG_4546.JPG
IMG_4545.JPG
IMG_4544.JPG
IMG_4537.JPG
Sheldon was particularly fond of little Chloe...
IMG_4524.JPG
IMG_4526.JPG
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4559.JPG
. So sweet love4.gif

And happy to make friends with Linz too...
IMG_4556.JPG
IMG_4557.JPG
IMG_4558.JPG
What a little superstar thumbs.gif
IMG_4555.JPG
I managed to squeeze in a few more cuddles before popping Sheldon in John's car to head off to foster in New Romney with John and Sylvie and the mob thumbs.gif
IMG_4560.JPG
IMG_4561.JPG
IMG_4562.JPG
Sheldon was still wary when the lead was popped on but no screeching, did submissively roll on his back and want tummy tickles but prepared to walk on the lead so much improved to when at the kennels :D

Have a fun time Sheldon, John and Sylvie will keep you safe and show you love little one love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
HannahLewis

Re: Sheldon Tri-colour JRT DofB ?2013 New Romney Foster

Post by HannahLewis »

Such lovely photos. What a happy dog he is, thanks to all your time and effort. :D
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Sheldon arrived here in New Romney yesterday afternoon and immediately took a shine to Sylvie....jumping on her lap, giving her face washes and generally enjoying himself. Very nervous of me, rolling onto his back in submission and barking and whining whenever I made any attempt to approach him. Syvlie hand fed him and he "performed" in the garden after his meal. Totally clean over night and again "performed" in the garden after his breakfast. At this very moment he is out for his first walk with Sylvie with his little tail held high.

Yesterday, at SarahK's, he and Fredds played very nicely, and they will have the opportunity to do so again later today in the garden here.

He has bonded well with Sylvie already....I hope he'll learn that I am not a threat to him very soon.

He's a lovely colour, as you can see from SarahK's photos, and his coat is one which has wisps of long hair over the usual short coat of a JRT
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Sheldon has just returned from his walk....he met a German Shepherd with no problem, but a car was a different matter!!!! He enjoyed being out, tail held high and wagging whenever he turned to look at Sylvie for reassurance, and had a good smell in the leaves at the side of the lane. Naturally, he's not used to a lead yet, and is "all over the place", but already you can see that he'll be a super boy in a very short space of time.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Sheldon is quite definitely a womaniser!!!! Two of our lady walkers, Steph and Sue, have been in to meet him this morning....face washes, climbing up their legs, waggy tails....what more can you ask for on their first meeting???? But I'm still a "no no". I'm really pleased he has people with whom he can relate.
HannahLewis

Post by HannahLewis »

Sheldon was not keen on men whilst at our kennels too. I think the person who neglected him was a man so perhaps that is why. I wouldn't take it personally John ☺I hope he will come around.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

We find once a dog comes into our care and meets lots of lovely people /men they lose their past associations so I wouldn't place a label on him too firmly. Remember Sheldon had a life before his previous home and hopefully would have had positive encounters there of. He met Juan well yesterday but was a little overawed by Marmite's excitement

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

SheldonFreddsChleo01.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo02.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo03.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo04.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo05.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo08.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

0093.gif What a wonderful time they all had in Sarah's garden. Absolutely wonderful to see. I am so pleased that Sheldon has gone into foster with John and Sylvie :thanks.gif: This will do him the world of good and far better for him than the stress of the kennels. I am really looking forward to seeing Sheldon progressing well xx
HannahLewis

Post by HannahLewis »

xxlynne wrote:We find once a dog comes into our care and meets lots of lovely people /men they lose their past associations so I wouldn't place a label on him too firmly. Remember Sheldon had a life before his previous home and hopefully would have had positive encounters there of. He met Juan well yesterday but was a little overawed by Marmite's excitement

I absolutely agree that dogs are very resilient and can overcome past associations given time. Its facilities like yourselves that allow dogs to have positive experiences with a whole range of different people.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”