Leo Red Fell Terrier DofB 07.10.11 Rye East Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Leo Red Fell Terrier DofB 07.10.11 Rye East Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Leo30.JPG
Leo's Story :Leo has lost his freedoms since a baby appeared. He has become snappy and he is now separated within the house to avoid contact with the crawling baby : Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Leo is neutered; chipped and vaccinated. Always been loved and well cared for. His photos say it all. His traits are that of the Fell terrier and needs a family who can appreciate him for the lovely character he is if not grumpy on occasions. Leo lived on the West Coast of Scotland and then in boarding kennels nr Guildford

"Leo is a very lovely well behaved dog. Will bark at noises, and guard a little but intensified since baby has arrived. He does enjoy his walks. He is more controlled with a ball as enticement. He loves big sticks and rocks (unfortunately!) he LOVES swimming and very good at it! He has no interest in other dogs. He would rather not have to meet dogs: Happily ignores unless they come to him (or bark at him). Consequently, he has snapped at other dogs because he does not want to play with them. He likes to try and dominate all spaniels.
Leo loves cuddles and playing with a ball. Feel he craves top dog attention and therefore only one dog home and no children.
He has shown great care and contention with our son but now has sent a couple warning shots. Firstly, baring teeth and recently snapping on hand- not breaking skin. He is a lovely natured dog." Leo needs a quiet life without children and other dogs ALL FOR YOU!

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Leo's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Leo16.jpg
Leo.jpg
Leo10.jpg
Leo4.jpg
Leo's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 19.11.16: Leo was happily homed and truly loved but then a surprize baby came along and leo isnt of the right breed type to be super tolerance to a crawling baby and has air snapped . His freedom is now greatly restricted and his owners have asked us to find him a terrier home
Leo8.jpg
Leo12.jpg
Leo5.jpg
Leo9.jpg
Leo3.jpg
Leo11.jpg
Leo6.jpg
DawnS

Re: Leo Red Fell Terrier DofB 07.10.11 Oban Scotland

Post by DawnS »

A wee update on our precious Leo. Things are tough, and he is not happy with the way we have to live now with separation when our One year old is around. He looks forward to his play time and snuggles when our son goes to bed, and he does also enjoy special treatment of getting in our bed in the morning (this is is preferred separation location!) he also enjoys sitting on the end of our bed and looking out the window, in great anticipation for the post man coming!

I have attached photo of him wearing the last of the Christmas decorations coming down this evening! A rather fetching scarf I feel.

We are only having short walks now, as Leo had a trip to the vets today and he has a wee sprain in his shoulder. Trying to rest as much as possible and keep excitment levels to a minimal is tough for Leo who has such a lovely personality, full of beans but so well behaved too.

Leo showed great compassion a week or so before Christmas, we were on our morning walk, not far from home, when we saw a neighbours dog get hit by a car, was horrible to see (Guinness is OK - and i had a card through the door to thank me for my help and an update on his vets visit!)
Anyway - Leo and guiness (spaniel) would normally bark at one another, and pull on leads. Guiness had got out of garden and was along the road chasing a pheasant when the unfortunate event took place. He moved his way towards us after the knock and i worried that leo was going to make the situation worse for a shaken up dog.... Leo was very calm, and made no attempts at interfering with the other dog. The owner was quick on the scene behind us, and snapped up Guiness to take home. I was very pleased with Leos calm behaviour.

It was also a time for yet more reflection, and a feeling of knowing that we are doing the right thing in trying to rehome our little Leo. The thought of harm coming to him is heartbreaking, as is knowing one day we will say goodbye; but we hope our little boy can find his forever home really soon, and live the life he deserves to live.
Yes, things are very difficult, but we are persevering, and trying to enjoy the time we have together and hoping that a better option for him comes up soon! He truly is a wonderful, loyal, lovely little dog, albeit a little snappy at times!
christmas Leo
christmas Leo
DawnS

Post by DawnS »

A photo of Leo enjoying a snooze under a blanket. Loves his snuggles this boy. Hoping for a new forever home for him soon. He so deserves it.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Are there any updates on Leo and is he still available?
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
DawnS

Post by DawnS »

Hi, yes Leo is still available. Unfortunately I have just made arrangements for rescue to take Leo in as we sadly can not keep him at home anymore. Things had been going well enough and Leo had settled well into keeping a good separation.
We are making the long journey south next week and just pray that this will help speed up him finding a suitable new home (as we are based so far away in Scotland). We are very fortunate rescue remedies agreed to help us in first place and can only hope that our precious Leo being based South will help. Our hearts are breaking but it is a decision we just had to make. smiley-sad010.gif
Sarahk

Re: Leo Red Fell Terrier DofB 07.10.11 Gatwick

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to meet Leo yesterday now he is at Gatwick - I can see this little'un rather enjoys a stick or too ...
DSC08719.JPG
He very much enjoyed our woodland walk and then posed for a few photos, and mighty handsome he is too love4.gif
DSC08726.JPG
DSC08742.JPG
DSC08730.JPG
DSC08733.JPG
DSC08739.JPG
DSC08728.JPG
DSC08741.JPG
:crossfingers.gif: Come on Leo's home :crossfingers.gif:
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Leo is lovely! I walked him for the first time today. He welcomed me into his kennel and was easy to 'lead up'. He liked the odd sausage or two. Once ready he was easy to walk through the 'block' and didn't take any notice of the other dogs around him. He had his nose into everything, very inquisitive of his surroundings. He found a few sticks, but dropped them to sniff. Very easy on the lead, with the occasional burst of energy. I hope Leo enjoyed his walk as much as I did.
DawnS

Post by DawnS »

Oh thank you thank you both for your updates. I'm a blubbing mess right now to see the wonderful photos of my gorgeous boy and your updates on his walks. Home just does not feel the same without him, he really is the most wonderful of dogs and these updates have really helped me to reassure that we've done the best thing to give him hope of finding a new home just right for him. I just pray it's soon and bless all you lovely volunteers looking after our precious Leo and other dogs and all those walks. I can see he's enjoyed a wee treat or two! :thanks.gif:
Chapmania

Re: Leo Red Fell Terrier DofB 07.10.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of meeting and walking the gorgeous Leo on Friday. He greeted me like a long lost friend. I was presented with a tennis ball so we played for a short while in his kennel. He then realised that I had sausages and sat so nicely putting up a paw! He took them so gently.

We enjoyed a lovely walk together in the glorious sunshine. Leo has been well trained and does not pull on the lead, crosses the road nicely and takes no notice of traffic. Walking through the woods proved very popular with Leo. Nose to the ground in typical terrier fashion.

A super little boy, very friendly and loving. I am a fan on the first meeting! love4.gif xx
20171006_124806.jpg
20171006_124958.jpg
Pegmilly

Re: Leo Red Fell Terrier DofB 07.10.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG
IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2462.JPG
IMG_2463.JPG
Leo is my type of dog!!! I had a little time left so decided to go and get this little bundle of mischief out for a walk. I gave him a few sausages and we were friends, leads on and off we went. First we went through the woods. Leo found a large stick to carry - unfortunately for him after a couple of crunches the stick disintegrated and was more of a twig but he was still happy with his find. He walks beautifully, alert but no pulling. At one point he dropped his stick and tried to climb a tree after a squirrel. Squirrel 1 : Leo 0. He absolutely loved it when I took him to the paddock, changing his lead to an extender lead. The stick was soon discarded for a small football - and boy did he have a blast with this!! He pushes it along with his nose then pounces on it. Leo would look at me, goading me to try and get the ball. When I did manage to get it, I kicked it and off he went to get it. We played until Leo was happily worn out. Leo is a terrier lovers dream - I thoroughly enjoyed his company. Xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”