Harvey Parsons JRT DofB ?2012 Reading

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Harvey Parsons JRT DofB ?2012 Reading

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
HarveyJRT.jpg
Harvey's Story: Harvey was found tied up and was returned to his original owners. He was then surrendered to our Rescue on 20/2/17. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. We rehomed Harvey in with another older terrier in 2017 but he was returned to us in January 2019. Harvey's family had a baby in October 2018, and Harvey could not adjust to the new baby; he had also lost his canine partner in December 2018. Harvey is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Harvey was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Harvey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Harvey was found tied up in 2016. His chip was related to a local family. The kennel owner and SarahW took Harvey to his home. The couple said they had rehomed him, but they reluctantly took him in. 6 months later the couple arrived at the kennels and asked if we could take him in... we asked for 2 weeks and Harvey was delivered into our care today 20th February 2017.
Christinetully

Re: Harvey Parsons JRT DOB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Christinetully »

'I'm really trying to pose ... i just want to get going again!'
'I'm really trying to pose ... i just want to get going again!'
Harvey is a delightful little chap who proves the point that 'Life is merrier with a terrier'! He bounced with joy as soon as I went into his kennel and wriggled with glee as I fitted his harness (he was smaller than I thought!). We set off with Stuart and Missie for a lovely long walk. There were a few moments early on when Harvey lay down and thought he wasn't sure about our adventure, but a sausage or two later and he was trotting daintily along again. Interested in everything, Harvey walks beautifully without pulling. He's very light on his feet, hopping up onto the bridges and trotting speedily(at heel) to catch up with Missie when we'd paused to sniff for too long! Hurricane Doris had scattered plenty of small branches and twigs which caught in Harvey's hair and 'followed' him - he looked like a little tousled sheep, and was very happy for me to remove the unwanted 'hair extensions', especially when his appealing bright button eyes and his patience were rewarded with yummy treats. This little man SO needs a forever home - he is such a rewarding and happy character! :crossfingers.gif:
A quick snuffly kiss as we moved along
A quick snuffly kiss as we moved along
VAL

Post by VAL »

Your post amused me, Christine, because I walked Harvey last Wednesday and also underestimated his size so I chose a harness a bit too big for him. Although we hadn't met before, he was very pleased to see me. With his curly white coat and skinny little legs, he reminded me of a little sheep too! Because he was intimidated by the other dogs, I carried him in and out of the kennel block and then he was fine and walked happily with another dog and didn't overreact to strangers and their dogs. I think he will settle down well.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

P1080944 (480x640).jpg
Just to show how teeny Harvey is - saying hello to Rebecca...
P1080950 (640x571).jpg
Super cute too! love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Cute and teeny and with the most beautiful black heart on the end of his nose :smiley-love014.gif:
IMG_5149.JPG
IMG_5150.JPG
Enjoying a walk with Barni thumbs.gif
IMG_5148.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

(Since returned)

Harvey had some very special visitors today and made friends with Noodles, ex Terrier Rescue from our Godstone days, Noodles is looking amazing and was having a good one sided Terrier chat with Harvey when I met them, I think she was telling him who was the boss as Harvey is going home with her and her lovely family :D
Harvey took it all in his stride ! And I hear also passed the cat test, what a sweet little guy, life's on the up Harvey thumbs.gif
IMG_5223.JPG
:smiley-bounce016.gi:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Yes Harvey ticked every box today Neutered Yes Cat test Yes Retest cat for sure Yes for sure Dog Test Yes Heartthrob Yes Homed to Alex,Jay & Ben YES!!!

xxlynne

Re: Harvey Parsons JRT DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Harvey has come back to us today as due to change of circumstance beyond his control he lost his canine partner and a new baby came into his family which he did not cope with sadly.
heleny

Re: Harvey Parsons JRT DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

I met Harvey today when I arrived - walker Nick was walking him. What a little poppet! He was so friendly and really enjoyed a treat or two. Everything crossed for the fast rehoming of this gorgeous little fluffy lad. angel13.gif]
xxlynne

Re: Harvey Parsons JRT DofB ?2012 Reading

Post by xxlynne »

Kevin and his partner met dear liitle Harvey today ~Pedro his new canine partner enjoyed meeting him too Sarah will share all

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”