Brenda Patterdale DofB ?2013 Lightwater

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Brenda Patterdale DofB ?2013 Lightwater

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0213.jpgbrenda.jpg
Brenda's Story: Brenda was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a West Country council pound with her partner Jude. Rescue Remedies offered both Rescue places, saving their lives. Brenda is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Brenda was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9963.jpgbrendajude.jpg
DSCF9975.jpgbrenda jude.jpg
DSCF9970.jpgbrenda.jpg
Brenda's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
29.11.18: Hello Lynne,
Hope all is well with you! We have two little Terriers in at the minute who will be needing homes soon and wondered if you have the means to help.
Brenda found with Jude
Elderly female Terrier
Chocolate brown, scruffy coat
Quite shy but appears to be a bit of a pocket rocket! She likes to have bark-offs with dogs in neighbouring kennels.
Jude found with Brenda
Elderly entire male Jack Russell
Very timid and shy, don’t think the noisy kennel environment is helping  In the right environment we reckon he’ll really come out of his shell.
They were both found rural west country and have scars over their faces. Brenda is missing part of her ears – we’re thinking they were maybe used for Badger baiting 
Both flea ridden when found so have been bathed, wormed and flea treated. They will be ready to go on Monday 3rd December. Photos attached for you. Dog Warden Jordan
Both come into Guildford Tuesday the 4th December
Brenda & Jude
Brenda & Jude
Jude
Jude
Brenda
Brenda
xxlynne

Re: Brenda Patterdale DofB ?2010 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Brenda and Jude are settling well with us. They both came over to Gatwick and were neutered. No other health issues and both were 4-5 kilos so you can see how small they are. They are both shy and have come into the house into one of my rooms to be in the warm. Letting the walk through into the garden area is fun as Jude's nerves are such I end up hiding behind cupboards and doors to allow him to get the confidence to run through. Brenda is bolder and comes up to say hello. Gradually they are both becoming more confident and getting the hang of their days routine. They are as quiet as mouses in their room. Eating well but prefer moist food.
heleny

Re: Brenda Patterdale DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Brenda spent some time with Jude and Beth walker in the hut today. She is a tiny little thing who preferred to be carried rather than walk to the hut. Her mangled ears and scruffy fur do indeed bear testament to an unkind past but this little dog is a survivor and will make someone a lovely little companion. angel13.gif]
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

I'm in love! I met this little girl yesterday for the first time. She and Jude were very scared but they allowed me to scoop them up and wander off to the Poet's Hut. Little Brenda sat on my lap shaking but after a very gentle head massage, I stroked her all over while singing Christmas carols and lullabies to her. She seemed to be looking searchingly into my eyes as I sang softly. To my amazement, after 25 minutes, she suddenly jumped off my lap, play bounced at me and waggled her tail and her whole body joyfully! She then bounced back up and snuggled beside me as I put Jude on my lap.... There's something very special about this little dog! angel13.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Brenda was feeling quite brave yesterday - she trotted quite happily down the lane but came running back to Taryn (new walker), when she felt a bit scared. She gave staffie tomas a good barking at but came running back to Taryn’s feet when he looked at her. She’s a funny little thing - so wants to go out and explore the world but is just a little unsure at the moment. Despite her vile past she has a lovely temperament and shows no edge what so ever. I’m sorry I didn’t take any pictures but Brenda and Jude were being so brave I didn’t want to start pointing my phone at them. Xx
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

What a little pocket princess, such a lovely warm rich coloured coat. RR Albert sends you a gentle woof hello and his Border Terrier friend Skye says she likes a little bark too!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Despite her appalling past, Brenda is the most sweetest of little girls. Although still very nervous she has made good progress since arriving with us and is starting to show more confidence. Her little tail wagging, she was quite happy to go for a walk and to go to the paddock. Brenda found a ball and was happily playing with it running around which was just lovely to witness. It was a step too far for me to gently throw a ball for her so I left her to play on her own. Brenda is happy to have a fuss and loves to take sausages. I really hope that someone comes forward to offer Brenda a forever home soon where she will be loved and cherished which she so deserves. Love her love4.gif xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

What a little darling! Her pen mate Jude and I went out with Brenda and new walker, Freya, to the paddock. Brenda is so sweet and endearing and has just come out of her shell so much. She loved running round the paddock on the end of a long lead but kept her eye open for treats. Claire had bathed them this morning and they did indeed look cutely fluffy. We managed to keep her and Jude out of the mud. After a while we took them back - Jude still lacks confidence and wanted to go to a place where he felt really secure. Lovely pair! angel13.gif] blob6.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

Be happy in your new home little Brenda. Keep on looking after Jude. It has been a pleasure to get to know you over the past few weeks - you have survived a horrible past and now can look forward to a lovely future. :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
xxlynne

Re: Brenda Patterdale DofB ?2013 Lightwater

Post by xxlynne »

Brenda and Jude have come on so far with our Rescue and with our wonderful volunteers...but now they are in the loving care of Lucy & Patrick and their sons Tom and Josh they will come on leaps and bounds. It was particularly wonderful to witness a very special relationship developing between Patrick and Jude and the joy Brenda showed with the warm welcoming initial advances with Lucy. Tom and Josh were great and very mature...Perfect homing sing it from the hill tops woo.gif]
BrendaJudehomed.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”