Oscar (Zeus) Patterdale DofB 23.06.17 Cheltenham Glos.

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Oscar (Zeus) Patterdale DofB 23.06.17 Cheltenham Glos.

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
zeus1DSC08282.JPG
Oscar' Story: Zeus has passed through several homes. He started off in Stevenage, then homed to Watford, then Harlow, and finally Shoreditch! Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Oscar was a little mixed up when he arrived, but he settled in our Rescue's 'terrier people' hands, and settled ready for his rightful forever home. Oscar is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Oscar was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
zeus2DSC08283.JPG
zeus3DSC08256.JPG
zeus1DSC07843.JPG
Oscar' progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
01.02.19 We were contacted by Oscar' latest owners for urgent help, as he wasn't adjusting to London living or daycare, and needs a terrier-experienced family to read his behaviour.
Zeus.jpg
Zeus1.jpg
heleny

Oscar (Zeus) Patterdale DofB 23.06.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Oscar and I had chats through his pen door. He was quite nervous but I managed to tempt him near me with some bits of sausage. I'm looking forward to walking him next week - a dinky, little bright eyed boy - it will be great to get him settled and then into the right home. Lovely little boy! :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Oscar love4.gif xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

It was tricky to photograph our patterdale boy Zeus as it was getting dark when he enjoyed his walkies today - but here he is ...
DSC07843 - Copy.JPG
DSC07861.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Goodgirl17

Post by Goodgirl17 »

I had the pleasure of meeting this little one today. He was vocal when I passed with another dog earlier in the day but when we walked he knew where he wanted to go and he definitely knew he wanted a treat! He has found a friend in Paige who introduced me to him to make sure he settled with me but he did and my heart jumped. He is dinky but a typical terrier sniffing everything but as far as I can see he will make a great addition to the family, there has to be one for him!
angel13.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

I had befriended Oscar on previous visits to the kennels - easy to do with pieces of sausages - but today it was my day to walk him. He is a dear little dinky character who enjoys his walks and keeps up a fast pace. Today he wanted to eat quite a lot of grass and so our walk was punctuated with 'salad' stops. Once back in his pen he snaffled down his treats and I left him surveying the kennels from his pen. He is a massive character in a little body - so sweet! :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Re: Zeus Patterdale DofB 23.06.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Zeus and I went for a fast walk round the woods punctuated with stops for sniffs and grass eating. He is a big dog in a little body and is very, very endearing. He has quite a big bark for such a dinky dog - lovely little boy who needs an experienced terrier person to take him home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Re: Zeus Patterdale DofB 23.06.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Zeus now sees me in the distance and keeps up his barking until I go over to give him a treat or two. Today we went for a fast walk through the woodlands - it was very windy but Zeus remained quite calm. He enjoyed all the sniffs the woods offered and then quite a few treats once back in his pen. No wonder this little fella is confused when you see how segmented his life has been. He needs someone to understand and love him and make him feel the special little dog that he is. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Oscar walked with Zippy today :D
E2082DE6-B7F9-478E-A51E-F39A22D26795.jpeg
They both did really well thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
heleny

Post by heleny »

I am getting so fond of this little man. He sees me at a distance and always expects a treat or two the moment I draw up in my car. Today we had our usual walk through the muddy woods but Oscar didn't complain. He loves having his head scratched and really enjoys a cuddle. This little boy has been let down by humans and it is time he found someone he could trust to look after him properly and to give him time and space to settle. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”