Murphy Patterdale DofB 24.06.15 On Route Mid Calder Scotland

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Murphy Patterdale DofB 24.06.15 On Route Mid Calder Scotland

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Murphy5.jpg
Murphy's Story : Murphy was rescued in March 17 by a family who worked full time, with the mother looking after during the day. However Murphy, being a Patterdale, soon became too much for her and then a neighbour provided lunchtime walks but then gained a fulltime job. Day care & dog walkers would not accept him... being a Patterdale: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Murphy is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Murphy came into our Rescue on the 9th Dec 17. He was in boarding kennels nr Broxbourne.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.
Murphy6.jpg
Murphy7.jpg
Murphy1.jpg
Murphy4.jpg
Murphy2.jpg
Please click for Murphy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.

Murphy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. "We originally had my mother in law to care for Murphy whilst we were working. I work shifts, and my husband works away from home. Murphy was too full of energy for her. Our neighbour started to care for him, walking him whilst I was at work. She has now obtained a full time position and is no longer able to walk him for us. He is unable to attend dog day care and local dog walkers need him to be able to be walked on or off lead and in a pack, which Murphy is unable to do. Murphy's family tried but they just could not find the supports to enable them to offer him the life style he needed as a young dog.
Chapmania

Murphy Patterdale DofB 24/06/2015 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Murphy love4.gif xx
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

murphy3.jpg
murphy2.jpg
murphy1.jpg
Pleased to see a small terrier at Broxbourne!!
Murphy is gorgeous - he was very easy to walk and didn't react to any dogs we met. He sits beautifully for a treat. The only thing he got excited at was the remains of a snowman!
Kathys

Re: Murphy Patterdale DofB 24/06/2015 Stevenage Xmas foster

Post by Kathys »

11.jpg
10.jpg
8.jpg
7.JPG
4.JPG
3.jpg
I've had the pleasure of Murphy's company since Christmas Eve. Sadly he has to go back to kennels this afternoon.
He's had a big upheaval recently, travelling to Hertfordshire from Scotland earlier in December, so not surprisingly he was occasionally anxious and was a bit apprehensive when having his harness put on.
He spent Christmas Eve until Boxing Day at my parents house and then the last couple of days at my flat. He was left for a couple of hours on Christmas Day while we went out for lunch and was quiet and settled when we returned.
He is 100% housetrained and bounces up and down at the door if he needs to go out.
He likes: Food, treats, sleeping, sunbathing, visiting friends, looking out of the window, walking when it's not raining or snowing!
He dislikes: Being fussed, his feet being dried, walking through mud and puddles, cats, squirrels, birds, men with beards.
He ignores dogs on leads that give him space. He did growl at 4 off-lead retrievers that surrounded him. He will bark back at any dog that barks at him.
He loves to travel in the car. I had him in a crate on the back seat - he did whine occasionally.
He is quite strong on the lead when he wants to be - at other times he hangs back and has to be encouraged to walk with you.
He plays with a toy or ball for a while but loses interest quite quickly.
Hopefully he won't have to wait long for a home of his own.
2.jpg
Mummybear

Post by Mummybear »

Murphy looks and sounds like a lovely boy. Sadly we lost our much loved Fred (patterdale Terrier) in November and we are struggling with the loss of this very special friend. Murphy sounds perfect for us but not sure that we are ready yet x
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

20180107_124008.jpg
Murphy pictured during our walk on Saturday - he does love to sit on the benches!
He was very well behaved - ignoring all the dogs that passed us.
He's not keen on getting wet and muddy so we detoured around the puddles.
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

20180114_102802.jpg
20180114_104907.jpg
20180114_104550.jpg
20180114_104541.jpg
20180114_102725.jpg
Murphy was so keen to go out yesterday morning that he chatted to me all the way along the track from the kennels!
He was very well behaved the whole time we were out. The Lee Valley Park and tow path was busy with cyclists, joggers and dog walkers - he ignored them all. When approached by 2 off-lead Weimaraners he tucked his tail and hurried past – he certainly wasn’t aggressive towards them.
He enjoyed a good sniff and paused for his usual sit on a bench. He did leap onto a picnic table too (he had his sausages later!)
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

20180120_144930.jpg
20180120_144759.jpg
Some more photos of handsome Murphy - we got rather wet at the weekend but he didn't seem to mind. We kept to the tarmac paths to avoid the mud and didn't stop long for a photo shoot!!
Vivienne

Post by Vivienne »

I have a real liking for this little chap. :nicethread.gif:
Kathys

Post by Kathys »

I was able to walk Murphy both days at the weekend - he was very well behaved and enjoyed being out - especially on Sunday in the sunshine. He had a friendly little chat with an off-lead staffie puppy and didn't react to the other two off-lead dogs that came close. He loves his treats (he's not a fussy eater) and usually sits well for them. At one point he thought he was having to wait too long so decided to help himself!
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”