Polly Patterdale DofB 2009 Weymouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Polly Patterdale DofB 2009 Weymouth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
PollyPatt.jpg
Polly's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Polly is now neutered; she had a dental, was chipped and fully vaccinated. Polly came to us 30th May 17. Polly is currently in the new Foster fostered with 2 other terriers.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Polly's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
PollyPatt07.jpg
PollyPatt94.jpg
Polly's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 23.05.17: Hi Lynne, Lovely to speak to you earlier and thank you so much for taking this girl. Here are some pics of the little angel. 8 years old approx. She needs a dental, lump on face where scar has formed from self healing. Head and face full of scars from query badger baiting. She so wants to trust but she is literally scared rigid and daren't move - she just wants a kind hand and some cuddling. When she sees other dogs she freezes. ?Has she been used as bait for those dogs. We dont know. She has been in a dark place- she needs someone kind to conquer those fears and show her the first bit of kindness in her life. Thank you so much Lynne.
Polly2.jpg
Polly3.jpg
Polly1.jpg
NB: Got a couple of others i need to forward if you don't mind who are fairly urgent. xxCy xx
Elliesmum

Re: Polly Patterdale DofB 2009 Leics Pound comes end of week

Post by Elliesmum »

Saw this poor girl going round social media and I was sent messages about her too. I guessed she would come our way being a Pattie. Thanks Lynne xx :goodjob.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

Same. Thank god she is safe now. Welcome to the rest of your life Polly Xx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:thanks.gif: Lynne for taking this poor little girl in need crying1.gif] :welcome.gif: to the family Polly. Safe with us sweetheart love4.gif xx
xxlynne

Re: Polly Patterdale DofB 2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Polly arrived today straight into our vets. She was spayed, chipped, received a dental with removal of some teeth including a tooth with an absess. She is a shy little girl as these 2 vids taken tonight reveal. I carried her into the paddock and it was ideal as at 8 pm the kennels were settled and she could gain some confidence in her new setting. Bless her heart.

heleny

Post by heleny »

I just can't wait to meet this little girl. I shall go gently and quietly and hope to build up some trust. I'm so glad she is safe now and on the road to recovery. What an amazing rescue Rescue Remedies is - am so glad to be a small part of it. :welcome.gif:
Tim

Post by Tim »

We took this little beauty into the paddock this afternoon, Bless her, it was very hot so she was more than happy just to have a cuddle or two ....such a sweetie Heart fill with love.gif]
DSC03908.jpg
DSC03875.jpg
Rachel placed some treats on her leg but not interested, just lots of cuddles
DSC03900.jpg
Looking up and Rachel when she stopped stroking her
DSC03899.jpg
DSC03888.jpg
DSC03887.jpg
DSC03894.jpg
DSC03913.jpg
Tummy tickle time
DSC03915.jpg
Enjoying the afternoon sun
DSC03907.jpg
DSC03906.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
heleny

Post by heleny »

I took little Polly outside for some cuddles today - she was not interested in walking and she kept reaching up for cuddles. So cuddle we did - my goodness me, that little girl has so much love to give. Lovely, lovely little dog who enjoyed her treats and being spoken to. I could have sat there all day with her but, unfortunately, other little terriers were calling me and so I said a reluctant farewell to little Polly until the next time I see her. Heart fill with love.gif]
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of meeting this little sweetheart yesterday. Polly greeted me like a long lost friend love4.gif what wonderful cuddles. She was such a good girl while I harnessed her. There was no way that Polly wanted to walk so I carried her out through the noisy kennel block. Outside Polly resisted the offer to walk so she remained snug in my arms and we set off on our beautiful woodland walk. Away from the kennels, Polly began to relax. I put her down and she had a little walk and a sniff about. Then she asked to be picked up, so off we set again with Polly having a good look around. We sat down in the field for cuddles and Polly really snuggled into me enjoying the sunshine. She enjoyed some sausages and took them very gently. Polly is a very special girl, she has obviously not had the best of lives so far. It amazes me at how loving and trusting she is. Somebody is going to be so lucky to have her. While she waits for her forever home, rest assured that she will be loved and treasured while she is with us. Polly will be loved like never before and we will build up her confidence and work with her at her pace. Love you already Polly Heart fill with love.gif] xx
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Well what a treat to meet sweetypops Polly today...... blob6.gif]

We managed a little walk and then I picked her up and then we walked again....I carried her through the kennel block.Polly is still very unsure about the whole noisy kennel experience but am sure her confidence will grow..what an absolute cutie.....so sweet , so friendly.........please someone give her a home so she can cuddle up to you and feel safe .....xXx love her Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”