Fredds JRT DofB 13.6.13 East Grinstead

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Fredds JRT DofB 13.6.13 New Romney Temp Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Such a pleasure to meet Fredds yesterday Fredds can be a little nippy on first meetings with intrusive even well meaning peeps, unless he calls the tune, then he is gentlemenliness itself. He weighs you up and then you see him relax and he will lick your hand and shows acceptance.

Such a little character who demonstrated good dog skills and his cheekie side. On his first play with Sheldon, who has been in isolation for several years. Fredds allowed Sheldon the thaw and enjoy, even though Sheldon demonstrated a few nerves by showing his teeth. In truth when I called Fredds over, Sheldon was hot on his heels to join his mate. This however wasn't demonstrated on the video which was a rerun...but by then Fredds was very trusting of Sheldon, and very happy to enjoy Sheldon's company. So lovely to know they are both in foster together

SheldonFreddsChleo14.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo15.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo04.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo06.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo02.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo01.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo03.jpg
SheldonFreddsChleo05.jpg
Christinetully

Re: Fredds JRT DofB 13.6.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Christinetully »

This is the life! Such a happy explorer!
This is the life! Such a happy explorer!
Fredds .... 2.00pm and this worried little chap still hadn't emerged from under his duvet ...breakfast / lunch uneaten. Well, I was feeling very silly talking to a duvet for 10 minutes - 5 from outside the kennel and 5 squatting inside by the door. ... when suddenly a little nose poked out and sniffed the air. 5 minutes later an eye was showing too! Very soon there was a wriggle and Fredds launched himself bravely out from the safety of his bed to check me out. He was clearly interested and too scared at first to take sausage from my hand but he quickly got over that. His lead had been chewed off ... so only about about 2 foot long. With chicken keeping Fredds mouth occupied I quietly got hold of the lead and connected mine. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat as Fredds and I took off to the outside world! An hour later ....masses of treats .. loads of sniffing ... several very carefully managed ear rubs and we are really friends! He gave a man who was standing smoking a very 'old fashioned  look' which was very funny ( I told him it was rude to stare!) He didn't flinch when we were passed by two large lorries - he was happy to be held close to me on the verge. Fredds walked nicely beside me along the roads,  he even managed to sit beside me when crossing a side road. Fredds happily chased after a ball - he can really accelerate (!)  and he  looked very pleased with himself as he trotted along  carrying it ... he dropped it near me and waited for me to throw it again. Home in his kennel, he leaped back into bed and took more treats.
I love chasing a ball ... happy to give it back so you can throw it again!
I love chasing a ball ... happy to give it back so you can throw it again!
Then I hand fed him his whole bowlful of food - he was a waggly boy when I left. I can't wait to see him again love4.gif smiley-sad010.gif  
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Fredds braved the world beyond his duvet again today :D
Fredds (452x640).jpg
Out in the sunshine with Pip and Anna thumbs.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Fredds enjoyed another walk today, with me this time, walking with Charlie and Barley :D
IMG_5241.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_5244.JPG
Can we wait for my chum Barls please thumbs.gif
Come on Barley, this way !!! I'll wait for you x
Come on Barley, this way !!! I'll wait for you x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

I met little Fredds today. He was nestled in his duvet when I found him and didn't seem to want to wake up! But once the lead was on he was
raring to go :dog_running-186.gif:
First stop was a photo shoot with Tim and Rachel and then we went for a great walk. Terriers are not usually my favourites but Fredds is such a
cutie he won me over big time love4.gif love4.gif A little wary of new people but we were best friends in no time and I managed to sneak in quite a few strokes and cuddles before saying goodbye.
IMG_1010.JPG
Tim

Post by Tim »

Rachel and I met friendly Fredds this morning, he's definitely a ladies man and wasn't to keen on me at first, but it wasn't me...it was the camera !

As soon as I put down the camera down his whole demeanor changed and he'd even take a treat off me - happy days :)

Seeing he's only just met Ros he kept looking for her
DSC02961.jpg
DSC02963.jpg
Fredds then met Rachel for a treat
DSC02977.jpg
Fredds party trick to get another treat
DSC02979.jpg
A few more of Fredds
DSC02966.jpg
DSC02969.jpg
DSC02971.jpg
DSC02983.jpg
DSC02964.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

WOW! What a development from last week! Fredds leaped out of his bed and rushed over to greet me as soon as he heard my voice yesterday :goodjob.gif: We had a super walk ... Fredds has a great nose and had fun finding chunks of ham which I hid on a tree trunk above ground level! Hunt the ham is a good game! He ran beside me for quite a distance and was relaxed enough to enjoy some careful ear scratches and head pats.

Fredds happy, 'Aren't I cute, what's next?' look.
Fredds happy, 'Aren't I cute, what's next?' look.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

As I peered into Fredds kennel there was no sign of him. I called out to him and he came running out of his little den that the kennel girls has made for him. Fredds was happy to have some sausages and then as soon as he saw the lead began jumping up and down excitedly.

We had a great walk today and I found Fredds to be such fun. He is a typical terrier boy, nose to the ground and busy investigating all the exciting smells. Fredds has no issues with passing traffic and walks very well on a short lead. His favourite part of the walk was when we turned off from the main road and we were on our way to the woods. I put him on a longer lead which gave him more freedom to do as he pleased. An absolute joy to walk. Smashing boy love4.gif xx
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Had a brilliant walk with Fredds who LOVES water - he waited and watched me intently when I tripped climbing up the bank from the stream, bless him. He understands 'Ouch ..' and 'Gently!' when he's keen for some treats.. he can be delicate ... and VERY cute when he sits up on his back legs.
Fredds is a great little climber too .. if maybe a little heavy for jumping too energetically over logs! This little man is such a great companion - his eyes definitely are the 'windows of his soul'!
Look at me ... climbing on the tree!!
Look at me ... climbing on the tree!!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Fredds loves his little den in his kennel, but I called his name as I approached his kennel and out he came in an instant, how this boy loves his walks :smiley-chores002.gif:
IMG_5435.JPG
Fredds is the cool dude :cool.gif: , little Barni joined him on our walk, now Barni can have quite a bit to say to other dogs but Fredds just carried on enjoying our walk with no reaction whatsoever ! Good boy Fredds and little Barni did settle, here they are being terriers !
IMG_5436.JPG
IMG_5438.JPG
IMG_5439.JPG
Some quiet time at the end of our walk and little Fredds did his 2 paws for me, sweetie-pie love4.gif
IMG_5440.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”