Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Weymouth Dorset

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Weymouth Dorset

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Harvey16.jpg
Harvey's Story : Found stray/abandoned but chipped & unclaimed within a South London council pound. Harvey was homed by the pound but came back after he got a wool ball and wouldn't give it back: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Harvey is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Harvey was homed but the family recognise how much awareness a Patterdale needs he came back 24.02.18 1 year later.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Harvey's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Harvey and the dog warden
Harvey and the dog warden
Harvey's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 21.1.17: Do you have any room to help a male Patterdale who needs responsible homing. N x
"Young adult male. Nice boy but busy. Typical Patterdale Reported possession over high value stuff but that's not been seen here. Homed in with an older person with no Patterdale experience and bounced back when he wouldn't give a ball of wool back" Need I say more!
sweetpea

Re: Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Kent Pound coming this w

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely looking boy .......way to get a terrier to give something up ...offer him something better. ..like a tasty sausage love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Harvey xx :smiley-gen132.gif:
frankie

Post by frankie »

oh what a handsome lad can't wait to meet him xxx
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

Look at those chops, can't wait to meet you Harvey!!
helengarner

Re: Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Chessington Kenns

Post by helengarner »

This morning I had the opportunity to accompany this lovely little chap, Harvey, on a nice long walk.
He is the gentlest of souls; did not pull on the lead once, only wanted to walk by my side. Very calm and attentive without being needy at all.
Nibbles treats very nicely from your hand, happy to sit and do paw on command, and even treats you to a little sideways can-can dance now and again.
Melts a little when he has his ears and ribs tickled ❤️
Would make a thoroughly gentle and loving companion for a very lucky someone out there, and I hope he finds his forever home very soon... who could say no to those beautiful brown eyes?!
pat1.jpg
pat2.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Harvey had his 2nd vaccination on the 14th Feb. and had a lovely walk afterwards meeting many dogs really well

xxlynne

Re: Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Corby Northants

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned) Harvey travelled to Broxbourne today to meet 1/2 of a very important family. Harvey met Sarah (mum) and Michael & Rebecca. Love at first sight. Harvey delighted them with everything he did and was. Here he is invading our picnic table. I taught him very bad habits as he shared my apple cake...well none else would. Harvey demonstrated his perfect sit and paw commands.
Harvey1.jpg
Harvey2.jpg
Harvey3.jpg
Harvey4.jpg
Harvey5.jpg
Harvey6.jpg
Harvey left with his new family to go on to meet Paul (Dad), Steven & Daniel. The family a word for Harvey "Perfect" we all can simpy agree
xxlynne

Re: Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Harvey came back yesterday as his family concluded he needed a terrier aware family both walking him outside and with his expectations indoors. Coping with a busy household has been exciting and at times challenging.
Kathys

Re: Harvey Patterdale DofB 26.10.12 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Kathys »

I took the handsome Harvey for a walk around the park yesterday afternoon.
Apparently he was quite vocal when any dogs passed his kennel so Adam put a muzzle on him to begin with. It was actually very quiet everywhere - everyone must have gone for Sunday lunch - so I took the muzzle off after a while and he was fine (although we didn't have any close encounters with other dogs). He walked perfectly on the lead without pulling, sat for his treats and took them very gently. We had a couple of cyclists and walkers pass us which he ignored and he wasn't bothered by a very noisy skateboarder who passed us twice. I hope he finds another home soon and doesn't have to spend too long in kennels.
20180225_145107.jpg
20180225_145626.jpg
20180225_145731.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”