Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
Dani

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by Dani » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Aww 0093.gif .I find photo's of Basil a challenge lol.

I took Basil out today, he is very good when putting a muzzle on him and happy with it on bless him. Nice walk sniffing all the great smells as usual. I have never seen Basil react to a dog yet and is lovely in dogs company. He did well as usual with the dogs we passed today. When back at kennels we went for play in paddock and all Basil wanted was cuddles and attention. Such a sweet little terrier, I don't think you can get more of a patterdale than dear busy little bee Basil. It's lovely he gets weekend foster breaks to rest.

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm super fond of Basil, he's just so entertaining, he trots along enjoying a snuffle but always checking up at you love4.gif .

Said a lovely hello to a Border terrier today but then lost his nerve a bit, I'm not sure why he changed his mind but it was just bluster and he got over himself. It's not anything to worry about as he's happy in his muzzle and the Bordie wasn't worried by him either so I think we all knew he didn't mean anything by it, just a little loss of confidence. We then walked back from the island with Zola and they were surprisingly relaxed in eachother's company.
Basil1.jpg
Showing off his new outfit under the shelter out of the rain

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Little Basil spent the last two weekends out on foster. He was in a very sociable mood and managed to stop lots of people in their tracks asking questions about him & his reasons for wearing a muzzle in public when he has such a waggy tail. They soon found out he's a big softie at heart love4.gif Just a typical Paterdale Terrier! Even on the long lead Basil didnt stray far, far enough for a good sniff around and came trotting back on recall with no treats needed! You just need to spend a short amount of time with this little guy and you'll want to take him home!!
WP_20160228_16_16_55_Pro.jpg
Baz-(Colour).jpg

kashers

Post by kashers » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:13 pm

I haven't walked basil for quite a while so it was great to catch up with him today. I had forgotten what a lovely patterdale character this boy is. Putting on his muzzle was not a problem and he accepts this really well. We crossed a busy road by the kennel and he was so good. I asked him to sit while waiting which he did. We had a lovely walk in the sunshine and he was a very busy boy sniffing anything and everything. He even had a little rub and roll in the ground. When you call him he does look back and remembers you are there and comes for a cuddle and fuss. I took him by the canal and then up the back of the canal to what we call the "beach". It was lovely and a lot of new sights and smells for basil. We did see three off lead dogs across the other side of the canal and basil did express an interest but I think it was just "oh look FRIENDS! They look fun". We had to cross the main busy road again and Basil's bottom was firmly sat while we waited. I kept saying good boy and then his little tail nearly wagged off he was so pleased with himself. I was so impressed by his obedience. He is a dear little thing and I really enjoyed my time with him today.

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Foster weekend- Basil's first trip to the Beach.

For Basil's weekend out of kennels I took him down to West Wittering. He enjoyed running around the beach (see video clip!) and as we found a fairly quiet spot I left him on the long lead all day so he could wander around as he pleased. After a day of exploring the beach and gorging on a sausage & carrot (Basil loves carrots!) he spent the afternoon curled up snoozing.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
WP_20160319_13_18_11_Pro.jpg
Yum!
WP_20160319_13_22_35_Pro.jpg
Basil's spotted the carrot treat!
WP_20160319_14_37_38_Pro.jpg
Nap time as the sun sets
WP_20160319_14_39_15_Pro.jpg

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 pm

He really is such a sweet boy, and much smaller then he looks in the photos. So easy to take out on day trips too. Last weekend was a trip to Wagoners Well where he met two very polite collies and he didnt react at all. He had little interest in the ducks at the pond, his eyes were on the duck food! Really hope his forever home is round the corner :please.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Attachments
WP_20160328_11_37_04_Pro 1-2.jpg
WP_20160326_11_42_00_Pro-2.jpg

Linda

Post by Linda » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:54 am

Basil is a really handsome boy. Great photos, especially on the beach. Read a great article extolling the virtues of Patterdales, in a famous magazine this week. They make fantastic pets, very loyal and affectionate, love exercise but equally happy to curl up on the sofa with their family. Exceptionally good to train! I love them......perfect terrier! Hope Basil is reserved soon bless him xx

kashers

Post by kashers » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:58 am

Had a lovely walk win Bas today. He was almost shaking with excitement as he realised I was taking him out and was super excited! Out of the kennel block I put his muzzle on. He was such a good boy as I was being silly and fiddling around with it! He doesn't mind his muzzle at all. Out walking he was fab and we walked with Maisie and Amanda and Bruno with Laura. Had a fabulous long walk and he was busy bee doing his pattie work of sniffing everything in sight! We did cross two in lead dogs on our way back down a narrow lane. Basil was a good boy (as we're all three of our dogs!). Back in the kennel basil enjoyed some home made doggie treats (thanks Bex). Lovely boy and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with him today.

dymphnae

Post by dymphnae » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:28 pm

We've walked Basil a few times now over the past weeks and he's been so well behaved. Calm around other dogs, both his walking buddies and other dogs out and about. He's responsive to my mum asking him 'sit' and 'heel' and he's been a joy to walk.

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:02 pm

Basil had a last minute Foster weekend out. I try to give Basil a break away from the kennel environment when I can, and realised last minute even though I had a busy weekend out everywhere I was going was dog friendly so Basil could come too.The pictures say enough- Basil had his first ride on a train! I was a little unsure to how he would be around the trains as he does not like busy roads with loud traffic but knowing it was a fairly quiet time of day I thought i would see how he would be with a gentle introduction & go from there. Basil being Basil took it in his stride, watched intently as the train pulled up and took a big leap on to it with no hesitation.
Basil is really finding his confidence with other dogs especially with the more interaction he is getting. He was in a very playful mood and wanted to play with pretty much all the dogs he came across. This is huge steps for Basil who use to get over excited & take a pop at them where as now he can greet other dogs in a much calmer manner. Am very impressed with how far he has come!
The rest of Basils' weekend included visits to friends, a couple of pub visits (he quietly slept under the table while we ate), a trip around the Sculpture Park (seems a popular spot this month for RR dogs!), runs around the common and walks by the canal. He also educated a few people on Rescue Remedies as he had an Adopt Me Lead on which drew attention & hopefully draws some interest to the site. One very tired Basil by the end of the weekend.. Only bad point about Basil.. he loves to curl up very close to you and SNORE! To any dog lover thats not a bad thing at all!
Attachments
WP_20160417_13_31_13_Pro.jpg
Basil meets a giant dog at the Sculpture Park.
WP_20160417_11_23_16_Pro.jpg
Basils impression of my door stop
IMG-20160420-WA0009.jpg
Train ride
IMG-20160420-WA0005.jpg
Train spotting

Return to “3. TERRIER RESCUE”