Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB 28.02.15 Woking

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB 28.02.15 Woking

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Peaches4.jpg
Peaches is our Terrier of the month for May 18
Peaches' Story : Pampered pooch and then a baby came along and family passed her into Rescue. Peaches isn't so good with dogs and so has found it hard to find Rescue place or family: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Peaches is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Peaches was in boarding kennels nr Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for
Peaches' thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Peaches2.jpg
Peaches3.jpg
Peaches3.jpg
Peaches' progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 21.02.18: Hi Lynne
Hope you are well Sorry as always to come to you I know you are busy, but you are the Queen of terriers.
I have tried not to bother you but I’ve had this girl 4 months in EB trying to place and no joy.
She’s a proper terrier, picky with dogs and very busy, fun loving, sweet and affectionate. But terrier! She has redirected when kicking off with another dog and nipped a leg (no skin break) with kennel staff but I get along with her great.
She was spoilt badly in her last home and then they had a baby so put her to rescue
She is NEUTERED, CHIPPED, VACCINATED. Is there any chance you can help? Nx
Peaches.jpg
Peaches1.jpg
anne

Re: Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB TBss Coming 19/20 March

Post by anne »

Peaches is a very sweet, easy going little girl. xx
DSCF2407.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2408.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2409.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2415.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2418.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2421.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2423.jpgpeaches.jpg
anne

Re: Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB TBss Coming 19/20 March

Post by anne »

DSCF2427.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2431.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2433.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2434.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2437.jpgpeaches.jpg
DSCF2439.jpgpeaches.jpg
RosC

Re: Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB 28.02.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

Peaches came out for the afternoon today. She travelled well in the car inside a crate to keep her safe and secure. Once home we introduced her to Bertha in the garden. That went well so we set off on a lovely walk around the lakes and the golf course. Peaches was very well behaved and had a good run around on the extending lead, thoroughly enjoying herself. She barked at 2 dogs that we passed but others who were taking no notice of her she passed very well.
image (2).jpeg
IMG_8849.PNG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2269.JPG
After a walk we visited the pub where she had a couple of biscuits and a drink.
image.jpeg
IMG_2285.JPG
We then headed home for an hour or so where she had a game with a ball and had a little snooze.
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2305.JPG
All in all a lovely afternoon thumbs.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked Peaches for the first time today and was completely smitten by her. She is such an easy little dog to walk and so very friendly and biddable. She walks to heel and constantly looks up for praise and encouragement. Absolutely gorgeous - I am surprised she is still with us. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

walked peaches on sunday she stayed very close and as soon as we hit some grass she was on her back doing rolls and getting tummy rubs a bit of an all round star
Janice3107

Re: Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB 28.02.15 Guildford

Post by Janice3107 »

I took Peaches out for the first time today at Guildford, and what can I say about this gorgeous girl that hasn't been said before?! Not much. She is a dream to walk, no pulling, just happily sniffing at any interesting smells along the way. She does look back for encouragement and reassurance, but also takes treats beautifully, and responds really well to commands. She's a really lovely dog, and would make a great companion.
MrsP

Re: Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB 28.02.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Peaches had a few days foster this week, she's very miserable now she's back in kennels. She really is a wonderful little family dog, yes she's occasionally nutty when on a walk but she is muzzle trained now and only teeny so entirely easy peasey. If you adopted her you could just choose to walk her somewhere quiet and then she won't get a worry on at all and wouldn't need the muzzle.
A successful few days with the Jones family on walks and at home, I will miss being dived on in the mornings and given a wash by this funny little girl. She really enjoyed her walks around various golf courses and Chobham common although there were a few fun meetings with other dogs but a future owner with experience of terriers would be able to help her with this with a bit of love, affection and ofcourse terrier training and suitable association with other dogs, she will be a great dog for a family.
Enjoying a little doubled duvet time
Peaches1.jpg
Paw
Peaches2.jpg
Cuddles please
Peaches3.jpg
Garden rollies
Peaches4.jpg
Sitting pretty
Peaches5.jpg
Tim discovered Peaches love of the hose! READY, STEADY...
Peaches6.jpg
.....GO!
Peaches7.jpg
AGAIN, AGAIN!
Peaches8.jpg
HURRY UP PEOPLE SHE IS AN UTTER SWEETHEART!
Rob692

Post by Rob692 »

Took Lady Peaches on a lovely walk in the sunshine along the canal yesterday. She is an absolute pleasure to walk and enjoyed saying hello to passers by and particularly loved watching the boats cruise by. Wary of some dogs, but not all, I wouldn’t imagine it taking her to long to settle down if she had a new owner and was back in a family environment which she so deserves.

A5F38C5F-6C69-4EF0-A8FC-DC3BEB7E8A36.jpeg

07A0C6E8-F51E-46A7-8458-664DE2488D9B.jpeg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

I agree with Laura, all peaches needs is walks in quiet areas away from sound of trains . Low traffic and low dog density perhaps . She’s adorable and I could feel how low she was today in her kennel. She’s such an easy dog to be with. Really enjoyed our walk today . Come on peaches home xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”