Porrit (Porridge) JRT DofB 2013 Herefordshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Porrit (Porridge) JRT DofB 2013 Herefordshire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Porridge2.JPG
Porridge's Story : Owned by his family since a puppy. He has always been a bit wary of visitors and children playing etc. New baby has made him more concerned and he really wants a quieter life: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Porridge is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Porridge came into our Rescue on the 26.04.18/ Porridge was in boarding kennels nr Guildford but now in foster with 3 other dogs awaiting his new family.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Porridge's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Porridge4.jpg
Porridge6.jpg
Porridge's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 23.04.18: urgent call asking if there was anyway Terrierrescue could help Porridge as he really wasn't coping with the new baby.
Porridge1.jpg
Porridge.jpg
Porridge comes on Thursday 26th April.
Chapmania

Re: Porridge JRT DofB 2013 Eassex OwnHome comes 26th

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Porridge love4.gif xx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

He sounds just like our sid ...just very sensitive. ... love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

He is a sensitive soul bless him but very loving once he trusts love4.gif
Porridge stayed with me last night to ease him into kennel life away from the family he's known - nervous to start with and a deep growl but after a walk together he seemed to realise I was no threat to him - inside and after a while he was inquisitive to say hello and then I couldn't stop him, on my lap, kisses and loves to be close, very sweet boy - but yes, sensitive bless love4.gif
P4274343.JPG
P4274339.JPG
P4274340.JPG
P4274348.JPG
P4274349.JPG
P4274350.JPG
I took him over to the vets this morning - popped a little muzzle on just in case but he was very good for Mark our vet and was soon drifting off to the land of nod ahead of his neutering today. Back at the kennels his nerves surfaced again but quelled on a walk down the lane - walking with Gemma (kennel girl), myself and Daniella - we let Porridge do his own thing, ignoring him completely as we all walked together and his tail came up as he cheered up. Back in the kennel he remembered who I was and nuzzled up close for a stroke and fuss. I left him with Gemma and next thing I know she's showing me pics on her phone of Porridge sat on her knee :D

Good boy Porridge, nothing to fear, we'll look after you boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

And a few more pics :D
05E2EC25-9D38-4959-A949-EAC6F078AA91.jpeg
4C205784-9629-4A37-A302-D3AF3A6F2EB1.jpeg
0059FB6C-BEF1-4CB4-A808-6D1CA20A7244.jpeg
7C37695E-2741-40C2-AE28-BDE1632C03AB.jpeg
84E10EFF-81E0-456E-A807-4379F66EF750.jpeg
31F6A6FB-F8A9-4910-9812-4BECF942CEE2.jpeg
1E12AE9F-104F-4EBA-B764-7C8FC040B5EF.jpeg
917F9CF3-04D5-4D32-B765-9B644FBD8ED9.jpeg
8A0A3449-7B4E-464C-AF49-BDC1950033FF.jpeg
Sweetheart love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Bless his heart love4.gif
xxlynne

Re: Porridge JRT DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Porridge is a little nervous of meeting new people. Coupled with having just awoken from GenAn he was quite defensive on meeting me with my intent to try and get a lead on him. He was in a upper vet recovery crate so I began to build a relationship with him, Buddy was giving me what for and our vet came to investigate his woe. He asked is everything OK? I said Buddy and I are just becoming friends in 45 mins we will be friends dont worry. In fact it took about 30 mins with me ending up lassoing him with a slip lead which worked on about the 10th attempt. I then positioned a cat crate with vet bedding on top so I could lift him swiftly down the step and then he jumped to the ground. We were friends.

Everyone has been giving him space but one by one we are focusing and overcoming his nerves and then the cuddles begin. Jemma has formed a great relationship. Enter Collette today and she disappeared into Porridge's kennel...chatter chatter going on and then suddenly she appeared with Porridge tucked under her arm...another buddy for Porridge. Lets hope at this rate Porridge wont be "doing Porridge" for too long!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I was walking Hooch yesterday and passed Collette walking with Porridge. He is an strikingly handsome JRT. Porridge and Hooch had a 'look hello' at each other, no reaction from either and then both went on with their walks! Porridge is lovely boy and no doubt come out of his shell more and more as he makes new friends. love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Today was my first encounter with this JRT and great care was taken in ensuring he was met in the correct way.
He has had some skin issues which are healing well and should soon have full hair again.
Porridge is a dog who will recover from his past and become the best dog some lucky human will ever have.
This is a dog who is ready to become all he can be. A chance to have a dog like him in you life right now, should not be passed by.
Porridge will make a excellent pet given a small amount of training. He is receptive to new commands as he is healing and forgetting his past.
Porridge is also a very handsome dog, with a great personality and a wish to start again.
20180429_122126.jpg
20180429_122201.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

0093.gif I don't think dogs get much cuter than Porridge! I met him yesterday for the first time. I went into his pen and initially he backed away but I got down to his level and we had a quiet chat and, all of a sudden, we were best friends. He so enjoyed getting out into the woods in the sunshine and would have continued for longer but I still had fellow JRTs Jake and Buddy to walk and it was the end of a long day's walking. He really will make someone a wonderful little companion - let's hope his special human comes along very soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”